ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking from Pennlive Curley and Shultz plead guilty.

Ah, you really should read the article.

1. There is no suggestion in the article that Sandusky was ever part of a program like this.

2. The program started in the early 2000's, which completely rules out 1998, and possibly may rule out 2001.

Calendars are not your strong suit. I hope you did not get a degree from PSU.

It's funny to see you chastise someone else for not reading this article. Here's the relevant section:

Friend Fitness, an early intervention program designed for youth ages 11 to 17, came to Chester County in the early 2000s as a result of a grant from the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency. It grew out of Second Mile, a program founded by former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky in 1977.

Re: your point #2, this doesn't say Friend Fitness started in the early 2000s. It says it came to Chester County then. And your point #1 is laughable.

Here's a post by Ray that indicates Friend Fitness was listed on the 1999 and 2001 TSM annual reports:
http://notpsu.blogspot.com/2013/11/victim-6-cases-discovery-materials.html

First, TSM's 1999 Annual Report (not available on-line) shows that $75.242 was spent on the Friend/Friend Fitness program and that 48 "kids between both the State College and Indiana sites" were served by the fitness program by 36 mentors. In the 2001 incident, the Annual Report shows $95,334 spent on the program and 40 participants. Reasonable people (i.e., a jury) would probably conclude that Sandusky was using the Friend Fitness program as a means to take showers with youths.

I can show you that iot must be re[ported, either to Childline, the police, or the supervisor withing 48 hours. It was.

The supervisor reported to his supervisor.
Hasn't it been confirmed that McQueary's meeting with Curley/Schultz occurred several days after he met with Paterno, which would have exceeded the 48 hour clock? Given that information, McQueary's meeting with Paterno was the only possibility for him to report anything to a superior within the legal time frame.

Didn't McQueary also testify that he was intentionally vague when meeting with Paterno? To my knowledge, there is no factual evidence as to exactly what McQueary said in that meeting. I believe the only evidence we have is 2010/2011 testimony from both parties, and one of those pieces of testimony stated that the message was watered down. Therefore, it's not unreasonable to conclude that even today it is unclear whether McQueary reported sexual abuse or horseplay when meeting with Paterno.

If McQueary witnessed a rape but reported a lesser situation (intentionally or unintentionally) in his only meeting with a supervisor during the 48 hour window, was his legal obligation fulfilled?

Secondly, surely even you would agree that witnessing a child being abused and walking away without calling 911 or intervening is more morally reprehensible than Paterno's actions (or lack thereof), particularly when considering that Paterno was not even presented with an opportunity to intervene while the criminal activity was taking place.

It's funny to see you chastise someone else for not reading this article. Here's the relevant section:

Friend Fitness, an early intervention program designed for youth ages 11 to 17, came to Chester County in the early 2000s as a result of a grant from the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency. It grew out of Second Mile, a program founded by former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky in 1977.

Re: your point #2, this doesn't say Friend Fitness started in the early 2000s. It says it came to Chester County then. And your point #1 is laughable.

Here's a post by Ray that indicates Friend Fitness was listed on the 1999 and 2001 TSM annual reports:
http://notpsu.blogspot.com/2013/11/victim-6-cases-discovery-materials.html

First, TSM's 1999 Annual Report (not available on-line) shows that $75.242 was spent on the Friend/Friend Fitness program and that 48 "kids between both the State College and Indiana sites" were served by the fitness program by 36 mentors. In the 2001 incident, the Annual Report shows $95,334 spent on the program and 40 participants. Reasonable people (i.e., a jury) would probably conclude that Sandusky was using the Friend Fitness program as a means to take showers with youths.

1, The first shower incident in 1998, so that isn't an explanation.

2. We have no indication that Sandusky was ever part of this program. Reasonable people are going to ask that first.

You will have demonstrate.

A. The program existed in 1998.

B. Sandusky was involved in that particular program.

Reactions: elvis63

2. We have no indication that Sandusky was ever part of this program. Reasonable people are going to ask that first.

Are you going to answer my question about how you know Central PA culture or not?? Or do you just avoid the tough questions?

The way you try it make it sound is that JS was a figurehead at TSM. We know that to be not true as he was very hands on there with their programs. Proving anything that happened at TSM is probably next to impossible now that they destroy some or all of their records.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Are you going to answer my question about how you know Central PA culture or not?? Or do you just avoid the tough questions?

If you are asking about the second part of the post, that is easy. I don't make moral judgments in this matter. If they complied legally, I won't complain.

If you are asking about Central Pennsylvania culture, I lived there for 25 years, including my years at PSU. If you define Central Pennsylvania as being west of Philadelphia and east of the Allegheny County line, my family lived there for about 200 years.

I grew up there, went to school there, was elected to public office from there, wrote articles about it, and lived there.

If that was your question, restate it.

The way you try it make it sound is that JS was a figurehead at TSM. We know that to be not true as he was very hands on there with their programs. Proving anything that happened at TSM is probably next to impossible now that they destroy some or all of their records.

No, but 1998 happened before 1999. We also do not know if Sandusky actually participated in a program supervised by TSM.

If you are asking about the second part of the post, that is easy. I don't make moral judgments in this matter. If they complied legally, I won't complain.

If you are asking about Central Pennsylvania culture, I lived there for 25 years, including my years at PSU. If you define Central Pennsylvania as being west of Philadelphia and east of the Allegheny County line, my family lived there for about 200 years.

I grew up there, went to school there, was elected from public office from there, and lived there.

That is not how I define central PA. I define central PA as Centre County and any of the counties immediately surrounding it. Which of those counties did you live in, for how long, and show me proof.

Where did I say they weren't already off the deep end?

Some like you and Towny are celebrating, some are always in the clouds...LaJolla is angry for some reason. Like he's taking this very personally. That's why I said that to an ostensibly reasonable poster.

But carry on!
Should I not be celebrating the downfall of the men responsible for not reporting this and costing out University a quarter of a billion dollars?

I can show you that iot must be re[ported, either to Childline, the police, or the supervisor withing 48 hours. It was.

The supervisor reported to his supervisor.

Are you a premium member?

I'm sure it is now, I doubt those requirements were out there in 2001. That is the issue with this line of thinking, it always is referenced to what has been change and is effect now not what was in place in 2001.

Should I not be celebrating the downfall of the men responsible for not reporting this and costing out University a quarter of a billion dollars?

Sure. As soon as McQuery is tarred, feathered, and shamed, Dranov, John McQuery, as well as Spanier, and TSM, I'll be sound as a pound.

Big brothers big Sisters is the largest.

There are also 1 on 1 friend fitness programs all over PA & the USA. http://youthmp.org/programs

I point this out because all the people screaming about TSM (which is defunct) completely ignore these other programs run in much the same way.

I was helping out my kids catholic grade school basketball program back in 2005. Not really into coaching basketball but they wanted me there as the second adult. Two reasons, to make sure inappropriate thing was not going on between and coach and the boy, and to protect the coach from any potential false accusations from the boys.

If other programs involving young girls and boy want to ignore the potential for abuse with 1 on 1 adult/child interaction, it's really not sound a sound organizational/operational decision being made for both the adult and child.

That is not how I define central PA. I define central PA as Centre County and any of the counties immediately surrounding it. Which of those counties did you live in, for how long, and show me proof.

I do not count that area as Central Pennsylvania only. Cumberland County is Central Pennsylvania. So is Forest or Bedford.

I say this, I grew up watching WJAC and WTAJ. And yes, I know who Hardrock, Coco, Joe and Suzie Snowflake are. Do you?

I'm sure it is now, I doubt those requirements were out there in 2001. That is the issue with this line of thinking, it always is referenced to what has been change and is effect now not what was in place in 2001.

At the time, it was to follow the rules of the institution, which were to report it to your supervisor.

Not sure what set you off on me today, but you can project all you need to. It would be something if you even touched on the topic, but whatever.

I have been for 3 days.

If the best comeback you have is "I know you are but what am I", maybe put down the shovel eh?

Reactions: 21Guns
No need to wait. I can celebrate each one.

Hence my issue with Towny here gloating like his pos brother-in-law isn't neck deep in this. And a misdemeanor isn't exactly "going down", more like "yeah, fine, leave me alone already".

If I was thin skinned I wouldn't be here.

lol. You posted previously that you "HAVE to deal with these posters that believe . . .". I asked you before, and I'll ask you again, why do you feel you HAVE to deal with them? You never answered me. Is there someone holding a gun to your head, threatening bodily harm, etc.?? And then you cry about why people don't like you.

So answer, if you don't like arguing with people on this subject why have you been doing it constantly for years?? Why not just avoid the topic for good?

I have been for 3 days.

If the best comeback you have is "I know you are but what am I", maybe put down the shovel eh?
Maybe put your fingers in your ears like so many others? It's no loss to me. You are deflecting quite well. Basically you don't want to hear a varying opinion I guess because you still have yet to even state what your issue is. Either way I don't care. Stay angry at me, grrrr. Peace!!! Starting to notice a theme in your posts now....I got it. LOL....just shut everyone up Alden, you're on a roll. Too funny. Shut up unless you think like me. BWI's new mantra.

Last edited:
It should have never got to Paterno
Remember he was fourth in line - just that fact alone kind of diminishes the urgency don't you think
Plus when it got to him he got out the book and followed it

Why the fixation on Paterno
I don't have one but there is a fact that when MM went to him, Paterno could have said "call the police."

Reactions: billyberoux
Maybe put your fingers in your ears like so many others? It's no loss to me. You are deflecting quite well. Basically you don't want to hear a varying opinion I guess because you still have yet to even state what your issue is. Either way I don't care. Stay angry at me, grrrr. Peace!!! Starting to notice a theme in your posts now....I got it. LOL

Newsflash: I don't disagree with you on much. Again, you're attacking, flailing really, and it's pretty sad to watch. You clearly care because you keep responding.

I do not count that area as Central Pennsylvania only. Cumberland County is Central Pennsylvania. So is Forest or Bedford.

I say this, I grew up watching WJAC and WTAJ. And yes, I know who Hardrock, Coco, Joe and Suzie Snowflake are. Do you?

Eh, wrong. None of those counties are central PA. Unless you misunderstand what "central" means. Bedford County is on the Maryland border for crying out loud.

Of course, Suzie Snowflake proves you know the culture. lol

I have never argued that that Paterno's testimony was altered or even read incorrectly (although the wording of what was read sounds very odd). I will tell you from being on juries that having testimony read to you that is not subject to cross examination is very low on the list of convincing evidence.
You obviously have your mind made up it can only go one way. I'm pretty much in the same boat, just the opposite side of the equation.

We'll see how it shakes out soon enough.

Newsflash: I don't disagree with you on much. Again, you're attacking, flailing really, and it's pretty sad to watch. You clearly care because you keep responding.
I don't see you stopping with these fake ass lectures either. Kind of hypocritical? You don't have to watch over me and I'm not looking for some approval from you. You are shouting a few people down here, so watch out for that falling glass.

I don't see you stopping with these fake ass lectures either. Kind of hypocritical? You don't have to watch over me and I'm not looking for some approval from you. You are shouting a few people down here, so watch out for that falling glass.

Just Towny, your new bedfellow.

How do you transcribe the sentence "Let's eat Grandma"? Where you put a comma makes a big difference--especially to Grandma. A reading of a transcription can lose things like inflection and tone which could make a big difference in interpretation. The second grand jury didn't get to hear that. No conspiracy here.

As you note however, we'll find out soon enough.

Maybe.

This case has taken so many turns that if we suddenly found out that the entrance to the Land of Oz was under Beaver Stadium, I'd not be too surprised.;)
MM as the cowardly lion?

Tired of the back and forth. For the past 5.5 years, I thought everyone wanted to see this go to trial. Looks like that is happening but with Spanky only... That's fine.. All everyone wanted was the truth. Starting next week, it begins..

Tired of the back and forth. For the past 5.5 years, I thought everyone wanted to see this go to trial. Looks like that is happening but with Spanky only... That's fine.. All everyone wanted was the truth. Starting next week, it begins..

No, it doesn't.

Spanier is taking a plea deal also.

Reactions: Skellarman
Eh, wrong. None of those counties are central PA. Unless you misunderstand what "central" means. Bedford County is on the Maryland border for crying out loud.

Of course, Suzie Snowflake proves you know the culture. lol

As I indicated I grew up in Central Pennsylvania. And that reference should indicate that I grew up in the Altoona-Johnstown-State College media market, and not Union County, event though that meets your claimed area. Bedford is in Central Pennsylvania.

You apparently don't quite get that. It is a characteristic for residents to be isolated, I guess.

If he does take a plea, it better not include cover up, conspiracy, perjury, etc..

He wants to stay out of prison doesn't he?

He'll take a deal. Just like Curley and Schultz.

This is end game: The only thing left is to stay out of prison. Oh, and one other thing: Remain silent forever.

Reactions: Skellarman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT