ADVERTISEMENT

B1G: The Big Ten Conference has a new slogan. Thoughts?

Fwiw...Rutgers has had billboards up saying "We R BIG" for a couple years now...I'm sure you'll claim they stole that from you

Too funny, co-opting cheers that "some" of the "schools" used to use. There is only one school nationally, or in this putrid conference, that has a signature cheer where the fans orchestrate a "WE ARE....." question and it is answered by the other half of the stadium. "Some" means plural when it is coupled with a plural subject such as "schools". There are not "some schools" in this malignant conference which have a nationally recognized cheer starting out "WE ARE", there is only one, The Pennsylvania State University. The bullshat you're trying to peddle not withstanding.

I agree that we may not have originated the cheer, but we own it. I'm pissed that our conference would even think of stealing it.

Doesn't Penn State have the "We Are" as a trademark? Why did they make a statue that simply says We Are if it wasn't trademark protected?
You can't trademark we are. Do you think you could trademark lets go or hail to? They are two commonly used words. They could try and trademark we are penn state. You don't need to own a trade mark to make a statue.

Last edited:
I think the legend of how We are... came to be is one of the greatest in all of college football. When the story is that good it doesn't matter how completely accurate it is. The guys who were there say that's how it started then that's how it started. I'd love to see Franklin start using that story more nationally.
Lou Prato did a story once disapprove that urban legend. His research traced it back to copying off USC.

I hate this conference...
0508-worst-char.jpg
(if so true) then it would be an absolute pleasure

&

you are always welcome to join our conference!

(Once

your admin. wakes up

&

smells the coffee.)
CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT