ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks non-issue

So let's just say Spencer had the failed drug test. How would you feel about that? That's the answer I'm going with

So let's just say Spencer had the failed drug test. How would you feel about that? That's the answer I'm going with

I would let the process play out before making any kind of judgement. Like any rational adult.

Also, the "what for" matters, too.

It's worth noting that WADA and UWW haven't said anything about this. No provisional suspension, nothing. At this point, we're operating on a Pat Mineo rumor.

The heart medicine I am on is a banned substance because it slows your heart rate. Advantage for participants in shooting sports.

Guess I will never compete in the Olympics.
Good point , however majority of these drugs first listed side effects: Dizziness. Not an advantage in my opinion

What the poster below your post said. I'm somewhat familiar with this issue and it gets pretty complex. For example caffeine is banned at certain levels. Go drink a pot of Death Wish coffee prior to a test and you'll fail, certain OTCs will fail you along with various herbal and health food supplements. And yes there are the good ole anabolics, BP and heart meds, diuretics, various masking drugs, and stimulants such as Adderall.

Some are ok with a valid prescription, some are never allowed. So you wait and see what actually happened, regardless of your rooting interest. It makes you look much less pathetic after the fact.

Good point , however majority of these drugs first listed side effects: Dizziness. Not an advantage in my opinion
The side effects aren't seen by all users, but he is right, it's a banned drug because they use it to slow their heart rates so they can stay still to shoot more accurately.
I would let the process play out before making any kind of judgement. Like any rational adult.

Also, the "what for" matters, too.

It's worth noting that WADA and UWW haven't said anything about this. No provisional suspension, nothing. At this point, we're operating on a Pat Mineo rumor.
Mineo seems kind of a ratchet head to me. Remember, these guys will do this for clicks, they don't car about accuracy.

I work in the health center on campus.. No connection to Aaron.. just to say that the number of kids on ADD meds is mind boggling.. So whether it enhances or not.. if it is a prescribed medication that allows him to focus and do well in school and has been approved by the NCAA and his doctor for that use, I see no reason it should impact international wrestling.. On the contrary.. if the international bodies ruled he couldn't use it despite a doctors prescription and formal diagnosis.. they would be negatively impacting the athletes education and self betterment which would seem to be foolish..

I expect Iron-B to spontaneously combust when he learns of this. After flames are extinguished, he’ll ascribe the incident to Cael’s entire tenure and lobby for vacating all Lion wrestler wins during that time. I also expect that this test result, DT’s rumored rise to Cowboy HC, and all those premier portal guys potentially landing at Iowa won’t alter the juggernaut’s operational plan in any way.

If it costs him a shot at his lifelong dream in the Olympics, I'd feel absolutely terrible for him, but you're responsible for the consequences of your own actions, so it is what it is, be more careful next time. If they get it fixed so that nothing happens, that's fine with me too since it's not really "performance enhancing" like steroids or something. I'd feel the same way about Brooks or Spencer or anyone else.

Spencer is wrestling for Team USA now, so I'm 100% behind him.

It's more than that actually, it can have effects on focus and potentially strength, not in a steroid sense, but as a nervous system, stimulant. I do not know if you realize caffeine is a banned substance at certain levels.
Having coached kids on it…and having a child on it..one should not downplay the hyper-fixation and focus that adderall provides. There are reasons for drugs to be on the list but also in fairness, it is commonly prescribed. That makes it legal to use with the correct forms, etc.

Having coached kids on it…and having a child on it..one should not downplay the hyper-fixation and focus that adderall provides. There are reasons for drugs to be on the list but also in fairness, it is commonly prescribed. That makes it legal to use with the correct forms, etc.
Exactly, and stimulants do have certain positive effects in regards to muscular strength and other athletic benefits.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Maybe, I don't know. In his defense though, he is usually spot on concerning Iowa Wrestling.
FIla6LzXEAQuv-H

I don't know anything about the drug testing protocols, but I do know a little bit about Adderall and how it is used. For concentrating on school work (or job related work) a typical prescription would be one tablet/capsule of Adderall ER per day. The ER stands for Extended Release which means the drug is bound with a compound that dissolves slowly over the course of time delivering an as-needed dosage to the patient that will last over the course of a typical school or work day.

The dosage provides the benefit of alertness and concentration which is exactly the intended effect. I very seriously doubt that this dosage is strong enough to provide some kind of PED effect that would help an athlete with their physical performance. However, if someone were to take 3-4 times the prescribed dosage when they wanted an extra potent kick, you might be getting into an area where the Adderall could have a positive physical effect.

So getting back to the drug test protocols, do they merely detect the presence of pharmaceutical substances in the athlete, or can the tests also provide an estimate of how much they were taking? That would be a very important distinction for someone who requests an exemption due to a medical condition.

• Haha
As a huge Brooks fan, who picked him in advance to beat DT, I am not an apologist.

I don't like grey areas as there is no end to them once permitted.

One should question how in the hell is this even possible? He knows what he is on, the rules are pretty clear, and in most cases the process and outcome is pretty black and white with little wiggle room. Fix got hit for what seemed as an "innocuous" shake.

Unless Worlds have a different substance protocol than the Olympics, I don't see this one necessarily ending well, and on balance with what wrestling has had to deal with, I am sympathetic.

In a word, regardless of the story behind it - inexcusable!

"" FIFY

Last edited:
Now I can stop wondering why Penn St guys get less tired and suddenly are great when not near as great before.
LOL. Little boy. Iowa State taking 4th must have stung a little.

Penn State
172.5​
172.5​
172.5​
6​
4​
2​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
Cornell
72.5​
72.5​
72.5​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
Michigan
71​
71​
71​
2​
0​
2​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
Iowa State
68.5​
68.5​
68.5​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
Iowa
67​
67​
67​
1​
0​
1​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
1​

As a huge Brooks fan, who picked him in advance to beat DT, I am not an apologist.

One should question how in the hell is this even possible? He knows what he is on, the rules are pretty clear, and in most cases the process and outcome is pretty black and white with little wiggle room. Fix got hit for what seemed as an innocuous shake.

Unless Worlds have a different substance protocol than the Olympics, I don't see this one necessarily ending well, and on balance with what wrestling has had to deal with, I am sympathetic.

Daton Fix got suspended for SARMs.

The two aren’t remotely comparable.

One should question how in the hell is this even possible? He knows what he is on, the rules are pretty clear, and in most cases the process and outcome is pretty black and white with little wiggle room. Fix got hit for what seemed as an innocuous shake.

Not sure I’d call Ostarine an innocuous shake but to each their own.

“Grabbed my dad’s steroids” is certainly a story though

I guess I'm glad yellowbird was too much of a coward to take that bet. I would have had to pay, if it had been true, but it was not. Oh, and he would not have been suspended.

Such a shame, but we are all responsible for our actions and the consequences.

Last edited:
Now I can stop wondering why Penn St guys get less tired and suddenly are great when not near as great before.
Wait, I thought the mantra was that Cael just recruited great top 10 guys from the outset and development didn’t have to happen as they were always going to be great?

LOL. Little boy. Iowa State taking 4th must have stung a little.

Penn State
172.5​
172.5​
172.5​
6​
4​
2​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
Cornell
72.5​
72.5​
72.5​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
Michigan
71​
71​
71​
2​
0​
2​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
Iowa State
68.5​
68.5​
68.5​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
Iowa
67​
67​
67​
1​
0​
1​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
1​
Meh, nightmare tournament with 1/3 of our lineup. Still finished 5th.

Let's please wait for the full story. I am inclined to not pass judgment until the facts are all on the table. Brooks had to cut a lot of weight: did this help him?

Wait, I thought the mantra was that Cael just recruited great top 10 guys from the outset and development didn’t have to happen as they were always going to be great?
A little combination of both. A perfect recipe. Like Nebraska Football in the 90's

Meh, nightmare tournament with 1/3 of our lineup. Still finished 5th.
Even with your full lineup you finish 85 points behind, but at least you would have finished second. Thank God you have an excuse. Nice door prize with that. I bet your brethern at HR would love that you "still finished fifth". You need to be like Matt McDonough and throw out any trophy that doesn't have a 1 in it.

Even with your full lineup you finish 85 points behind, but at least you would have finished second. Thank God you have an excuse. Nice door prize with that. I bet your brethern at HR would love that you "still finished fifth". You need to be like Matt McDonough and throw out any trophy that doesn't have a 1 in it.
He instantaneously got you worked up. That's all he wanted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT