ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks non-issue

I did--maybe 10% of the translated Farsi comments were negative in some way. Most were either supportive of their guy, or supportive of AB's win over Taylor, or supportive of all competitors in the sport. Iranian fans are rarely negative, in my limited experience. If negativity correlates with safety, maybe Foley was on to something afterall...

I know people here are making the argument Adderall isn't a PED--it's on the list, so their opinion doesn't really matter. It's also something you can get a TUE for, and if you do so properly, no one ever knows about it. So far, this "scandal" is a tweet from a guy who shares info he (or the person(s) feeding it to him) doesn't always verify.

If Aaron has a prescription, that's really none of our damn business, and the NCAA didn't seem to see a problem. Time will tell (or not) what this hullabaloo is all about, but having spoken directly with Aaron on a few occasions, I'd be very surprised if this was all some attempt to gain a competitive edge. I've been wrong before, but I just don't think I am this time. That said, if he didn't do the paperwork right, that will have to be something he lives with.
To me what is really FUBAR if this is all true, is that this wasn't adjudicated prior to the Olympic Trials. We are now weeks past the trials and this violation at the U23's is still being discussed. Just a bad look in my mind. He is either eligible or ineligible and that should have been decided by now.

To me what is really FUBAR if this is all true, is that this wasn't adjudicated prior to the Olympic Trials. We are now weeks past the trials and this violation at the U23's is still being discussed. Just a bad look in my mind. He is either eligible or ineligible and that should have been decided by now.
The only reason anybody is discussing it is because Mineo brought it up. We have no idea what is going on. It may have already been adjudicated. It may be a non-issue. It may be still pending. Nobody knows because there hasn't been any official report from anybody.

Yeah, if this is actually a thing still, then it's being badly mismanaged, and very unfair to the guys Brooks beat enroute to the OTT finals. Which is why I'd like to believe it's not actually a thing.

Reactions: mcpat and PSUer1989
The only reason anybody is discussing it is because Mineo brought it up. We have no idea what is going on. It may have already been adjudicated. It may be a non-issue. It may be still pending. Nobody knows because there hasn't been any official report from anybody.
This, and neither does Mineo. Folks need to be patient. Aaron is on record via Instagram, he didn't take illegal PED's. I'll put my faith in Aaron. Penn State folks should know, not to assume anything

Just a little FYI regarding Adderall. In 2000, only 44.7/100k were taking this medication. Today, it's 394.4/100k. That's an insane jump.

Furthermore, according to my doc, Columbia grad, not particularly happy with what's going on at her alma mater, she's Jewish, Adderall affects everyone differently, especially women. Folks should really use caution making absolute type of statements regarding the drug. ADHD folks can have issues sleeping or not sleeping. It totally depends on the individual.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Just a little FYI regarding Adderall. In 2000, only 44.7/100k were taking this medication. Today, it's 394.4/100k. That's an insane jump.

Furthermore, according to my doc, Columbia grad, not particularly happy with what's going on at her alma mater, she's Jewish, Adderall affects everyone differently, especially women. Folks should really use caution making absolute type of statements regarding the drug. ADHD folks can have issues sleeping or not sleeping. It totally depends on the individual.
My wife cannot take Adderall after noon. It wires her somehow and she can't sleep. So even though she's allowed 3x per day, she only takes it in the morning.

Reactions: Hotshoe
If someone has ADHD then Adderall will actually slow them down.so they can focus. Same thing happens when someone with ADHD smokes crack they can actually fall asleep I shit you not Now if someone did not have ADHD and took Adderall they would get the speed effect and could get some enhancement qualities from the drug the brain is a wonderful thing
Is this going to spin-off into its own recreational drug thread, kind of like the what's that wonderful smell thread?

Walked through literally any block of NYC lately? place has been completely overrun by skunks. 😂
Donald Trump Weed GIF by Election 2020

My daughter goes to Towson and lives off campus in a new apartment complex. Every time I visit, my aches and pains go away just walking down the hallway 😅

My wife cannot take Adderall after noon. It wires her somehow and she can't sleep. So even though she's allowed 3x per day, she only takes it in the morning.
Nothing like a shot of adrenaline mixed with Adderall in the afternoon lol. Just kidding

giphy.gif

You guys have been dissing Taylor for years about JDen Cox, Dake losses, Bubba, Treigning Lab - now you’re all clutching pearls at the slightest criticism of him.
clutching pearls? Lmao. I'm just watching people turn on him in an instant.

I enjoyed watching him lose to Dake, Cox and Bubba. It's true. But I also like him, and his wrestling style. One of my favorite Penn State wrestlers to watch over the years.

I enjoyed watching him lose to Dake, Cox and Bubba. It's true. But I also like him, and his wrestling style. One of my favorite Penn State wrestlers to watch over the years.
Kinda reminds you of all those Hawk fans turning on Gilman doesn't it?

You guys have been dissing Taylor for years about JDen Cox, Dake losses, Bubba, Treigning Lab - now you’re all clutching pearls at the slightest criticism of him.
Trust me, it won't be long and they will be hating Taylor like never before. And when they start thinking about the timing in all this and how Taylor was destined to be coaching Iowa in a year or two had OSU not grabbed him before them, it's going to drive them nuts.

Some dudes are upset a US Olympic rep won’t be banned for PEDs 😂 pathetic

Aaron didn’t straight up call him out for leaking it, but that’s certainly what you can infer.
If that's what happened, and Taylor does this in a leadership role, it's the kind of thing that can lose a clubhouse. Doesn't matter how good of a recruiter or coach you are, if the guys don't trust you.

Hopefully he figures out sooner than later that Cael's complete secrecy has its merits.

images

Trust me, it won't be long and they will be hating Taylor like never before. And when they start thinking about the timing in all this and how Taylor was destined to be coaching Iowa in a year or two had OSU not grabbed him before them, it's going to drive them nuts.
Approximately the first time he beats them in a dual and at nationals in the same year. Either but not both happens, it'll be a fluke. Both happen ...

f59a43be6d764db632974c831b1cc5d8.gif

Reactions: johnstownsteel
and in 3 years begging for Gilman to come to Iowa City to lead the Renaissance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT