ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley Signs with Mr. Carter....

Oh - and click the right arrow to see who Barkley's agent actually is at ROCNation....

surprising.

110302mag-john-travolta-kotter1.jpg

Seriously, a good choice. Extending beyond sports, 26 has the look and like-ability to be a major player on the endorsement side of sports. If he has a major impact on his team, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go "uncle drew". Why? Brands like Nike and Under-armor need to align with someone they can consistently trust. They don't want an Ezekiel Elliott situation.

Also, wonder if his model gf sees some benefits to this as well.

Model? She’s a Penn Stater with an Instagram account.
Perhaps I am wrong but thought I read that her major and/or aspirations were fashion and modeling. Perhaps I just associated that when seeing her photographs.

93f99bc8dcf312cee4cc34b33de657ce.gif

Worked out great for Ricky Williams when he signed with Master P.

Having Jay Z at the top simply means the firm needs to make more money.

LdN
I hear you but things have changed. Today, the NFL picks are slotted into what they can make or not make. The agent isn't going to make a huge amount of difference. The agent's real value will be in the marketing of the Barkley brand. The NEXT contract will be the one that is driven by the agent.

I doubt the professional agents at Jay Z's firm are going to load Barkley's contract with terrible incentives. Jay Z isn't worth $810mm because he's dumb.

That's exactly what they said about Master P.

Except he was worth $100mm or so at the time.

Factually, Jay Z knows nothing about being a sports agent. He could be the smartest person in the world and it won't change that fact.

LdN

That's exactly what they said about Master P.

Except he was worth $100mm or so at the time.

Factually, Jay Z knows nothing about being a sports agent. He could be the smartest person in the world and it won't change that fact.

LdN

HE. IS. NOT. PERSONALLY. REPRESENTING. BARKLEY.

Master P as of 2013 was worth around $310mm. Nowhere close to Jay Z.

This firm represents prominent NFL players. Miale has represented Hakeem Nicks, Geno Smith, and Antonio Brown.

That doesn't make it a good choice. Saquon is a very marketable guy. Hooking up with a more entrenched firm with deep ties to marketing firms and major companies would lead to more money more quickly.

Last edited:
HE. IS. NOT. PERSONALLY. REPRESENTING. BARKLEY.

Master P as of 2013 was worth around $310mm. Nowhere close to Jay Z.

That's true. The person who is ain't exactly the swiftest thing in the yard. Took AB about two months to figure that out.

Jay Z is the figurehead - he has real experienced agents doing the actual contracts.
Yes, but there are a lot of experienced agents out there. Jay-Z makes the endeavor prestigious, snd attracts big names, but if course isn't doing the nitty gritty.

I doubt the professional agents at Jay Z's firm are going to load Barkley's contract with terrible incentives. Jay Z isn't worth $810mm because he's dumb.

No, but IF the rumors about what he's doing with the tidal books are true, that would certainly make him dumb.

That's true. The person who is ain't exactly the swiftest thing in the yard. Took AB about two months to figure that out.

I probably wouldn’t have signed with Jay Z but this is the highest profile player they’ve signed out of college. Brown was a late round pick wasn’t he?

I probably wouldn’t have signed with Jay Z but this is the highest profile player they’ve signed out of college. Brown was a late round pick wasn’t he?

Not entirely. Leonard Fournette was the fourth overall pick and Todd Gurley tenth in their respective drafts.

AB was a sixth round pick. Pretty sure he was not represented by RocNation coming out. Rosenhuas negotiated his two large contracts. In between, AB left Rosenhaus for RocNation, but returned after about two months.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT