ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame Thoughts

They don't have to be. They have to be good enough to beat USC, there.
With this OLine and running back tandem, we have a least part of the formula to beat USC, but we need to score points every time we get close. Missed field goals will not cut it.

I also worry about our pass defense, we need to get heat early and often.

A win is a win, regardless of how ugly and/or boring.

Need a kicker. Significantly impacted the outcome. The spread was probably correct if we have a kicker with a pulse.

Drew was a tad off. Not sure if the zone and bend but don’t break strategy threw him off but he wasn’t great. Also oddly felt like AK and JF lost trust in him on third and fourth day. He needs to handle the happy feet a good bit better.

OL and RBs are the bread and butter of this squad. This is exactly what we all envisioned when Allen/Singleton stepped on campus. Let’s focus on this strength and build the offense around it.

Tyler Warren is the best TE in the country.

I’ve been skeptical of Tom Allen but man these seconds halves don’t lie. It’s almost like he has no strategy until he sees what the offense presents in the first quarter or two and then he adjusts. Love what he’s doing with Carter as the roaming hybrid spy - crazy closing speed. And he finally made the adjustment on the quick slant!

Zane Durant is that dude. Talk about dominant out there.

The DL offsides has to stop. Barnes needs to be spoken to. Comical at this point.

Finally, is this team good enough to beat OSU? Ehh, not right now that’s for sure.
One comment. Against OSU, USC, and even Indiana, defensive adjustments cannot be delayed until the 2nd half.

With this OLine and running back tandem, we have a least part of the formula to beat USC, but we need to score points every time we get close. Missed field goals will not cut it.

I also worry about our pass defense, we need to get heat early and often.
USC has tall receivers who can high point the ball and run crisp routes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT