ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Vellieux

Moved on? Does the anti-PSU chant still happen at all Pitt athletics contests? Thought so.
If you’re talking about the ‘P-E-N-N-S-T-SUCKS’ chant during the fight song, they removed that part during the Walt Harris days.

As for anything else, I have no clue. We relocated to Kansas City; I haven’t been to a home game in 10 years.

Reactions: Musikprince
If you’re talking about the ‘P-E-N-N-S-T-SUCKS’ chant during the fight song, they removed that part during the Walt Harris days.

As for anything else, I have no clue. We relocated to Kansas City; I haven’t been to a home game in 10 years.

Yep, that has been gone for over 20 years now. Still heard lots of E** S**** Pitt in 2017 and 2019 in State College, however.

I will be rooting for CV to succeed. If he does, great for him. If he doesn't, he will have had his best opportunity at Pitt. It seems that once coaches make decisions, they don't reverse themselves. He wasn't going to get an opportunity here, short of injury.

Hold on there, bucco! The Pitt QB had a pretty bad year. He has a good shot at playing time there.
Jurkevic was already there and will be the starter and don't say Christian didn't know that, and even if he did the theory still goes out the window, remember the theory says "you don't portal unless you are going to be the man", this is the excuse we are hearing if we don't get a portal qb, because I'm sorry but Beau Pribula in year 2 ain't gonna be any more ready than Roberson year 3.

Jurkevic was already there and will be the starter and don't say Christian didn't know that, and even if he did the theory still goes out the window, remember the theory says "you don't portal unless you are going to be the man", this is the excuse we are hearing if we don't get a portal qb, because I'm sorry but Beau Pribula in year 2 ain't gonna be any more ready than Roberson year 3.
He has a far better chance at beating out Jurkevic than he did Allar. And most other QBs at major programs.

If CV can't beat out Phil J, he very likely has ZERO chance of beating out Allar. Also, waiting 1 year to be the guy is better than 2.

Also, if there is a QB out there who doesn't get picked up and or is interested in the idea of competing with Allar (and likely ending up #2), sure, throw a scholly towards him. The issue is, you aren't getting that type of QB who has any merit.

If CV were in the portal with his career stats playing for another school, nobody who cheers for Penn State would have ANY interest in him. He would be a complete unknown commodity. The only thing he has going for him is he's been at Penn State and everybody loves the backup.

If CV can't beat out Phil J, he very likely has ZERO chance of beating out Allar. Also, waiting 1 year to be the guy is better than 2.

Also, if there is a QB out there who doesn't get picked up and or is interested in the idea of competing with Allar (and likely ending up #2), sure, throw a scholly towards him. The issue is, you aren't getting that type of QB who has any merit.

If CV were in the portal with his career stats playing for another school, nobody who cheers for Penn State would have ANY interest in him. He would be a complete unknown commodity. The only thing he has going for him is he's been at Penn State and everybody loves the backup.
Agree on most of your points but Sorry, you don't give up on it just because of these arguments. Pitt got 2 qbs and 1 of them is gonna sit cause u can't play both.

Agree on most of your points but Sorry, you don't give up on it just because of these arguments. Pitt got 2 qbs and 1 of them is gonna sit cause u can't play both.

Pitt doesn't have a starter nor a presumed one of any merit.

Pitt now has a half rate Sean Clifford and the guy who can't beat out Clifford.

It's not giving up to recognize that without flat out lying, we aren't getting a QB in the portal right now. Maybe if one of them overvalues himself and thinks he's getting an offer better than he's got, maybe you lure him in with a roster spot in the spring window.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Hah, a good laugh from delusional Pitt board

Take me a little while for him to de-nit in my mind. But I’ll get there.
"Not me, to leave PsU and come to Pitt shows that he is not a cultist, just a kid looking at going to school and getting a fresh start at a good program."

Many coaching experts here resented playing Clifford because "his ceiling" proved to be 10-2.
So should Allar shit the bed or get hurt.....Franklin must find a guy in the portal who 1. is willing to sit behind Allar until one of the above happens and.... 2. Will be good enough to lead PSU to a better than 10-2 record. 3. As all of this is happening, of course Pribula is happy to twiddle his thumbs at #3. LOL

There goes the theory that no qb wants to transfer to sit a year.
No good quarterback wants to transfer to sit out a year. How will we ever know that CV wasn't told that it was likely he would be #3 by spring?
Getting a QB to transfer to PSU would not be difficult. Getting a quality QB that has the skills to win 9 or more games should Allar get hurt is an entirely different discussion.

Reactions: lazydave841
Hah, a good laugh from delusional Pitt board

"Not me, to leave PsU and come to Pitt shows that he is not a cultist, just a kid looking at going to school and getting a fresh start at a good program."
There ARE people who feel that way, and not just from Pitt. If Sandusky happened at a place like Kent State, their football program would have gotton the death sentence. Southern Methodist had it in 1987. PSU is too big and has too miuch money and influence for that to happen.

There ARE people who feel that way, and not just from Pitt. If Sandusky happened at a place like Kent State, their football program would have gotton the death sentence. Southern Methodist had it in 1987. PSU is too big and has too miuch money and influence for that to happen.
You have to be a moron to think that even if Sandusky did all the things he was accused of, that it had anything to do with the football program. In fact, moron would be the ceiling.
No one associated with the NCAA wants anything to do with cases that WERE ACTUALLY associated with the athletic departments of Ohio State and Michigan......in fact, those crimes were 10x worse than anything that allegedly happened at PSU. Yet, not even a murmur from the NCAA.....death penalty LOL LOL LOL LOL
Someone is eating ass droppings from John Surma, Paul Suhey, Judas Joyner and the rest of the OGBOT misanthropes.

You have to be a moron to think that even if Sandusky did all the things he was accused of, that it had anything to do with the football program. In fact, moron would be the ceiling.
No one associated with the NCAA wants anything to do with cases that WERE ACTUALLY associated with the athletic departments of Ohio State and Michigan......in fact, those crimes were 10x worse than anything that allegedly happened at PSU. Yet, not even a murmur from the NCAA.....death penalty LOL LOL LOL LOL
Someone is eating ass droppings from John Surma, Paul Suhey, Judas Joyner and the rest of the OGBOT misanthropes.
Because what they did to us literally destroyed any power the NCAA ever had.

Money and influence is why 3 of our Big 10 East "brethren" barely got a blip on the national news radar with actual abuse to enrolled student athletes.

Money and influence is why 3 of our Big 10 East "brethren" barely got a blip on the national news radar with actual abuse to enrolled student athletes.
Plus their governors and BOT weren't active participants in trying to destroy their own programs. They actually protected their universities. Imagine that?

Many coaching experts here resented playing Clifford because "his ceiling" proved to be 10-2.
So should Allar shit the bed or get hurt.....Franklin must find a guy in the portal who 1. is willing to sit behind Allar until one of the above happens and.... 2. Will be good enough to lead PSU to a better than 10-2 record. 3. As all of this is happening, of course Pribula is happy to twiddle his thumbs at #3. LOL
Don’t worry, after Allar has a bad series, some on here will be calling for Pribula to be QB1.

Don’t worry, after Allar has a bad series, some on here will be calling for Pribula to be QB1.
Yep, throw him in there.....let's see what he can do.
We can't trust the coaches to evaluate them in practices (that are conveniently held in private). LOL

It happened in the building where the football players showered. Paterno and company knew about this. That is indeed the football program. Whatever happens at Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State ultimately is with the Big Ten AND the governors of those states. I do not know the specifics of what happened there, but they are in the same category as PSU, as opposed to Southern Methodist University. It is ALL CORRUPT.

It happened in the building where the football players showered. Paterno and company knew about this. That is indeed the football program. Whatever happens at Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State ultimately is with the Big Ten AND the governors of those states. I do not know the specifics of what happened there, but they are in the same category as PSU, as opposed to Southern Methodist University. It is ALL CORRUPT.
So one former coach committed a crime that was reported to the coach in a very vague way…..and that coach reported it to the admin as required by current NCAA rules…..and he is a bad guy. Meanwhile, around the same time, Pitt had Foge Fazio who recruited enough criminals to rival the U at their worst. There was a Pitt player arrested once a month for a couple years.

To quote Elon……you live in a glass house.

You should quit while you are behind - you don't know the facts and are just making yourself look even more stupid - go back to the Liar with the rest of the jagoffs and keep calling everyone a Nitter idiot.

Removed how…still happens all the time.

Christian is chasing his dream. To do this with a transfer to Pitt is unfathomable as a Penn Stater. He is no longer one of us. Either win the job at PSU or enjoy the ride as a backup. There is no honorable transfer to Pitt - ever! If he succeeds, he will known as a Pitter success not a Penn Stater. I'm one for loyalty and making the best of a situation you committed to. Either you have it, or are destined, or you don't. To bail just for seemingly greener pastures is shallow and shows a lack of commitment to a school and a program.

Christian is chasing his dream. To do this with a transfer to Pitt is unfathomable as a Penn Stater. He is no longer one of us. Either win the job at PSU or enjoy the ride as a backup. There is no honorable transfer to Pitt - ever! If he succeeds, he will known as a Pitter success not a Penn Stater. I'm one for loyalty and making the best of a situation you committed to. Either you have it, or are destined, or you don't. To bail just for seemingly greener pastures is shallow and shows a lack of commitment to a school and a program.
Talk.about being selfish and delusional

Yeah, am quite sure you would never transfer to pursue your dream of playing in the NFL and would forgo the chance of a multimillion dollar contract….all out of loyalty to a university.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
LOL.....If I slept in a bed that Marilyn Monroe once occupied....did I sleep with her?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT