ADVERTISEMENT

Can the Eagles still win their division?

Can the Eagles still win their division?

• yep- they will win out

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • no- too many injuries

Votes: 29 70.7%

• Total voters

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
and does it matter? can you see them beating either the Saints or the Rams in the playoffs?

The Cowboys victory over the Redskins last night made the Giants a favorite to win the division.

This has the sense of one of those years where the NFC East champ goes 8-8 or 9-7. If that’s how it plays out, then the Eagles absolutely have a shot to be in that mix. Beyond that? Yikes.

Yeah, the Eagles absolutely can win the division but the NFC Is Saints & Rams. Maybe Chicago. No one else has any shot.

The AFC seems a little bit more wide open though KC is the clear favorite right now. Steelers, Patriots, Chargers and maybe the Texans could make a run.

Yeah, the Eagles absolutely can win the division but the NFC Is Saints & Rams. Maybe Chicago. No one else has any shot.

The AFC seems a little bit more wide open though KC is the clear favorite right now. Steelers, Patriots, Chargers and maybe the Texans could make a run.
that's why the NFL is 'on any given Sunday' remember last year the Eagles were home dogs thru out the playoffs.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
The Eagles are just too decimated. The Falcons seem to get all the injury love this year, but the Eagles are right there too. Their secondary - a question mark when healthy - is a joke right now. They couldn’t cover kids on a 7-a-side field right now, let alone NFL WRs with a pulse. The OL and RBs have robbed the offense of a second dimension.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Win the division?!? I acknowledge the possibility but I don’t think they are going to win another game, quite frankly. Too many injuries and no fire at all.
That wouldn’t be the worst scenario. They need major help at OT and CB. Losing out would put them in the top 6 picks where they could draft the top OT or one of the top CBs.

This season’s a bust due to all the injuries.

That wouldn’t be the worst scenario. They need major help at OT and CB. Losing out would put them in the top 6 picks where they could draft the top OT or one of the top CBs.

This season’s a bust due to all the injuries.
I disagree about OT, they are fine there with Big V and Lane Johnson. I think Big V played well down the stretch last year. He did have a rough pre season, but I think he is much better than that. I am still not sold on 73 If we draft that high, I would go for the fastest big WR.

I never thought the ACC Coastal would be so bad that PITT could win it. In similar fashion, yes, I think the Eagles can be the best of the worst in their division.

With the injuries to the DBs, it’s not gonna happen. Can maybe win a few more games, but this team needs to get healthy.

I disagree about OT, they are fine there with Big V and Lane Johnson. I think Big V played well down the stretch last year. He did have a rough pre season, but I think he is much better than that. I am still not sold on 73 If we draft that high, I would go for the fastest big WR.
I think if you pick that high, you have to go with a premium position. With Peters at the end, Tackle is a logical choice. There’s a good DL crop too.

I’m not familiar with the WRs slated to be available.

I agree with the WR need, they need a deep threat on offense. The Eagles need a WR, LT, CBs, and a pass rushing DE, IMHO. That’s a lot and I think they wasted a #3 pick for Tate. They didn’t need another slot receiver.

Reactions: WestSideLion
So they said the Chiefs-Rams was a super bowl preview. But Steelers-Saints play in a few weeks. Couldn’t that be a super bowl preview also??

I agree with the WR need, they need a deep threat on offense. The Eagles need a WR, LT, CBs, and a pass rushing DE, IMHO. That’s a lot and I think they wasted a #3 pick for Tate. They didn’t need another slot receiver.
well a couple of things, as mentioned, I think they have their LT in Big V (you could do a hell of a lot worse), DE ? Don't forget Barnett will come back, we hope, but maybe CB? yes WR yes.
and if Tate leaves via Free agency, we should get the 3 back.

The Eagles are just too decimated. The Falcons seem to get all the injury love this year, but the Eagles are right there too. Their secondary - a question mark when healthy - is a joke right now. They couldn’t cover kids on a 7-a-side field right now, let alone NFL WRs with a pulse. The OL and RBs have robbed the offense of a second dimension.
here's your update....
Jalen Mills, Rasul Douglas, Avonte Maddox and Sidney Jones all remained out of practice on Friday and their chances of playing this weekend don’t look great as a result. With Ronald Darby done for the year with a torn ACL, the Eagles would be left with Chandon Sullivan, Cre’Von LeBlanc and DeVante Bausby as the options at cornerback against the Giants on Sunday.
I am telling Eagles will play 4-4-3, take SB out of the game, score like 50 points and win!!!

I don’t think so. Wentz is playing too timid and is a step or 2 too slow in decision making. Their defense can’t cover anyone or tackle. Even in the weak NFC east, I can’t see them taking the division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT