ADVERTISEMENT

CK talk/results/etc

Many Michigan guys stumbling out of the gate, maybe that's part of the story.

Yeah, and my comment wasn't necessarily specific to health. Could be stuff happening between the ears, for all we know.

So decent tournament for Taylor Lamont. Edges AA Sean Russell with a late 2nd takedown on the edge, 4-3.

Pletcher handling Tarao pretty easily (9-2 final), while Mueller goes to town on DeSanto from top. I'll have to watch that Mueller Tarao match later because I wouldn't have expected that at all, especially from what I'm seeing from both guys right now.

Mueller will finish with over 6 minutes of riding time against DeSanto. 7-0.

Yianni's already beat Alber this year, 5-2.
Yianni beautiful low single, up 2-1. Yianni chin whips from bottom in second, up 3-1 in second. Up 5-1 after another low single. Going to the third, Alber starts down and gets the escape, 5-2. Yianni converts a scramble, up 7-2 with riding time now. Finishes 8-2.

Chad Red Bryce Meredith for third place, the match many figured would be the final.
Meredith wins 5-3 in a match that was close late.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
I guess people have lives? *taps mic* This thing on?

Oliver Heilmann is a good one, 7-6 Oliver in third but Heilmann coming back after going down early. Oliver gets a big late TD, up 9-6 with :30 left. And, that's how it ends.

Hayes and Thomsen both get a takedown and an escape but Hayes riding time point is difference, 4-3.

Pantaleo Micah Jordan at 157 and Berger Shields for 3rd place.

Pantaleo stops a weak shot by Micah and kind of pancakes, goes up 2-1. Micah starts on bottom, gets the E1, tied 2-2 in second. E1 Pantaleo ito start third, then a real nice inside single, followed by a suckback that almost ends in a fall. 10-3 final.

Shields beats Berger 6-4.

Last edited:
I guess people have lives? *taps mic* This thing on?

Oliver Heilmann is a good one, 7-6 Oliver in third but Heilmann coming back after going down early. Oliver gets a big late TD, up 9-6 with :30 left. And, that's how it ends.

Hayes and Thomsen both get a takedown and an escape but Hayes riding time point is difference, 4-3.
I was watching wrestling for a few minutes, and you go all verbose on us. No life here, just sitting around waiting for my Boston butt to finish up for tomorrow.

Reactions: tikk10
Wick with perhaps the upset of the year thus far over Massa, facing McFadden. McFadden gets the TD after a long scramble. E1, Wick a bit overconfident in a scramble makes a mistake as McFadden suddenly turns in and sticks Wick. Gorilla Hulk pleased in corner.

Yianni's already beat Alber this year, 5-2.
Yianni beautiful low single, up 2-1. Yianni chin whips from bottom in second, up 3-1 in second. Up 5-1 after another low single. Going to the third, Alber starts down and gets the escape, 5-2. Yianni converts a scramble, up 7-2 with riding time now. Finishes 8-2.

Chad Red Bryce Meredith for third place, the match many figured would be the final.
Meredith wins 5-3 in a match that was close late.

Free Nick Lee. That Yianni result not so shabby in light of subsequent events

Te-Shan Isaiah White rematch of quarters which Te-Shan took, but White is up here 3-0 at end of second. Campbell having problems getting out in third, nice ride by White, gets riding time up over minute. Campbell finally gets out but it's way too late, riding time locked, and that's how it'll end. 4-1.

Bo and Zahid. Zahid tries a double from outer space, doesn't happen. But such crazy reach he has. Low single, Zahid converts. HOLY wow, Zahid with a suckback, which brings our total to two (2) Jordan brothers nearly pinned with the same move. 6-1 after 1, :45 riding time for Zahid.
Bo doing a good job riding Zahid in second but a tilt seems unlikely. Now Zahid is out, 7-1.
Zahid slowing down a bit, Bo needs blood time, which seems like a favor to Zahid.
Bo goes upper body and nearly gets Zahid on his back, settles for the 2. Tom Ryan went a bit nuts about ref calling out of bounds but it was pretty clear. E1 Zahid, 8-3.
Bo gets out to start third, down 8-4. Bo gets a big TD, but there's a challenge. Not sure why. Zahid looking a bit wobbly. TD confirmed, 8-6. Zahid on bottom, most of third remaining. E1, 9-6. Bo gets in on a leg but can't do anything with it. Zahid doing a lot of backing up. Stall call seems near. :39 secs.
Stall call never comes, Zahid holds on but reveals a big gas tank problem. 9-6.

Lujan Amine for third. 11-8 Amine, will try to watch this later.

Last edited:
Bo and Zahid. Zahid tries a double from outer space, doesn't happen. But such crazy reach he has. Low single, Zahid converts. HOLY wow, Zahid with a suckback, which brings our total to two (2) Jordan brothers nearly pinned with the same move. 6-1 after 1, :45 riding time for Zahid.
Bo doing a good job riding Zahid in second but a tilt seems unlikely. Now Zahid is out, 7-1.
Zahid slowing down a bit, Bo needs blood time, which seems like a favor to Zahid.
Bo goes upper body and nearly gets Zahid on his back, settles for the 2. Tom Ryan went a bit nuts about ref calling out of bounds but it was pretty clear. E1 Zahid, 8-3.
Bo gets out to start third, down 8-4. Bo gets a big TD, but there's a challenge. Not sure why.

Lujan Amine for third. 11-8 Amine, will try to watch this later.
There's a challenge because Zahid needed a lunger timeout. Such BS.

Myles and Abounader, nice job by DA fighting off a double with a whizzer. And then again Martin can't convert a deep single but DA fights it off with a whizzer. Martin looks bigger every time I see him. DA on bottom, gets out goes up 2-0 (penalty point I guess?).
Martin gets to the legs again and this time converts. 2-2. DA finally escapes but riding time 1:17, so 3-2 DA lead is effectively tied.
Martin goes underneath to start third, quickly gets out and preserves riding time point. Now MM goes behind, up 5-3.
DA out, 5-4 but riding time locked. Now Myles gets another 2 and it's all but over. 8-5 final.

Meanwhile the other Taylor having a cinderalla-ish day, Venz, is up 6-2 over Zavatsky. Final 8-3.

Last edited:
Oh wait didn't he give Logan Stieber a lung timeout for a bogus locked hands call against Retherford? Yep.

Its ok when his son takes a lung timeout though. Screw you Ryan. Barely shook Zahids hand afterwards and turned your back on him. No class.
There is ALWAYS some sneaky crap with Ryan....I would never want my son wrestling for him....Just the opposite type of man and value system of Cael ! Thank God we have him....

Venz got destroyed by Martin but ended up with 3rd and wrestled otherwise a good tournament beating 4 ranked wrestlers. Two falls over ranked wrestlers and an 9-3 decision over Zavstsky and an 8-3 decision over Robertson

Its ok when his son takes a lung timeout though. Screw you Ryan. Barely shook Zahids hand afterwards and turned your back on him. No class.

Ryan does that after Bo shakes Z's hand and says 'good job'. No class by Ryan at all.

Not much happening in Coon Hall, Coon up 1-0 early second. Hall ceding some pounds to Coon, who is still massive.
Hall locked upper body on Coon but they waltzed out of bounds. I think Hall would lose that exchange.
Hall starts third on bottom.
Beautiful roll from underneath by Hall, manages to grab Coon's feet and turn it into 2. Hall up 2-1 but Coon gets out and it's tied 2-2 in third.
Zeke just throwing challenge cubes again, to see if Hall deserved 2 on the go-behind.
SV, Hall shoots off whistle, Coon immediately counters, Coon wins 4-2. Nice match though.

Last edited:
I love Coach Ryan... Think he’s building something special out there in Columbus. And this is wrestling, who cares about morals and values. Cael? Well he’s a fool...

Oh yeah, and God is fake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT