ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve met lookleft in person. He is a good guy. Not necessarily an “all Iowa all the time” guy as his kids have wrestled D1 elsewhere. He’s from the Iowa is the best era though.
Well then, I'm sure he is. Since he's a good guy and seems to know my history with Turk, I'm sure he told Turk last week when he was crying about being banned from our site that he deserved it for being "incredibly disrespectful and arrogant." When I get time I'll look for it...

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
I’ve met lookleft in person. He is a good guy. Not necessarily an “all Iowa all the time” guy as his kids have wrestled D1 elsewhere. He’s from the Iowa is the best era though.
Thanks KC. I appreciate the kind words. I am not sure what you mean by the Iowa is the best era though. I love the way JS brought the low single and the way the PSU guys scramble and get after it. We need to get back to calling stalling more though.
I was in Missouri and went to the state fair with my son, his girlfriend and my granddaughter. Wouldn't it have been a hoot if we ran into each other again?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Off topic, anyone know where I can apply to be a mod here? :)
giphy.gif

I'm taking notes and want to be clear, YOUR board say things I disagree with, ya know....like PSU cheating and our wrestlers being on steroids... I argue and debate with them over it. Now, you have a problem with that so you then decide to come to MY board and argue and debate me over it. Do I have this right?

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF
its - The Iowa board is not MY board. PSU cheating and being on steroids is over the top and I usually j just gloss over those comments. IT is not worth responding to some things or some people.

I am as neutral of a wrestling fan as one can be. I do not have a dog in the fight, but I have noticed that you tend to stir things up on the GIA site and some of it seems like a good reason to be banned. I guess the GIA site brings out the worst in you.

You are not like that all the time For example - you have been an exemplary poster on the OSU site. The cowboys have even welcomed you with open arms. You see - you can be lovable :)

Maybe that is why I responded to you the way I did. Maybe I believed that you were the type of person that looks to improve and be a positive influence to those around him. Believe it or not, I was just trying to help.

its - The Iowa board is not MY board. PSU cheating and being on steroids is over the top and I usually j just gloss over those comments. IT is not worth responding to some things or some people.

I am as neutral of a wrestling fan as one can be. I do not have a dog in the fight, but I have noticed that you tend to stir things up on the GIA site and some of it seems like a good reason to be banned. I guess the GIA site brings out the worst in you.

You are not like that all the time For example - you have been an exemplary poster on the OSU site. The cowboys have even welcomed you with open arms. You see - you can be lovable :)

Maybe that is why I responded to you the way I did. Maybe I believed that you were the type of person that looks to improve and be a positive influence to those around him. Believe it or not, I was just trying to help.
Well thank you then. I'll just be honest though, I tried over there to behave and keep things to myself but that board and the people there are just different than all the rest. True, I raise hell there because of it. The Iowa fans i enjoy I talk with through text, calls and different media platforms. They actually get a kick out of my antics because the same people I get into with on HR are the same people that drove them away or caused them to rarely post there anymore. Trust me, the folks on HR know they are a cesspool... I actually think they've embraced it and wear the moniker like its a badge of honor. I might be a bit full of myself but I'd be willing to bet almost every person from every fanbase but Iowas enjoy the antics and banter from me and people like me. I know I'm entertained seeing those things on the boards I visit even those I never participate in.

Well thank you then. I'll just be honest though, I tried over there to behave and keep things to myself but that board and the people there are just different than all the rest. True, I raise hell there because of it. The Iowa fans i enjoy I talk with through text, calls and different media platforms. They actually get a kick out of my antics because the same people I get into with on HR are the same people that drove them away or caused them to rarely post there anymore. Trust me, the folks on HR know they are a cesspool... I actually think they've embraced it and wear the moniker like its a badge of honor. I might be a bit full of myself but I'd be willing to bet almost every person from every fanbase but Iowas enjoy the antics and banter from me and people like me. I know I'm entertained seeing those things on the boards I visit even those I never participate in.
I like you buddy!

I’m still trying to figure out why I was banned on the Iowa boards for the last year and a half. I may have busted some chops on occasion, but nothing that should have necessitated a lifetime ban. Oh well, their loss.

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
I'm taking notes and want to be clear, YOUR board say things I disagree with, ya know....like PSU cheating and our wrestlers being on steroids... I argue and debate with them over it. Now, you have a problem with that so you then decide to come to MY board and argue and debate me over it. Do I have this right?

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF
There you go trying to reason with an iowa fan and use logic lol. They aren't smart enough to use logic they are full of emotion like the twin turds that coach their team.

I’m still trying to figure out why I was banned on the Iowa boards for the last year and a half. I may have busted some chops on occasion, but nothing that should have necessitated a lifetime ban. Oh well, their loss.

I got a lifetime ban over there and I can’t even recall why. Definitely don’t think it was anything egregious, just a very sensitive mod I guess.

I never understood that as well. Maybe they keep the ones that draws more traffic and clicks to their site. I mean let's face it, that place is dead compared to years past...
I have too much time on my hands today so I decided to count the number of replies for the first 40 threads (the first page of Normal Threads) on Iowa's site compared to here. For the long-running threads that extended back past Jan. 1, 2024, I only counted the replies in 2024. Penn State has 11 of those threads on the first page of threads. Iowa had none on the first page and only three total, which were way back to threads over 100 threads old, so I didn't count them. The final tally was over 10,800 replies here compared to a little under 1,500 for Iowa's site. I am fairly surprised at those numbers. I assumed Iowa's numbers were going to be lower, but not by that much. Also, for transparency, my numbers aren't exact. I did a lot of it in my head and put it to paper, but I generally stand by my numbers, even as a retiree : )

Personally I was a fan of no mods. No one was hurt or maimed.

Sure threads derailed, but I like arguments in general, so I was never bothered.

I didn’t see why you got banned @johnstownsteel - seemed like good natured fan arguing.
I agree with this and most on forums would agree if they thought about it. I don't like name calling at all and I routinely put anyone with a Sandusky reference on ignore immediately with few exceptions (Slumlord so I can screen shot him is one example). I suspect that the Turks ban hammer is already showing up in reduced posting numbers.

Well thank you then. I'll just be honest though, I tried over there to behave and keep things to myself but that board and the people there are just different than all the rest. True dat!!

True, I raise hell there because of it. The Iowa fans i enjoy I talk with through text, calls and different media platforms. They actually get a kick out of my antics because the same people I get into with on HR are the same people that drove them away or caused them to rarely post there anymore. Trust me, the folks on HR know they are a cesspool... I actually think they've embraced it and wear the moniker like its a badge of honor. I might be a bit full of myself but I'd be willing to bet almost every person from every fanbase but Iowas enjoy the antics and banter from me and people like me. That may be true. Your posts on other sites are usually respectful, insightful and fun. Some people just don't have cess pool etiquette. It is kind of like not being able to swim - you should just stay out of the pool or in this case cess pool.I know I'm entertained seeing those things on the boards I visit even those I never participate in.

The Iowa forum is being run by the inmates.. If someone whines and cries the mods ban that dude just to shut them up.
They hated Mike Z and maybe he should have banned more people but I thought he was fair and level headed. I think he just got tired of the shit and became an absent father.
Mike Z went out for bait and never came back.

Yeah....some schools biggest problem is a booster telling coach which wrestlers they are paying and expected to be on the mat..
It makes for a good joke, but I hope most know Sideshow Bob is just giving Tom the best guys he can convince to come, and letting the coaches sort it out. Whether the bucks messed with the team dynamics, well …

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Iowa already wasn't doing a good job with some of their team chemistry, this kind of stuff certainly won't make it better.
Hey Pa, where do you want me to set these gas cans, over there by the firepit boy they should be good there.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
The Penn State “fan” saying Teemer and Buchanan have a better chance at a title than Carter = politician level pandering
No need to hide the jab on a Gable thread. Hell, I don’t mind being ID’d. I ain’t here or there for “likes.” Yes, I do think Keck presents a much tougher roadblock than anything the two mercs will see at their weights. That’s reasoned logic, not pandering.
Putting fan in quotes is odd, though. Is using Cael’s juggernaut success to belittle other teams or disrespect wrestlers by guaranteeing Lion wins the only way to be a fan? I’d say no.
Yards to cut before firing a grill. Enjoy the holiday with as much family as you can stand. ;)

No need to hide the jab on a Gable thread. Hell, I don’t mind being ID’d. I ain’t here or there for “likes.” Yes, I do think Keck presents a much tougher roadblock than anything the two mercs will see at their weights. That’s reasoned logic, not pandering.
Putting fan in quotes is odd, though. Is using Cael’s juggernaut success to belittle other teams or disrespect wrestlers by guaranteeing Lion wins the only way to be a fan? I’d say no.
Yards to cut before firing a grill. Enjoy the holiday with as much family as you can stand. ;)
No hiding - my post made sense giving the flow of this thread - and the reference to the Iowa thread your post replied to.

Carter will beat Keckheisen. I have no doubt - probably similar to how Brooks beat him. 2 or 3 takedown to 1 or0, riding time.

The difference is that Teemer and Buchanan are ranked #1 by sheer attrition, not continued, unrivaled excellence. Rocky Elam and Shapiro/Kasak are more severe challenges to the Iowa/Blackwater contractors than Keckheisen is to Carter

Reactions: HikeNatParks
No hiding - my post made sense giving the flow of this thread - and the reference to the Iowa thread your post replied to.

Carter will beat Keckheisen. I have no doubt - probably similar to how Brooks beat him. 2 or 3 takedown to 1 or0, riding time.

The difference is that Teemer and Buchanan are ranked #1 by sheer attrition, not continued, unrivaled excellence. Rocky Elam and Shapiro/Kasak are more severe challenges to the Iowa/Blackwater contractors than Keckheisen is to Carter
I like Carter, too, and hope you're right. "Blackwater contractors" too funny!

• Haha
Reactions: Chickenman Testa

If Barr is indeed PSU's 197 pounder then by March Barr is a much greater threat to Buchanan than Keck is to Carter.

It makes for a good joke, but I hope most know Sideshow Bob is just giving Tom the best guys he can convince to come, and letting the coaches sort it out. Whether the bucks messed with the team dynamics, well …
If what Pat M has said is true (and I’ve heard others talk about it with fewer specifics), then it has crossed a big line beyond “just giving Tom the best guys he can convince to come”.

Hopefully what Pat M tweeted, and even what some others have said, isn’t true.

If what Pat M has said is true (and I’ve heard others talk about it with fewer specifics), then it has crossed a big line beyond “just giving Tom the best guys he can convince to come”.

Hopefully what Pat M tweeted, and even what some others have said, isn’t true.
I tend to think the person behind the Nicolls' board personality would have no problem at crossing lines. Painted or implied. I know the one about Lilledahl is not an exaggeration. Teemer and Buchanan were other school's student-athletes when Nicolls was reaching out with offers. Also, Nicolls isn't going to just make calls to guys that Brands doesn't think fits. Brands definitely told the slumlord, these are the guys I would like for you to call.

I think very little of Bob Slumlord. Right now my opinion of Brands is even lower. The boy at the top sets the tone. As far as I can see, Tom Brands is simply admitting to "I can't recruit them, nor can I coach them up. If we are going to win we need to purchase some seriously trained and developed talent from other rooms."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT