ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

The reason why social media sucks is it gives guys like this (bird, not j-town) a platform to publish ignorance and stupidity. And it gives stupid people (everywhere, not just bird) a place to meet each other and amplify their stupidity and agree with each other. Then morons form a pack and defend the lies and misinformation to the death, even when faced with facts. Even when a pack member goes way off the rails, as bird did above, the pack won't call him out on it because of pack mentality.

Please do not take this as political. These moron-packs cross all ideologies, fan-bases, and sections of society.

It's my opinion that these moron-packs, which used to be isolated individuals alt- newgroup forums, and small newsletter groups, have now been given improper illegitimacy and also attention by media outlets to make them seem large and important. Once it hits the media, people believe these packs are large and influential, not small, vocal minorities.

Facebook is America's cancer. Tweeter is just as bad.

I know, I know. TL/DR and "get off my lawn".
Quality post right there folks. I agree with much of what you are saying. I’m slowly pulling away from it all, Facebook, Twitter and the like. Will be posting a lot less on HR and then eventually here as well once my first grand baby is born this summer. Can’t see me ever not coming here but do hope to read more and reply less. Oh it will be glorious times for ya’ll…. Lol

The reason why social media sucks is it gives guys like this (bird, not j-town) a platform to publish ignorance and stupidity. And it gives stupid people (everywhere, not just bird) a place to meet each other and amplify their stupidity and agree with each other. Then morons form a pack and defend the lies and misinformation to the death, even when faced with facts.

Please do not take this as political. These moron-packs cross all ideologies, fan-bases, and sections of society.

It's my opinion that these moron-packs, which used to be isolated individuals alt- newgroup forums, and small newsletter groups, have now been given improper illegitimacy and also attention by media outlets to make them seem large and important. Once it hits the media, people believe these packs are large and influential, not small, vocal minorities.

Facebook is America's cancer. Tweeter is just as bad.

I know, I know. TL/DR and "get off my lawn".
"Even when a pack member goes way off the rails, as bird did above, the pack won't call him out on it because of pack mentality."

I think he and alot of others on HR has pack/herd mental immunity to facts and any type of reasoning.

Reactions: Fatmarc and danoftw
Quality post right there folks. I agree with much of what you are saying. I’m slowly pulling away from it all, Facebook, Twitter and the like. Will be posting a lot less on HR and then eventually here as well once my first grand baby is born this summer. Can’t see me ever not coming here but do hope to read more and reply less. Oh it will be glorious times for ya’ll…. Lol
Congrats on grandbaby!

Who are you kidding? The grandkid will come out of the womb with an HR acct.

Anyway, congrats in advance.

At least you won't be its uncle...jk

Loved this gem from coach Phil…

“Scholarship money wasn't a consideration for us when our son made his decision. He lives and goes to boarding school there in PA. Has for three years. PSU wanted him. As did a couple other programs. Honestly, I would have supported him 100% had he chose PSU. It would have been the easy decision to make. However for him, Iowa was the RIGHT decision to make.”

So basically what we have here is a parent of one of THEIR recruits confirming what we have been telling Hawk fans for the past decade. That’s is, for many many kids, scholarship money takes a backseat to where a kid really wants to go college. See… they will take less!

I don't have a lot of money. My kid was recruited by many schools, but those schools didn't offer her major, location wasn't a fit, or team wasn't a fit. All those offered a full ride.

One of her top 5 did offer. The school fit all of her criteria. She verballed soon after the offer.

That being said, I would have been happy to go into debt if PSU offered.

Oh well, she will have to settle playing for the current National Champions.😊

“Scholarship money wasn't a consideration for us when our son made his decision. He lives and goes to boarding school there in PA. Has for three years. PSU wanted him. As did a couple other programs. Honestly, I would have supported him 100% had he chose PSU. It would have been the easy decision to make. However for him, Iowa was the RIGHT decision to make.”

So basically what we have here is a parent of one of THEIR recruits confirming what we have been telling Hawk fans for the past decade. That’s is, for many many kids, scholarship money takes a backseat to where a kid really wants to go college. See… they will take less!
Also the parent of one of their recruits said PSU is an easy choice.

Ssssshhhhh not in the binder.

I don't have a lot of money. My kid was recruited by many schools, but those schools didn't offer her major, location wasn't a fit, or team wasn't a fit. All those offered a full ride.

One of her top 5 did offer. The school fit all of her criteria. She verballed soon after the offer.

That being said, I would have been happy to go into debt if PSU offered.

Oh well, she will have to settle playing for the current National Champions.😊
She’s out here, right? Look me up next time you come out - I’m 7 miles north. Dinner/drinks on me.

• Love
Reactions: hlstone
Only Sheep should have such fear.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Once again, @MVPFAN
=
douche-douchebag.gif
I love that commercial for "Angry Birds" Made me want to see it :)

Maybe Morley should reiterate this on HR....

He's back with a vengence, The NIL support group has got him among others screaming at the sky.
"F*** st was clearly handing out $$$ which was proven many times and can clearly be seen in post above! For the troll above who says I do not like the greatFale sanderson. You would be correct, I do not like cheaters, and I hate cheaters in sports!!!" and "It is the $$$$ and the ability to use the money in anyway you wish with no restrictions from the school/NCAA. The 9.9 has not mattered to F*** st for many years now. If you do not see and understand this? Well I have several bridges over here to sell you. They bring in whomever they want while no other team has caught up yet." What an envious Knucklehead.

He's back with a vengence, The NIL support group has got him among others screaming at the sky.
"F*** st was clearly handing out $$$ which was proven many times and can clearly be seen in post above! For the troll above who says I do not like the greatFale sanderson. You would be correct, I do not like cheaters, and I hate cheaters in sports!!!" and "It is the $$$$ and the ability to use the money in anyway you wish with no restrictions from the school/NCAA. The 9.9 has not mattered to F*** st for many years now. If you do not see and understand this? Well I have several bridges over here to sell you. They bring in whomever they want while no other team has caught up yet." What an envious Knucklehead.

I think Ironbird is the ethnic slur and bottle thrower guy at Carver

"proven many times over"

It was always going to end up back here. The self reflection could only last so long.

I wonder how many keyboards he breaks a week typing out that gibberish.

Posts like these are why I have zero respect for that board or the folks that run it. They allow this nonsense to remain. This shit wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on this board.

Last edited:
Penn State wrestling has a great thing going. Has for a long time but nothing like the past 13 seasons. Why does what any opposing fan say bother so many? Feel free to voice your displeasure, it does nothing to drive the hate away. And it will surely continue unabated by the minority with mediocre minds that are behind the hate. Let 'em talk, it's cheap and in the end, meaningless.

Still grateful for all we have re. PSU wrestling.

Reactions: hlstone and GantryZ
Posts like these are why I have zero respect for that board or the folks that run it. They allow this nonsense to remain. This shit wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on this board.
I felt the same way until Mike came over. I really like the guy. I don’t want to speculate but I think he doesn’t even care anymore what those idiots do. The reputation of that place is already there and nothing he does will change it.

I just speculated didn’t I?

I felt the same way until Mike came over. I really like the guy. I don’t want to speculate but I think he doesn’t even care anymore what those idiots do. The reputation of that place is already there and nothing he does will change it.

I just speculated didn’t I?
One can fix a free board rather quickly.

I think that's part of the problem. A lot of the good posters retreated to the Inner Circle which leaves a much higher knucklehead to good poster ratio on HR. On top of that, the incessent bleating of the knuckleheads often drowns out everything else.
Are you saying JTS has gone inner circle and that is why no public posts appear? Asking for a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT