ADVERTISEMENT

B1G: The Big Ten Conference has a new slogan. Thoughts?

I hate this conference...
0508-worst-char.jpg

I expected it to be:

WE HATE...PENN STATE

Of course, they don't have to say it for it to be true.

Serious question, is this some sort of underhanded appeasement?

It will be interesting to see. It's not as if Penn State is the only team that uses that mantra. Remember the movie "We Are Marshall"? My guess is that they may be co-opting some of the cheers B1G schools use to use for the conference as a whole.

Meh - I'm not so upset by this. First, because screw the B1G. Second, because no one has any creativity, anymore. Why pay someone to be creative when it probably isn't even going to work, when you can simply steal someone else's idea?

It will be interesting to see. It's not as if Penn State is the only team that uses that mantra. Remember the movie "We Are Marshall"? My guess is that they may be co-opting some of the cheers B1G schools use to use for the conference as a whole.

Too funny, co-opting cheers that "some" of the "schools" used to use. There is only one school nationally, or in this putrid conference, that has a signature cheer where the fans orchestrate a "WE ARE....." question and it is answered by the other half of the stadium. "Some" means plural when it is coupled with a plural subject such as "schools". There are not "some schools" in this malignant conference which have a nationally recognized cheer starting out "WE ARE", there is only one, The Pennsylvania State University. The bullshat you're trying to peddle not withstanding.

I have no issue with this other than they should start showing some real Penn State "classics" in the off season!

WE ARE!

Too funny, co-opting cheers that "some" of the "schools" used to use. There is only one school nationally, or in this putrid conference, that has a signature cheer where the fans orchestrate a "WE ARE....." question and it is answered by the other half of the stadium. "Some" means plural when it is coupled with a plural subject such as "schools". There are not "some schools" in this malignant conference which have a nationally recognized cheer starting out "WE ARE", there is only one, The Pennsylvania State University. The bullshat you're trying to peddle not withstanding.

I think Marshall used it first. But what I meant was perhaps they will be using other cheers from other school as well.

Like "The B1G: Champions and Best"--as an example (if I'm quoting the Me-Chicken slogan right).

The Big 10(14) Conference: "The Home Of Incompetent Officiating!"

Since btn is already copying Penn State, why not copy espn and go with "Incompetent Officiating Lives Here"?

EDIT: I just saw Victor's post and was thus reminded that the above could also be construed as copying Penn State.

I think Marshall used it first. But what I meant was perhaps they will be using other cheers from other school as well.

Like "The B1G: Champions and Best"--as an example (if I'm quoting the Me-Chicken slogan right).

Bull$hit, yes that was the name of the book/movie about the Marshall football team that largely died in a plane crash (I think they played on with walk-ons & interim coaches). HOWEVER & IMPORTANTLY, there is zero evidence that Marshall ever had a cheer at their home football games where half the stadium in unison screamed "WE ARE!!!!" & the other half of the stadium responded "Marshall" which was repeated several times such that it reverberated throughout the stadium until the "WE ARE!!!" side would end it by screaming "THANK YOU" and the other side responded "YOU'RE WELCOME". This cheer was innovated and used by one school nationally, and one school only (and is widely recognized by the cheer as even big-homer Herbie has stated has to be probably the most awesome spectacle he's ever seen fan's execute) - and that school, fan-base & cheer are associated with The Pennsylvania State University.

Last edited:
USC never bothered PSU or Marshall ....why should PSU bitch about the B1G (regardless of corrupt, ignorant callous and bloated it is) borrowing an obviously not owned 'two word' phrase.....

In fact use it..... Put the "WE ARE" in navy Blue in Giant letters above a PSU or Lion logo below that and a NOT sign below that and the Big F'ing 10 hideous corporate logo below it (small) as it should be and put it on every thing you can and enjoy it!

Better yet just a "WE ARE" over a "THEY ARE" over a NOT sign. Simple yet direct and the a$$es in the B1Goofy Phucks can not say dick about it.

USC never bothered PSU or Marshall ....why should PSU bitch about the B1G (regardless of how corrupt, ignorant callous and bloated the B1G is) borrowing an obviously not owned 'two word' phrase... what's to say?

In fact use it..... Put the "WE ARE" in navy Blue in Giant letters above a PSU or Lion logo below that and a NOT sign below that and the Big F'ing 10 hideous corporate logo below it (small) as it should be and put it on every thing you can and enjoy it!

Better yet just a "WE ARE" over a "THEY ARE" over a NOT sign. Simple yet direct and the a$$es in the B1Goofy Phucks can not say dick about it.

Maybe the Dallas Cowboys should go after the B!G .... a star? Are they now the Big Sky Conference. Hideously complex and a graphic nightmare.... with no branding value. Now there is a critique of value of that stupid logo. Whose relative designed it anyway?

Last edited:
Better than B12's...

Hey, remember last year when the Big 12's slogan was "One True Champion," except they actually had a shared championship

This years:

"In the Big 12, we determine our champion on the field."

Doesn't Penn State have the "We Are" as a trademark? Why did they make a statue that simply says We Are if it wasn't trademark protected?

I think the legend of how We are... came to be is one of the greatest in all of college football. When the story is that good it doesn't matter how completely accurate it is. The guys who were there say that's how it started then that's how it started. I'd love to see Franklin start using that story more nationally.

They're using our colors. They're using our slogan. After thinking it over a bit, I suppose better us than OSU/UM. Right?

Reactions: Zenophile
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT