ADVERTISEMENT

Carter theory (NO PROOF)

Getting back to a Carter/Nolf potential Olympic trial match - if they wrestled tomorrow, freestyle, even if Carter was 100%, I would think Jason would destroy him. But maybe I am way off base.
I think Nolf is much improved at freestyle today, but two years ago he lost to Carter at World Team Trials in the third-place bout, 4-3. I believe that's the only official match between the two (either freestyle or folkstyle).

If he only went for the money, why is happiness an issue? If so, he made his own personal two year deal and he can deal with it on his own.
I never said happiness was an issue, and he is dealing with his choice, but it possibly could have an effect on his wrestling, or he could be sick, or just got beat. Just sharing what I heard, believe it or not, your choice.

Reactions: hlstone
I never said happiness was an issue, and he is dealing with his choice, but it possibly could have an effect on his wrestling, or he could be sick, or just got beat. Just sharing what I heard, believe it or not, your choice.
I agree. No idea. If it is the issue, it was a choice. If he’s sick….which considering what I’ve seen on our team…it could be and it’s not a choice Wrestling has a long history of personal problems manifesting on the mat which are usually not self made.

I was saying if it was true he went there for money……like many athletes in this environment, no one should wonder when regret creeps in and has an effect.

I agree. No idea. If it is the issue, it was a choice. If he’s sick….which considering what I’ve seen on our team…it could be and it’s not a choice Wrestling has a long history of personal problems manifesting on the mat which are usually not self made.

I was saying if it was true he went there for money……like many athletes in this environment, no one should wonder when regret creeps in and has an effect.
The Real regret may be felt by the payor and not the payee.

giphy.gif

I could say I heard it from his father, while on the phone, and you would not believe me, and I do not care. I have zero interest in convincing you.
I don't care what you say either. That's fair right

Well you commented on my post.

But so as to not annoy others, I will not continue any more back and forth. I stated what I heard.
It seems that wrestlers have a strong tendency to either burn out or get injured when they sign on with Iowa. If I was a young recruit or a wrestler entering the portal, I'd take a good look at the track record of the program being considered before making a commitment.

If we want to play the semantics game: I deliberately did not say Turk "served the country" which implies military service.

I said he bragged about his "service to the country" -- which can come in many forms, and is consistent with Turk's post that @Bob_Anderson mocked. ("On a daily basis" no less!)

@El-Jefe, if you wouldn't mind, what is the procedure to post previous messages like you did here? I have tried the "quote" method, but I never quite end up with the portion of the thread I was trying to highlight. TIA

@El-Jefe, if you wouldn't mind, what is the procedure to post previous messages like you did here? I have tried the "quote" method, but I never quite end up with the portion of the thread I was trying to highlight. TIA
Edit: I see what you're asking now, @Psalm 1 guy : I think in Jefe's case there, he clicked the little "share" icon (to the left of the post# and the bookmark icon) at top-right of the message to get the link to that specific post (you have to click "copy to clipboard" button after clicking it), then you just paste that URL on its own line in your message. I prefer the "quote" function described below though.

You can also use the "quote" feature, which lets you queue up several posts you want to quote in future messages. Then you click "insert quotes" in the message you're typing and select which of the message(s) you've queued for quoting. This is especially useful if you are quoting messages from other threads, or quoting multiple people at once.

Another semi-advanced tip that I use constantly to see context: when you see a quoted message, you can click on the words "username said:" and it takes you to that post, where you can read contextual clues surrounding it.

Last edited:
Reactions: backdrft76
Edit: I see what you're asking now, @Psalm 1 guy : I think in Jefe's case there, he clicked the little "share" icon (to the left of the post# and the bookmark icon) at top-right of the message to get the link to that specific post (you have to click "copy to clipboard" button after clicking it), then you just page that URL on its own line in your message. I prefer the "quote" function described below though.

You can also use the "quote" feature, which lets you queue up several posts you want to quote in future messages. Then you click "insert quotes" in the message you're typing and select which of the message(s) you've queued for quoting. This is especially useful if you are quoting messages from other threads, or quoting multiple people at once.

Another semi-advanced tip that I use constantly to see context: when you see a quoted message, you can click on the words "username said:" and it takes you to that post, where you can read contextual clues surrounding it.
Yes, this. I clicked the share icon in order to show a lnk to the previous post.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
Edit: I see what you're asking now, @Psalm 1 guy : I think in Jefe's case there, he clicked the little "share" icon (to the left of the post# and the bookmark icon) at top-right of the message to get the link to that specific post (you have to click "copy to clipboard" button after clicking it), then you just paste that URL on its own line in your message. I prefer the "quote" function described below though.

Thanks so much for taking the time to educate me on this. I appreciate it!

Reactions: ccdiver
I see this thread is a bit off topic now but Carter will be fine. It has nothing to do with sucking down for Olympic Trials either. But when recovering from illness, it's speedier if you just hydrate and rest rather than try to make weight multiple times a week.
Roids were originally developed to help POWs recover more rapidly after being mistreated in captivity. Maybe they would have a similar effect at helping someone to recover from an illness. This would be a legit medical use and not considered illegal by the powers that be.

Reactions: Split shot

My head is spinning. I still can't figure out how to post a picture. I downloaded Imgur. I feel like I'm looking for the gold on Oak Island 😞

My head is spinning. I still can't figure out how to post a picture. I downloaded Imgur. I feel like I'm looking for the gold on Oak Island 😞
Images are the hardest thing about this board. I loved it that On3 had direct image uploads--but Rivals apparently doesn't want to pay for the storage of all our dank memes and such. That's why you need a different company to host your image (like Imgur), and then you can tell rivals to use that image's "URL" to display, without putting the picture on Rival's servers. It gets tricky, for sure.

Tech support is, in part, my day job. I just had a random idea--we should schedule a board zoom session to cover this stuff w/ a screenshare. This of course assumes you can join a zoom session. If another people like the idea, I'm happy to set something up.

Roids were originally developed to help POWs recover more rapidly after being mistreated in captivity. Maybe they would have a similar effect at helping someone to recover from an illness. This would be a legit medical use and not considered illegal by the powers that be.
Maybe, but I would make damn sure I informed "the powers that be" of this decision prior to implementation of this course of treatment. In writing, with a hard receipt.

Maybe, but I would make damn sure I informed "the powers that be" of this decision prior to implementation of this course of treatment. In writing, with a hard receipt.
Agreed, plus I would get it in writing that the treatment is approved.

On imgur find the photo you want, click on it to open it, hover your cursor over the photo and you will see three white dots appear in the upper right hand of the photo, click on the three dots, then choose "Copy Link", then in the body of your message on this Forum hit Control+v and it should paste the photo. I hope that helps.

Last edited:
I think Nolf is much improved at freestyle today, but two years ago he lost to Carter at World Team Trials in the third-place bout, 4-3. I believe that's the only official match between the two (either freestyle or folkstyle).

That match was at 79kg, which happens to be right at 174 lbs. The potential upcoming match will be at 74kg. Carter had a nice size advantage over Nolf last time, but this time he's likely to be sucked down and Jason will likely be on near full feed.

Reactions: eddy line
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT