ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational 11/19 on Flo

Thanks, could anyone provide a link please?
brendan fraser 90s GIF

Elaborating…

It seems to me like there has been an effort by PSU to cut down on the number of matches wrestled in a season. Presumably for injury concern reasons.

When we send the 125 lb contenders twice, I see it as a wrestleoff.

Ditto at 165 where you are giving Barraclough a fair shake.

When you do it at 141, it has me wondering if they are giving Evans a fair shake too. And as good as Evans is, BB was 3rd last year. I’m just a little surprised that we are giving a returning 3rd placer this many early season matches.

Howard won 6-4 over Gardner-Webb's 125 backup, who 2 weeks ago got pinned in under a minute by Jax Forrest.

I don't want to stick a fork in him now. But clearly he's not where he was at nationals a couple years ago. There's plenty of season left, no need to decide yet. Hopefully he can overcome his current state soon.

Steen with a 12-5 win over Binghamton true freshman Carson Wagner, who thru HS was a thorn in Nasdeo's side.

Davis teched a guy he teched last week, ho hum. His next opponent (Army's Farmer) is a backup but at least looks like a viable D1 wrestler.

Elaborating…

It seems to me like there has been an effort by PSU to cut down on the number of matches wrestled in a season. Presumably for injury concern reasons.

When we send the 125 lb contenders twice, I see it as a wrestleoff.

Ditto at 165 where you are giving Barraclough a fair shake.

When you do it at 141, it has me wondering if they are giving Evans a fair shake too. And as good as Evans is, BB was 3rd last year. I’m just a little surprised that we are giving a returning 3rd placer this many early season matches.
he still isn't going to get a lot of matches and it isn't like he is wrestling at the Midlands or Cliff Keen, hell i am not sure if this is even tougher than the Keystone.

I think it might be that Davis is the better option right now at least until Rob can figure out some things

If nothing else it would help to see Davis against starting 125lbers. He’s tearing up back ups but don’t know how it will translate to starting opponents.

Insider on another site says he's dinged.
As someone who injured his knees many a time, the fact that he wrestled well in 2 subsequent matches means that it’s very likely a slight tweak/ding. I think most of us have had a slight sprain of something and competed that day, but need to rest it for a week or 2 after as it stiffens.

Not a great 3rd period for Kasak despite the score.

Welcome to college wrestling against the academies. You better be ready to go the whole 7.
What was the opponent’s point for? Looked like stalling but I didn’t see any stalling.

What was the opponent’s point for? Looked like stalling but I didn’t see any stalling.
Kasak got hit for stalling for pushing the Army kid out of bounds.

Rightfully so, all he did in the third was under hook and try to walk him out of bounds.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT