ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational 11/19 on Flo

pish69

Jan 11, 2016
NJ--The Shore
Looking forward to seeing the boys compete again Sunday.

Guessing we see everyone but the guys going to All Star Event.

Wrestlestat shows 10 teams entered.

Also some potential opponents at each weight depending on who teams send.

Messenbrink has a shot to get a nice ranked win with Caleb Fish. Bernie could get Soldano, wonder if Nagao or McHenry will participate?

Reactions: mcpat
125 LB bracket has a few good matches (Poulin, Berginc, Lujan) for which ever contingent of Howard/Davis/Steen/McHenry/Wentzel/Vespa we send on the bus. I'm excited to see Howard again, he will wrestle positions better with more confidence in his shoulder, its a long road back from injuries sometimes. Have high expectations for Steen against this field, two years in the room should be paying off. Hope to see Messenbrink score on the mat. Hope to see lots of our guys - Barr, Facundo, Ball, Bearclaw, Lee, Shunk, Evans, Dunbar, Gibson, Kasak - participate. Doubt that Nagao wrestles in this one and would be surprised to see him before New Years (no inside info, going by past wrestlers injuries).

Reactions: OzarkLion
125 LB bracket has a few good matches (Poulin, Berginc, Lujan) for which ever contingent of Howard/Davis/Steen/McHenry/Wentzel/Vespa we send on the bus. I'm excited to see Howard again, he will wrestle positions better with more confidence in his shoulder, its a long road back from injuries sometimes. Have high expectations for Steen against this field, two years in the room should be paying off. Hope to see Messenbrink score on the mat. Hope to see lots of our guys - Barr, Facundo, Ball, Bearclaw, Lee, Shunk, Evans, Dunbar, Gibson, Kasak - participate. Doubt that Nagao wrestles in this one and would be surprised to see him before New Years (no inside info, going by past wrestlers injuries).
I believe Cael just said he (Nagao) would wrestle at this event in his presser last week.

If you have high expectations for Steen, what are your expectations for Davis? ;)

Looking forward to seeing the boys compete again Sunday.

Guessing we see everyone but the guys going to All Star Event.
Bill Farrell is F/Sat. I'd expect anybody competing there to skip Army.

Last edited:
well if Davis beating them all then he should be the starter!

I believe Cael just said he (Nagao) would wrestle at this event in his presser last week.

If you have high expectations for Steen, what are your expectations for Davis? ;)
lol, even higher! Lets face it, we (PSU fans) have become spoiled, freshman all-Americans & Champs are freaks but seem normal to us. Joseph/Nolf/Taylor/Retherford/Nickel/Brooks/Cstar et al. ruined our patience for the "average" elite wrestler. Ask Facundo. I'm not giving up on a guy because he spent his first year or two cutting his teeth at D1. 125 is one of our few (only) spots where we are treated to this scenario.

Davis's performance Sunday was very eye opening. Over the summer I was looking at his credentials (4X Michigan State Champion) and was curious why he didn't seem to be in the discussion for our 125 this season; perhaps I missed those comments. He looked good Sunday and I'm looking forward to watching him again this weekend.

I'm guessing that Teemer will be pulled from the All-Star, so Levi will likely be freed up for Sunday, if that's what the coaches want to do.

I'm guessing that Teemer will be pulled from the All-Star, so Levi will likely be freed up for Sunday, if that's what the coaches want to do.
Teemer was quoted in a Flo article on that match that he was fine, it was a precautionary pull and that he is excited to wrestle in Rec Hall.

Davis's performance Sunday was very eye opening. Over the summer I was looking at his credentials (4X Michigan State Champion) and was curious why he didn't seem to be in the discussion for our 125 this season; perhaps I missed those comments. He looked good Sunday and I'm looking forward to watching him again this weekend.
For one thing all this time I thought he was penciled in at 133.

Reactions: Roar More
Nagao and Kasak in for Sunday!!
Was the “Kasak in for Sunday” info said by Cael or is this just rumor? Kasak and McHenry are the only 2 PSU guys with Olympic redshirts still available at this point.

Kasak can go in 5 events and keep his regular redshirt, not so with an Oly. I would be shocked if McHenry would even want to shirt.

Reactions: pish69
All the information posted so far is the "possibles" for Sunday. Last week the same sources, including the match notes, listed Nagao who obviously wasn't going.

I suspect we will find out who's going about 9 am on Friday and it will be the possibles minus a few guys, like always.

Cael did mention he thought Nagao would be able to go at this event a few weeks ago at his presser, but that info is a couple weeks old and was speculative, so not even that is assured.

All the information posted so far is the "possibles" for Sunday. Last week the same sources, including the match notes, listed Nagao who obviously wasn't going.

I suspect we will find out who's going about 9 am on Friday and it will be the possibles minus a few guys, like always.

Cael did mention he thought Nagao would be able to go at this event a few weeks ago at his presser, but that info is a couple weeks old and was speculative, so not even that is assured.

“He’s wrestling this weekend. He’s a great kid and works really hard. He’s continuing to try to get better,” Sanderson said. “He just does everything you ask, very disciplined and humble, but very grateful. He wants to be good. I mean, we watched him wrestle last year, he’s tenacious and a competitor. You don’t see all of those same characteristics and traits in one person very often. It’s pretty cool. He’ll be ready to roll this weekend.”

Read more at: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/...wrestling/article281868513.html#storylink=cpy

Nagao and Kasak in for Sunday!!
Going to have to tune in to watch Nagao. Still sore over him leaving but glad he’s in a good spot and healthy. Will always cheer him on.

Side note for those interested, the true freshman that we managed to replace Nagao with is an absolute stud. Unranked recruit was initially committed to D2 St. Cloud State but flipped shortly after we had an opening. He’s undefeated so far with a tech over SDSU’s starter and just beat #16 Kurt Phipps from Bucknell pretty handedly last night. I think he can AA as a true freshman. Tyler Wells is his name.

Teemer was quoted in a Flo article on that match that he was fine, it was a precautionary pull and that he is excited to wrestle in Rec Hall.

Either Teemer or Haines is out and they just announced it’ll be the D2 vs D3 champ at 157.

They should have matched up Haines solo against the D2 and D3 champs in a tag team. That would hopefully put an end to that inane thread just above this one.
Or even Paddy Gallagher against them, then point at Levi's 14-1 win last year.

They wouldn't dare throw the D2/D3 champ in against Andonian, right?

Reactions: dicemen99
Here’s that announcement from flo. Levi seemed to be adding knee protection as the journeyman progressed. Hope he’s ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT