ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else stoked to see Army and Navy both undefeated and ranked?

It sort of feels the way college football should feel to me. I hope they can remain undefeated until they play their rivalry game in December.
Get used to it. In ten years it’s going to be Big Ten vs SEC and everyone else will be like Army - Navy.

It sort of feels the way college football should feel to me. I hope they can remain undefeated until they play their rivalry game in December.
Air Force under Calhoun had some decent teams in a challenging conference for an academy but Army/Navy this year have a legit chance to contend for the AAC. I'd like to see Boise State stumble and one of them get into the playoff--preparing for their offense would be a nightmare for the 5 seed

Reactions: 19333lion
Army and Navy throwing around that NIL money. Only way you can compete nowadays, amirite?
You thought that was a joke? Every retired career officer, I know, family, friends and acquaintances has lived the high life and continues to do so. The Academies are the stepping stone.

You thought that was a joke? Every retired career officer, I know, family, friends and acquaintances has lived the high life and continues to do so. The Academies are the stepping stone.
Which speaks to the opportunity a great education can give a highly motivated student-athlete. That should be the case at places like Northwestern, where the original lawsuit took place to give student-athletes a piece of the pie.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
What do retired career officers have to do with NIL money for cadets playing football?

What do retired career officers have to do with NIL money for cadets playing football?
Well duh. Cadets are in training for a career as an officer. I think the opportunity and career that comes with being an officer is one hell of a lot better than the flirtation of what could be very short term that is the enticement of quick cash called NIL.

NIL + 0.04 % of a career in the NFL
vs officers career and retirement. NIL seems way the lesser of those two choices to me.

Well duh. Cadets are in training for a career as an officer. I think the opportunity and career that comes with being an officer is one hell of a lot better than the flirtation of what could be very short term that is the enticement of quick cash called NIL.

NIL + 0.04 % of a career in the NFL
vs officers career and retirement. NIL seems way the lesser of those two choices to me.

'Kay, and?

My joke was a playful jab at the commentary that the introduction of NIL will destroy the competitive landscape of college football, enabling only the well-heeled NIL producers to function properly. It had nothing to do with salaries of service academy graduates vis-a-vis other opportunities.

Last edited:
'Kay, and?

My joke was a playful jab at the commentary that the introduction of NIL will destroy the competitive landscape of college football, enabling only the well-heeled NIL producers to function properly. It had nothing to do with salaries of service academy graduates vis-a-vis other opportunities.
Your unfunny “joke” was an inadvertent admission of what we have been saying all along. The new college football landscape will be the SEC vs Big Ten professional model and the remaining schools who can’t compete will be left to fend for themselves as something like we saw in traditional college football with student athletes. It remains to be seen whether they will survive or go the way of University of Chicago.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Army and Navy throwing around that NIL money. Only way you can compete nowadays, amirite?
No NIL at the Academies. What the Academies have is roster stability in the age of NIL. Typically, they’ll have 40-50 of their high school grad recruits go to the prep school for a year, then they are at the academy for 4 years. Plus, no transfers are coming in.

Your unfunny “joke” was an inadvertent admission of what we have been saying all along. The new college football landscape will be the SEC vs Big Ten professional model and the remaining schools who can’t compete will be left to fend for themselves as something like we saw in traditional college football with student athletes. It remains to be seen whether they will survive or go the way of University of Chicago.
And what would it have been like without NIL? Kent St. v. New Mexico St. for the Natty, just like it was back in the 80s? Or 90s? Or 00s? Or 10s?

No NIL at the Academies. What the Academies have is roster stability in the age of NIL. Typically, they’ll have 40-50 of their high school grad recruits go to the prep school for a year, then they are at the academy for 4 years. Plus, no transfers are coming in.
The players for the Academies are committed to their country above football. I personally think our youth should have a required service to their nation. JMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT