ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Open and Other News...

I think the other guy should cut to 133. I hear he walks around at 142.
Good to hear! I'm with you then: Koethe at 133 and Alber at 141! Problem solved.

Glad to see, by the way, that we have another strident and rabid UNI fan on this board who cares about UNI's success!

Agree. This is getting exhausting, and as with ALL discussions about walk-around weights and cutting - is pointless.

Nobody on here knows the specifics about weights unless they are staring at the scale. Heck, many times the coaches, families, and even the WRESTLERS are inaccurate in statements and/or projections. @Ban Basketball @west2east I've told the story multiple times about a D1 wrestler in my family that I've gone round and round with on what he's going to wrestle this year, what he's going to weigh in after practice, what his walking around weight is, etc. Not arguments, but friendly banter because sometimes his statements are ridiculous. He's a kid - or young man - and often the reality in their mind is the reality they are hoping or wishing for - this is not a purposely deceptive thing. And that's not unique to him in my experience. I deal with a lot of wrestlers and sometimes have access to their weigh-ins and it's fairly common. Statements in an interview, statements from people close to wrestlers, statements from coaches - all need to be taken with a large grain of salt.

And the "eye-test" is just as inaccurate. I do it myself, everyone does, but your odds of being right on the eye test are about the same as a coin coming up heads rather than tails.
Agree 100% about the eyeball test . I was around Josh at many tournaments in his high school days.I remember him weighing in at like 148 for a tournament in the summer of 2014 before he went to UNI he actually lost at that tournament.Ban believes he's a 133 and thinks he would've more success at 133.I believe 133 is a big cut.We will agree to disagree.

Agree 100% about the eyeball test . I was around Josh at many tournaments in his high school days.I remember him weighing in at like 148 for a tournament in the summer of 2014 before he went to UNI he actually lost at that tournament.Ban believes he's a 133 and thinks he would've more success at 133.I believe 133 is a big cut.We will agree to disagree.
I've found a suitable solution! Read post #244 above. I'd have zero problem with that (but 133 would be impossible for Koethe).

Ban, I really appreciate that attitude in real life! But on the internet, I feel like it can only lead to at best exhaustion, and at worst a feeling that everyone is always ganging up on you (even when it is demonstrably NOT everyone). You don’t seem like the type to take advice on a forum, but I do believe your blood pressure might improve if you could modify your “defend self at all turns” approach when the venue for remarks is a buncha anonymous wrestling ninnies.
As an aside, if you use Google play or some other streaming service, I have been meaning to recommend to you an EP by Caitlin Cary, who played with the band Whiskeytown (Ryan Adams' first band). The EP is called Waltzie and it will pleasantly almost creep you out as to how Sandy Denny influenced it is. In fact, she even does Withered and Died on it. You'll love it!

Reactions: nerfstate
As an aside, if you use Google play or some other streaming service, I have been meaning to recommend to you an EP by Caitlin Cary, who played with the band Whiskeytown (Ryan Adams' first band). The EP is called Waltzie and it will pleasantly almost creep you out as to how Sandy Denny influenced it is. In fact, she even does Withered and Died on it. You'll love it!
Nice! Digging it right now. Quid Pro Quo: check out my friend Meg Baird, especially the Seasons On Earth album.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT