ADVERTISEMENT

All Star Classic - Nov 16

Maybe to not give Feldman and extra look at him when it doesn't matter? They will likely see each other 3 times this year already.
I don’t get the impression this has ever been something PSU is super concerned about.

Kerk was photographed in practice as recently as this week I think. So maybe an injury, but maybe something else came up?

With Kerk, it's better to err on the side of caution for bumps and bruises.

They did the same last year with Senior Nationals after he got nicked up against Lehigh and that obviously had way more implications than an All Star match. He's going to see Feldman at least two more times this year in all likelihood, very possibly three.

Reactions: Jplions4
If you feel like watching Pyles do a 12 minute hype-ad for the ASC on Flo:

Honestly, I think in hindsight, this "matchup of the century" or whatever isn't going to seem all that competitive. Parker is a good wrestler, no doubt. Carter is just better. I'm not predicting bonus points (though I wouldn't be dumbfounded if it ended a major w/ the 3pt TD), but still. I guess we'll see.

If you feel like watching Pyles do a 12 minute hype-ad for the ASC on Flo:

Honestly, I think in hindsight, this "matchup of the century" or whatever isn't going to seem all that competitive. Parker is a good wrestler, no doubt. Carter is just better. I'm not predicting bonus points (though I wouldn't be dumbfounded if it ended a major w/ the 3pt TD), but still. I guess we'll see.
I will not be shocked no matter the outcome, I just wanna see it.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
First dual is the next day and is a home dual so perhaps also wanted to have some of the starters wrestle the dual match for the home crowd.. I imagine anyone going in the ASC will likely sit the next day..
Unless there is some concern about making weight on consecutive days on opening weekend, why?

Drexel only has 1 starter who could test any of our starters -- that's at 197, and Barr isn't competing at the exhibition. Their HWT went 9-10 last year, not gonna touch Kerk.

If we want to give some true freshmen a match, good idea. But that has nothing to do with the exhibition.

45:00 in basically the video. Pyles immediately said "Greg's fine, he's not hurt"

I'm reading between the lines a bit but it sounded like they were trying to get him to wrestle Yonger instead last second (they said "they were robbed of the match at the NCAA finals" so I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting Feldman vs Yonger as the NCAA finals last year) and that might be a case where Greg doesn't want him to get a feel for him.

Yonger had a bad NCAAs but he was an absolute menace before his injury. Don't forget these matches won't count for seeding purposes per se but absolutely play a factor ultimately.

I'm sure this post won't attract any ducking jokes

Last edited:

45:00 in basically the video. Pyles immediately said "Greg's fine, he's not hurt"

I'm reading between the lines a bit but it sounded like they were trying to get him to wrestle Yonger instead last second (they said "they were robbed of the match at the NCAA finals" so I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting Feldman vs Yonger as the NCAA finals last year) and that might be a case where Greg doesn't want him to get a feel for him.

Yonger had a bad NCAAs but he was an absolute menace before his injury. Don't forget these matches won't count for seeding purposes per se but absolutely play a factor ultimately.

I'm sure this post won't attract any ducking jokes
That makes no sense that they were trying to get Kerk to wrestle Younger. You do not invite Feldman just to retract it and say we got someone better. I simply believe Kerk pulled out for one reason or another and they got Younger to replace him.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
That makes no sense that they were trying to get Kerk to wrestle Younger. You do not invite Feldman just to retract it and say we got someone better. I simply believe Kerk pulled out for one reason or another and they got Younger to replace him.
You’re likely right but I thought it was interesting they mentioned wanting to see the match people expected in the finals last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT