ADVERTISEMENT

Ahem - NCAA fires shots across the bow of MSU

“The N.C.A.A. has requested information from Michigan State about any potential rules violations,” said Donald M. Remy, the association’s chief legal officer, on Tuesday.

Remy.

Reactions: Zenophile
For starters, PSU wants it’s $50 million back from Jim “Dickhead” Delany and Lou Anna “Backstabber NCAA Operative” Simons.

It somehow seems “just” to me.

Last edited:
“The N.C.A.A. has requested information from Michigan State about any potential rules violations,” said Donald M. Remy, the association’s chief legal officer, on Tuesday.

Remy.
images

Just a refresher of the shitty things Simon, Delany, Emmert, Remy and the other suits had to say about Penn State back in 2012.

Remember - Delany & Emmert invoked that “moral authority” to get involved.

Pandora’s Box Indeed

As much as I hate Emmert & Delany - such grandstanding ASSHATS - what I’d like to see from this is the NCAA & Big Ten host a televised National Panel Discussion on Acquaintance Offenders.

Put these member institutions & peer professionals on that panel. Experts on the topic.

Drag Louis Freeh’s ass up on the dais.

MAKE THAT MAN ADMIT THAT HE ENABLED LARRY NASSAR TO HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT FOR YEARS. Freeh forks over $8 Million FTK.

The NCAA & Big Ten fund a $100 Million endowment for these MSU victims and/or their children. This is peanuts - how much do they make off of the Big Ten Network?

And hammer MSU for $60 Million because of those shitty statements by Lou Anna “pretty pervasive” Simon & Joel “we’re not Penn State” Ferguson .

As much as I hate Emmert & Delany - such grandstanding ASSHATS - what I’d like to see from this is the NCAA & Big Ten host a televised National Panel Discussion on Acquaintance Offenders.

Put these member institutions & peer professionals on that panel. Experts on the topic.

Drag Louis Freeh’s ass up on the dais.

MAKE THAT MAN ADMIT THAT HE ENABLED LARRY NASSAR TO HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT FOR YEARS. Freeh forks over $8 Million FTK.

The NCAA & Big Ten fund a $100 Million endowment for these MSU victims and/or their children. This is peanuts - how much do they make off of the Big Ten Network?

And hammer MSU for $60 Million because of those shitty statements by Lou Anna “pretty pervasive” Simon & Joel “we’re not Penn State” Ferguson .
yesjacknicholson.gif

This is likely because Emmert was taking heat over not having an opinion on the events at MSU with Nassar when asked the other day.

This will likely be a UNC type investigation (the first one). It will be a very brief investigation that finds a regrettable situation. It’s mainly to give Emmert cover IMO.

Last edited:
Sadly if the NCAA actually does anything, they will shut down the gymnastics program and that will only hurt future potential athletes

Reactions: 91Joe95

And if I recall correctly - there’s this pesky detail :
August 6, 2014, Lou Anna Simon was the NCAA Executive Committee Chair that oversaw the discussion and approval of the NCAA resolution on Sexual Violence Prevention.
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2014-Aug-Exec-Comm-Report.pdf

That resolution includes phrasing that outlined their motivation:

“WHEREAS the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights has issued guidance related to sexual harassment, bullying and violence against all students under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 et seq, which applies to all educational activities, including athletics programs, of higher education institutions receiving federal financial assistance and which states that sexual violence includes rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual coercion and gender-based harassment.

Now, Therefore, Be It Resolved, that the Executive Committee recognizes the importance of addressing the abhorrent societal issue of sexual violence, especially when it occurs on our campuses. The Executive Committee acknowledges that it is our members’ collective responsibility to maintain campuses as safe places to learn, live, work and play.”

And this was released just a month after the Title IX investigation into Nassar was closed. MSU is still facing a lot of criticism over that one, and for pretty good reason if news reports are accurate.

In July 2014, MSU closed their Title IX investigation into Nassar
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ual-assault-harassment-larry-nassar/94993582/

And if I recall correctly - there’s this pesky detail :
August 6, 2014, Lou Anna Simon was the NCAA Executive Committee Chair that oversaw the discussion and approval of the NCAA resolution on Sexual Violence Prevention.
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2014-Aug-Exec-Comm-Report.pdf

That resolution includes phrasing that outlined their motivation:

“WHEREAS the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights has issued guidance related to sexual harassment, bullying and violence against all students under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 et seq, which applies to all educational activities, including athletics programs, of higher education institutions receiving federal financial assistance and which states that sexual violence includes rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sexual coercion and gender-based harassment.

Now, Therefore, Be It Resolved, that the Executive Committee recognizes the importance of addressing the abhorrent societal issue of sexual violence, especially when it occurs on our campuses. The Executive Committee acknowledges that it is our members’ collective responsibility to maintain campuses as safe places to learn, live, work and play.”

And this was released just a month after the Title IX investigation into Nassar was closed. MSU is still facing a lot of criticism over that one, and for pretty good reason if news reports are accurate.

In July 2014, MSU closed their Title IX investigation into Nassar
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ual-assault-harassment-larry-nassar/94993582/

Heh heh heh.

Ever hear the saying, 'hoisted on her own petard'?

I agree with most of what wensilver said; especially the stuff about education of these monsters.

But, regarding msu, I would prefer a smoking hole in the ground. This is what smug ivory tower arrogance deserves.

Let me be clear, I’d rather not be saying this now, rather not have any of the situation happen, and continue on with having simon thinking she got PSU, and me continuing to despise her in the that previous capacity. But we are where we are, and they should burn. it. down.

And it’s funny how far people will go to produce or frame a narrative. Is there a video out there that doesn’t have michigan state edited out with the one victim speech. I mean really. That’s what you’re going to try to do. Pathetic.

Sadly if the NCAA actually does anything, they will shut down the gymnastics program and that will only hurt future potential athletes

That won't happen. The NCAA will go down 3 roads (and likely only these 3 roads):

(1) show cause penalties for the various guilty individuals.
(2) big fine for the University (similar to our own fine).
(3) something akin to the Athletic Integrity Advisor (George Mitchell) placed at Penn State.

We may not like it, but football is different than gymnastics. To put it bluntly: one sport is VERY visible, the other sport is virtually invisible.

Some sort of visible penalty was necessary for the football program - the general public had no desire to see us playing in the Rose Bowl on 1-January-2013 (as would have happened without any NCAA penalties). We had to be made "less visible" for a period of time. Gymnastics is virtually invisible already.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmacpolo
That won't happen. The NCAA will go down 3 roads (and likely only these 3 roads):

(3) something akin to the Athletic Integrity Advisor (George Mitchell) placed at Penn State.

We may not like it, but football is different than gymnastics. To put it bluntly: one sport is VERY visible, the other sport is virtually invisible.

Some sort of visible penalty was necessary for the football program - the general public had no desire to see us playing in the Rose Bowl on 1-January-2013 (as would have happened without any NCAA penalties). We had to made "less visible" for a period of time. Gymnastics is virtually invisible already.
If that's the attitude of the NCAA it should be dissolved immediately. Their enforcement efforts, in needed, shouldn't be based on how visible a sport is although it does seem true given how they refuse to punish a blue blood hoops school. I'm sure female gymnasts would be furious to hear the NCAA doesn't think the young women are worth protecting since they participate in an invisible sport.

And no, a very visible penalty wasn't necessary for the Penn State football program. Public opinion shouldn't be a factor.

If that's the attitude of the NCAA it should be dissolved immediately. Their enforcement efforts, in needed, shouldn't be based on how visible a sport is although it does seem true given how they refuse to punish a blue blood hoops school. I'm sure female gymnasts would be furious to hear the NCAA doesn't think the young women are worth protecting since they participate in an invisible sport.

And no, a very visible penalty wasn't necessary for the Penn State football program. Public opinion shouldn't be a factor.

I didn't say that "young women are not worth protecting since they participate in an invisible sport." That's absurd. They're worth protecting, and Kathie Klages getting slapped with a show cause penalty concurrent with MSU getting slapped with a 8-dollar-figure fine would absolutely be justified.

Some folk here continue to refuse to accept it --- but PSU football was seen as an absolute disgrace on the national scene in July 2012. We had a former coach, former President and former AD who had a role in covering up child abuse! We DID need to "go away" to at least some extent in the months that followed. So we missed out on a B1G title and Rose Bowl in 2012, and we had some rather mediocre teams in 2013-2015. Such is. It's in the past, the penalty is paid, and life has gone on. Our future is bright!

Applying a "death penalty" to MSU gymnastics - that certainly isn't going to redeem any of our errors of the past.

I didn't say that "young women are not worth protecting since they participate in an invisible sport." That's absurd. They're worth protecting, and Kathie Klages getting slapped with a show cause penalty concurrent with MSU getting slapped with a 8-dollar-figure fine would absolutely be justified.

Some folk here continue to refuse to accept it --- but PSU football was seen as an absolute disgrace on the national scene in July 2012. We had a former coach, former President and former AD who had a role in covering up child abuse! We DID need to "go away" to at least some extent in the months that followed. So we missed out on a B1G title and Rose Bowl in 2012, and we had some rather mediocre teams in 2013-2015. Such is. It's in the past, the penalty is paid, and life has gone on. Our future is bright!

Applying a "death penalty" to MSU gymnastics - that certainly isn't going to redeem any of our errors of the past.
Who covered up child abuse at Penn State?

Oh no, does this MSU thing mean you are going to start crying on other message boards all over again?? Pu$$y.

Who covered up child abuse at Penn State?

Sigh, you're diverting onto this "nobody at PSU did anything wrong!" tangent. Fair enough, I'll play along (for the moment).

Take (1) a list of all living ex-PSU Presidents, and (2) a list of all living convicted criminals.

I'll leave it as an exercise for you to determine the one name that shows up on both lists.

Sigh, you're diverting onto this "nobody at PSU did anything wrong!" tangent. Fair enough, I'll play along (for the moment).

Take (1) a list of all living ex-PSU Presidents, and (2) a list of all living convicted criminals.

I'll leave it as an exercise for you to determine the one name that shows up on both lists.
Let's see...is that the solitary misdemeanor that had nothing to do with "a coverup" that will soon be tossed by an appellate court? You are quite the insufferable twit. You and Ditka can battle it out for being the #1 clown.
25Pennstate-master675.jpg

Last edited:
Let's see...is that the solitary misdemeanor that had nothing to do with "a coverup" that will soon be tossed by an appellate court? You are quite the insufferable twit. You and Ditka can battle it out for being the #1 clown.
25Pennstate-master675.jpg

Sure, Spanier might win his appeal. You seem confident. Fair enough. I've heard other stuff through the years too, however.

The Freeh Report is going to be completely repudiated. Wick Sollers is going to redeem JoePa's good name. Spanier/Curley/Schultz will be found not guilty on all crimes in the court of law. The statue is going to come back. Jay is going to win all his various lawsuits. Lubrano and Al Lord and the various other PS4RS candidates are going to kick ass and take names on the Board of Trustees. Et cetera.

Maybe you'll be right as regards Spanier's appeal. But talk is talk and facts are facts. It is what it is. As of 1:04 AM ET on Wednesday 24-January-2018, Graham Spanier is a convicted criminal and Tim Curley pled guilty to being a criminal.

Some sort of visible penalty was necessary for the football program - the general public had no desire to see us playing in the Rose Bowl on 1-January-2013 (as would have happened without any NCAA penalties). We had to be made "less visible" for a period of time. Gymnastics is virtually invisible already.
You know what's not invisible? The video recorded testimony of nearly 200 actual victims of Nassar's abuse. Testimony that didn't rely on retrieving repressed memories. Testimony that wasn't elicited with the announcement of a pool of 93 million dollars to quick come share up. Testimony that was obtained on the condition the victims sign a statement promising they wouldn't take legal action against any other possible defendant. Notice neither MSU or USAG or Twistars have demanded that-- in fact they're actively trying to toss the blame onto the others like a game of hot potato. Why did only our dumbshit BOT/ settlement committee come up with that idea?

These women stood up and gave their names and told their stories. We're still reduced to referring to accusers by numbers and initials. Not including the one that's known only to God, according to the OAG. Any deviation from that has the peanut gallery fainting and crying "victim shaming." I think the administration of MSU deserves the harshest penalties they can dream of. Don't penalize the athletes, penalize the admins and trustees. I hope the ladies go after the trustees individually and personally.

Without the benefit of a pre-concocted narrative like the Freeh Report, I wonder if Emmett and his band of merry men can run a competent investigation here. I was thinking the only way it even get off the ground would be for there to be a massive groundswell in public outcry to "do something".

Or, Emmett sees an opportunity to puff out his chest. Nice job Ferguson!

Matt should get an award for his coverage here. I called him up after Spanier’s trial back in March to fill him in on the farce conducted by the Commonwealth in the courtroom.

We both agreed Nassar and his crimes were in another solar system and that MSU is in uncharted territory.

Again - our AG & BoT thought they were acting in a vacuum here - but the Blast Radius from Tom Corbett’s actions - and every grandstanding, self-interested asshat since - SURMA, FRAZIER, the ladies from PCAR, STORM, EMMERT, SIMON, FREEH & the SPORTS MEDIA has left a smoking crater across the state of Michigan.

But what the hell do I know. I’m just a Football Crazed Child Rape Enabler

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT