ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships Session 1 Thread

Anyone with the gold/silver-standard knowledge stuff...does T. Campbell still make NCAA’s if he goes 0-2 or 1-2 this weekend?
Don't know about the standard stuff, but I believe there are 10 allocations at 165, so even if he goes 0-2 he will be in a mini tournament for 9th and 10th place.

Reactions: orange nole
Massa looking sharp this morning.

BTW, can someone remind me how many coach's challenges a team gets in the tournament (and is it the same for NCAAs)?

What a great start. Boy does Pletcher play with fire. Its like he's personally coached by Dean Heil. Oh and this just in Jason Nolf is not from this planet. SMH

Reactions: diggerpup
Anyone with the gold/silver-standard knowledge stuff...does T. Campbell still make NCAA’s if he goes 0-2 or 1-2 this weekend?
Was just wondering the same thing. B1G gets 10 spots for 165 so at the very least he needs to win his next to finish inside that 10. I'd think he'd have a rough time getting an at-large if he can't manage that.

Reactions: orange nole
My guess is that Rasheed will be on Mat 4. Seems that the #2 seeds have been on that mat.

Was just wondering the same thing. B1G gets 10 spots for 165 so at the very least he needs to win his next to finish inside that 10. I'd think he'd have a rough time getting an at-large if he can't manage that.

According to JB, Carson can go 0-2 and still be entered in the 9-10 mini tournament for placement there, so I assume same for Campbell.

I couldn't subscribe to BTN plus this morning despite trying several cards. Live Chat was useless, and kept insisting the error was on my side. Finally gave up and subscribed no problems to Flo for $150...gulp.

Me TOOOOOOOO

I'm only following here (thanks all for the posts), but can anyone who saw Nolf comment on how he looked? His usual self? Or did he seem to be tentative at all? Thanks.

IMO - he wasn’t as ferocious as he was earlier in the year, but it was still Jason Nolf.

He hit his jiu jitsu leg lock the dude’s head (lol - what do you call that ?) for danger backs, but the MSU kid rolled out.

Got a little sloppy and was reversed but escaped quickly.

Hit a gorgeous and sudden blast Double for a takedown.

I can’t remember the pinning combination but Nolf has no trouble cinching up the fall.

I’m gonna guess he was 90% ??

I could be talking out of my ass though - just my opinion.

The blast Double looked great. Fast. Quick. Powerful.

Last edited:
Do we have an over/under on how quickly Shak locks up the cradle and gets the fall?

1 minute?

I'm going under.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT