ADVERTISEMENT

Best fast food

I would go 5 Guys, Chipotle and Arby's as my favorites.

Of the traditional fast food restaurants I prefer Burger King Burgers. Flame broiled > fried. McDonald's fries are better. Arby's has some decent sandwiches.

5 Guys and Chipotle are only moderately fast but I do like 5 Guys Burgers and fries. I'm not a big fan of Taco Bell except for their breakfast burrito & crunchwrap. Those are pretty tasty.

Reactions: BBrown
Bingo…I’m with you on all three. I’m not a fan of Chick Fil-A and if I want chicken fast food, I go to Raising Canes.
We don't have Raising Canes around me and as crazy as it sounds if I want chicken I go to Royal Farms. IMO their chicken is better than any of the chicken war places.

Reactions: bison13 and cment
1. 5 Guys (double with 'shrooms, onions, and jalapenos is my top fast food item)- best fries, too
2. Moe's (burritos)
3. Burger Fi (the CEO burger)
4. Arby's (if they still had the Big Montana, I might bump them to the top)
5. Chik-Fil-A

Tried In-and-Out Burger in Austin... was not impressed/

For me, Chipotle and Chick Flla, although Chipotle isn't as good as it used to be. Five Guys is great, but I never go there.

For my daughter (where we actually eat), Little Caesars (by far the fastest and cheapest), Popeyes, Subway, and Chick Fila. Next tier: Taco Bell (the most expensive), then McDonald's, Long John Silvers, and Arby's. She no longer likes Burger King.

With the caveat that the topic is "fast food" and not high cuisine, I and many I know have always held Arby's roast beef (the traditional sliced roast beef sandwiches of any size), coupled with the "Arby's" sauce in relatively high regard in this category.
I don’t do very much/very often in fast food but Chik-fil-a and Arby’s beef-n-cheedar are good. I still think a thin-n-crispy Pizza Hut pizza is good.
Ever been to a Potbelly’s? A sub place of sorts. I think quite good

I don’t do very much/very often in fast food but Chik-fil-a and Arby’s beef-n-cheedar are good. I still think a thin-n-crispy Pizza Hut pizza is good.
Ever been to a Potbelly’s? A sub place of sorts. I think quite good
I like Pizza Hut, I can still get a Taco Pizza in my hometown.
Potbelly's is very good.

Reactions: Locolion
With the caveat that the topic is "fast food" and not high cuisine, I and many I know have always held Arby's roast beef (the traditional sliced roast beef sandwiches of any size), coupled with the "Arby's" sauce in relatively high regard in this category.
Arby’s roast beef? You mean the hefty brown paper bags soaked in generic beef bouillon?

Nothing, nothing worse on this planet.

Five Guys, Chipotle, and Chick Fil A. Honorable mention is Sonic for their selection and decent quality.

Best "fast food pizza" is Pizza Hut

Worst is taco bell by a mile, yuck.

1. Zaxby's
2. Chick-fil-a
3. Five Guys
4. Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers

I have been to Zaxby's once, and that was one too many times. 5 guys is damn good, but with the lines they have, it is not necessarily fast. Love my Bacon Western Cheesebrugers at Carls Jr.

We don't have Raising Canes around me and as crazy as it sounds if I want chicken I go to Royal Farms. IMO their chicken is better than any of the chicken war places.

Never tried it, but it better be absolutely fantastic because someone is spending $1.6 million in renovations for the forthcoming State College location.

• Wow
I think Raising Canes is fine, but I don’t get the love affair for it. I don’t think I’d put it ahead of any of the other chicken brands.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
None by me in PA, but I'm a snowbird and we have Culver's, a Wisconsin based burger and ice cream chain, near me in Florida. During lent they offer a walleye sandwich that is particularly good.

Reactions: odshowtime and TCD
Skyline Chili is my favorite. People either love it or hate it, but I’m the former. Just don’t go in expecting that you’re actually getting chili, it’s not really that.
I am in the second category.

I think Raising Canes is fine, but I don’t get the love affair for it. I don’t think I’d put it ahead of any of the other chicken brands.
Not bad but I would put it on par with Chick Fil-a. Definitely a major step back from Zaxby's.

I haven't eaten a smidgeon of fast food nor have I had a soda (pop for you western PA people) for at least 15 years. Don't miss it one bit. Thus, I have no worst or best choices in these dueling threads. Last time I had fast food was McDonald's fried, on a whim. My mouth was coated with oil for hours. No thanks. Not knocking it; just not for me anymore.

I don’t get the love for Chipotle- they are always closing for E. coli reasons - ate their twice and will never go again - just seems very unsanitary and the meat was like eating leather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT