ADVERTISEMENT

Are the Phillies fading?

Parkerdam555

Jul 2, 2022
With another loss to the lowly cubs its now just a half game wild card lead over the Brewers...man I hope they don't fold up down the stretch

Only hope is if Astros have clinched top seed and send out their scrubs
Emphasizing an appreciation for the “integrity of the game,” Astros manager Dusty Baker said Wednesday he plans to play all of his regular starters during the team's final six regular-season games against the Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies, even if they carry no meaning for Houston's postseason positioning.

Reactions: JerseyRon
With another loss to the lowly cubs its now just a half game wild card lead over the Brewers...man I hope they don't fold up down the stretch
Phillies seem to be pressing.

They had 11 hits in a 4-2 loss where the Cubs had 6 hits. Phillies went 2-16 with runners in scoring position and left on 11 while the Cubs left on 4.

Not getting the HR production they've had most of the season and not getting clutch hits.

Reactions: jjw165
Emphasizing an appreciation for the “integrity of the game,” Astros manager Dusty Baker said Wednesday he plans to play all of his regular starters during the team's final six regular-season games against the Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies, even if they carry no meaning for Houston's postseason positioning.
Well Dusty is known for running his team, especially pitchers, into the ground, so that’s on script.

They are a fundamentally flawed team - weak pitching, no lead off hitter and poor fielding - unreal you can spend the kind of money they did and get product on the field.

Your thread title need to change. It's obvious they are fading. The qeution is, will they collapse before the season is out?

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Fortunately the Brewers blew a 2 run lead and lost tonight.

Still up by 1/2 a game. Need the bats to wake the eff up against the Nats. Hopefully Bryce goes on his typical tear when he plays them

Reactions: Parkerdam555
Fortunately the Brewers blew a 2 run lead and lost tonight.

Still up by 1/2 a game. Need the bats to wake the eff up against the Nats. Hopefully Bryce goes on his typical tear when he plays themnt
Yeah, Bryce is key. He actually had a better series vs the Cubs than any other Phillies batter including 3 hits today. Class rising while others are struggling with the pressure.

Take 2 tomorrow from the Nats.

Yeah, Bryce is key. He actually had a better series vs the Cubs than any other Phillies batter including 3 hits today. Class rising while others are struggling with the pressure.

Take 2 tomorrow from the Nats.
Must sweep tomorrow and another Brewer loss would help. The ace in the hole is we own the tiebreaker against Milwaukee so in essence a tie is a 1 game lead.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
"Fading" Has been the Phillies default level of play since I was a kid, and I remember when they just got Steve Carlton.

Huge help from the Marlins. Magic # is 1 due to tie rules.
Yeah. I’m as big a Phil’s fan as there is. But this September has been a huge disappointment. They will get in, but man they are leaking oil.

Harper came back too soon & for some reason they seem to play better without him.

They got well against the Nationals by taking three of four and their magic number to make the playoffs is ONE! A Phillies win or Brewers loss and it's the Phils in the playoff. I like their chances.

Brewers went into the bottom of the ninth down 1-4 and tied the game on a Diamondback's error. Now in the tenth inning.
Philiies up 3-0 after 8.

So is it weird that I want the Phillies to probably lose the remaining games so they stay the second Wild Card and get the Cards instead of the Mets (or less likely Braves)?

Edit: also fine with the Padres and Phillies both winning so the Padres stay ahead.

2 game sweep in St Louis. 2 massive pitching performances by Wheeler and Nola - back to back shutouts through 6 only done 5 times in playoff history before - by some nasty duos.

I started to get nauseous when the Cards got back to back 2 strike hits in the 9th.

Reactions: jjw165 and royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT