ADVERTISEMENT

BrockBronson Scholastic Recruiting Apocalypse Thread

Becahi's roster is up - the only freshman listed is Keanu Dillard, who has been a Red Hawk lifer and was in their Junior High program last year. Obviously a very impact kid at 106. They have approximatley 1,000,000 very good sophomores on their roster, so make sense that the freshman class is (both literally and figuratively) tiny.

Nazareth's roster is going up, but I'm not sure how complete it is. The only freshman listed is Jack Campbell, who was in their Junior High program last year, and no new names amongst upperclassmen. The Nazareth wave also seems to be subsiding, as they don't have a ton of highly regarded kids coming through behind their seniors, either on their HS roster (other than the two transfers Parkins and Kinney), or from a cursory glance at junior high results locally.

Veres and Faith are winning the recruiting wars over there. When will the nearest catholic school to Reading start loading up on Marsteller wrestlers is the next question.

Veres and Faith are winning the recruiting wars over there. When will the nearest catholic school to Reading start loading up on Marsteller wrestlers is the next question.
Berks Catholic is doing that already. They are gonna be a top 10 AA State team this year.

Reactions: nitlion6
Berks Catholic is doing that already. They are gonna be a top 10 AA State team this year.

Yep. Been recruiting since the start. They have gotten
kids from Daniel Boone, Reading, Conrad Weiser, Oley Valley, Schuylkill Valley, Elco, and Muhlenberg to name some.

Easily should be a top 10 team.

Reactions: danoftw
What happened in Northern York? Will this snow ball and give McDevitt even more Transfer studs?

Notre Dame got a couple of kids from Bangor in last couple of years. The LaPenna kid is from Bangor also. They also got a good kid from Pen Argyl this year.
Bouzakis is at Notre Dame .
Pen Argyls black singlets with the green clover are hands down the best in PA

Is there an all hs star match this weekend in State College. I heard Granahan and some of the D4 boys are going too. Where can I get details. Is NLWC running it or papower

Is there an all hs star match this weekend in State College. I heard Granahan and some of the D4 boys are going too. Where can I get details. Is NLWC running it or papower
PA power is running it. It's called the Surge and we are taking most of the team and a few JH.

Reactions: hlstone
Didn’t make the surge but did just spend the last three hours watching on Rokfin. The coverage was solid. They commentated almost every match. They actually knew what they talking about.
The D4 and Benton boys didn’t do great. What is going on with Malvern. I watched quite a few matches and every one of their kids took injury time. One kid quit the match in the semis and walked off, one kid threw his head gear and argued nose to nose with a ref in the finals. Then the coaches didn’t say a word and also argued. A few matches later another Malvern kid throw his nose plug at a coach and he laughs. PSU used to make stops there, not sure what is going on now.
The Consaglio kid is tough though. He beats Perry and then wins the surge. Gibson won two close matches. Not sure what happens for him tomorrow at Clarion. Dom Deputy is very good and will be a force this season at 106.
Who is Melvin Miller? Where did he come from. Mcort was already stacked around 120-130 and this 8th grader beats 4 ranked HS kids and beats a good senior handily in the finals. Link is a three time Prep AA they said.
Bassett’s matches aren’t even close. He scores 20 plus in almost every match. Someone years Ago said want until he gets to middle school. Then last year someone said wait until he gets to HS. Not sure anything looks to be changing. The kid is a machine. That Fanella kid is really good and he no chance.
Adam waters is the real deal and could be a Four time AA champion. I was impressed with his skill for being a young kid in an upper weight. Evanitsky wrestled tough but doesn’t score a lot. He gave Crookham all he could handle last year as a freshmen. He beat a good kid from Faith academy.
Barnhart from Malvern is their best wrestler right now. He put it on Pepe which surprised me. Both kids were gassing. I can’t believe Dugan is back. It feels like he has been wrestling for a decade.

Reactions: danoftw
Good tournament, not as stacked as last year. Granahan was the only Benton starter that shiwed up and he showed up at 140 lbs. He'll be a 127(+2) by the post season. D4 was definitely not well represented. Had a couple of JH kids place. Overall was a good time.

I doubt that more Northern kids follow him to McD its literally a 31 minute drive with no traffic from Nothern to McD. His trip to McD would be in rush hour traffic and would likely add 5-10 minutes every day. Let's just say if his transfer was academic related he could've chosen Trinity.

I doubt that more Northern kids follow him to McD its literally a 31 minute drive with no traffic from Nothern to McD. His trip to McD would be in rush hour traffic and would likely add 5-10 minutes every day. Let's just say if his transfer was academic related he could've chosen Trinity.
We have kids in District 1 that drive over an hour each way to Malvern. A lot of them over the years. 40-minute drive to HS is not much of a deterrent.

OTOH, I have no idea if kids would follow him to McD or not. As I posted earlier, the two in HS would likely have an issue with the postseason as they have already entered 10th grade.

Has it been confirmed yet? Can Bouzakis and Kunstek wrestle at Hershey this season? Both will be favorites in AA and AAA. Did anything happen with the investigation at Faith academy? Isn’t it crazy, all the teams outside D11 are getting called out but D11 can run wild.

Interesting tidbit, two of my friends are donors at NLWC and were in the room today. They said basically the whole Mcort team was in there and I guess there all the time. ( when do they do school and how can they do it?) He heard one saying if they don’t get approved for PIAA states this season they probably won’t ever wrestle at PIaa states and just do the big national events. I hope this isn’t true but honestly could see them doing what Gibson did and train full time at RTC’s. Not sure they have much to gain wrestling AA any way.

Has it been confirmed yet? Can Bouzakis and Kunstek wrestle at Hershey this season? Both will be favorites in AA and AAA. Did anything happen with the investigation at Faith academy? Isn’t it crazy, all the teams outside D11 are getting called out but D11 can run wild.

Interesting tidbit, two of my friends are donors at NLWC and were in the room today. They said basically the whole Mcort team was in there and I guess there all the time. ( when do they do school and how can they do it?) He heard one saying if they don’t get approved for PIAA states this season they probably won’t ever wrestle at PIaa states and just do the big national events. I hope this isn’t true but honestly could see them doing what Gibson did and train full time at RTC’s. Not sure they have much to gain wrestling AA any way.
200w.gif

flogging_dead_horse_what.jpg

PS. This is mainly a PSU college board. Try a different board and you may some day end your quest for geographical parity.

• Haha
Reactions: Nitt Fan
Thanks for reading my thread on HS wrestling and the Transfer tracker. There is few very people on earth who enjoy PSU wrestling and college wrestling like I do.

Say it with the silly emoji’s and quit reading the thread if it doesn’t interest you.

PS PIAA needs to go AA, AAA and Privates for team states. All in one for individual

Last edited:
I’d imagine Kunstek is eligible because he simply returned to his home district after competing at a private school who competes in National Preps. If it was PIAA school to PIAA school, there’d be a chance for a postseason ban imo. Since it’s not and he’s technically always lived in Pottsville, there’s no reason he can’t be eligible immediately.

I believe Wyatt Henson did something similar when he went to Waynesburg HS, moved to MO, then moved back to Waynesburg.

Last edited:
Some things on this thread that mean the whole thread should be taken with a grain of salt lol.

Max Stein to Notre Dame FALSE
Luke Fugazzotto ro Notre Dame FALSE
Luke Fugazzotto to Faith Christian FALSE
Nathan Desmond to Saucon Valley FALSE
Collin Ramsey to Notre Dame FALSE
Landon Sidun to Faith Christian FALSE (but does have some legs)
Vince Bouzakis to Notre Dame TRUE (wow, this thread got one right).

Lincoln Sedzowski to Mcort
Louie Gill to Reynolds
Nick Kunstek to Pottsville

Did Bouzakis get cleared. He is going to be a AA favorite to win

Lincoln Sedzowski to Mcort
Louie Gill to Reynolds
Nick Kunstek to Pottsville

Did Bouzakis get cleared. He is going to be a AA favorite to win
Not sure if he got cleared yet ot not but he will. The problem with the 3 u listed above is they were already confirmed before being posted on this thread. Heck even the Sidun one was confirmed by Willie but it is not accurate. The Sidun decision has not been made yet

Reactions: BrockBronson
Not sure if he got cleared yet ot not but he will. The problem with the 3 u listed above is they were already confirmed before being posted on this thread. Heck even the Sidun one was confirmed by Willie but it is not accurate. The Sidun decision has not been made yet
Willie said he was going there. I figured he had good info unless he was a few drinks in.

I am not claiming to know everything. Just reporting what I hear at the local watering hole and at M2

I don't know why Siduns would move to go Faith. They have it pretty good where they are - great coach, Knights RTC right there. I get the appeal of creating a dynasty but I'd think that they'll have a pretty good run at Norwin in the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT