ADVERTISEMENT

Are buckeye players being forced to the portal?

Day is cleaning house… he will be on the hot seat all year. LJ jr leaving and many hitting the portal. No different than what they do in the SEC every year. It’s called culling the herd.
This is a little bit different. Day is starting to get desperate. We'll see how it works out for them.

The BIG conference members all offer guaranteed four year scholarships. Does that mean that the athlete has a guaranteed four years on the team or just four years at the school? Also, does anyone know if the SEC guarantees a four scholarship?

For many, the popularity of the sport is becoming more and more about the 'game day experience' or more accurately, the booze and food. Attendance at games continues to go down. As Brett McMurphy stated some time ago, the next major change will come when the players are no longer required to be students. College football will then no longer exist. It will 'officially' become the minor leagues.
And now this week the commissioners are in Washington asking congress to intervene to save the sport at the college level. Saban and others in the SEC are terrified of the Texas oil money.
Too late. The Supreme Court 'let the cat ($$$$$$$) out of the bag'.
Attendance isn't dropping because of players being paid. It's because younger people have too many viewing options. It's older generations that pack the stadium. As we die off stadiums will get smaller. The truth is TV money matters way more than attendance for the program.

Reactions: Ski
Check out the Ohio State board when you get a chance. You will be hard pressed to find a single Buckeye fan in tears over McCord moving to the portal.

In terms of Fleming, have you looked at his stats over his entire career at Ohio State? They are underwhelming, especially considering Fleming was a former 5 star recruit. In addition, Fleming was a 3rd option at Ohio State his entire career. The Buckeyes have their choice of 5 star WRs waiting to get an offer from them. Fleming was never going to be the guy. He is what he is.
I would like to see the offer list for McCord right now. If you have access to it, please post the # of schools who offer him. I bet Bama would be interested in him if not for offending Milnor, since they have a 5 star QB coming in this class from CA that's not ready yet.

Milnor better than McCord, don't think so. Bama also has a couple of really talented young WR's who would thrive with a QB who could sling the ball, along with an OL that is now pass blocking like the Berlin Wall. Bama probably wouldn't have lost to Texas had Milnor played better. He has since improved big time.

McCord is the fall guy for Day’s failures a HC against UM. Pretty shitty for a grown man to devalue a young adult to secure his own ass. The ego knows no limits.
To put it kindly, Day does not come off to me as a true "sportsman". His challenge to Lou Holtz confirmed that to me.

Reactions: hoflane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT