ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Open and Other News...

Rutgers Male Athlete of the Year ready to “Do what I do” at 133.
Discuss

3QGU.gif

I realize I can look this up, but does anyone know how the D9 kids, Zacherl and Delong from Clarion did? I've seen both go against my elder son numerous times and I'm a fan of both.

I realize I can look this up, but does anyone know how the D9 kids, Zacherl and Delong from Clarion did? I've seen both go against my elder son numerous times and I'm a fan of both.
No idea. For some reason I go to Flo arena, pull up brackets and it appears the results are from some other year.

Found results on Clarion's website. Zacherl took the 149 pound title and Delong took 2nd after 3 majors got him to the finals where he lost to a Kent State kid. Thanks for those who posted results before I could find them.

No elk this season but nice to see our young guys having such good results. Stay healthy fellas.

Did see 16 moose though.

Reactions: Crunched
I think by virtue of the score--that has to be an encouraging result for Steiert. He can hang with the guys at the top. Moran pinning Alber is interesting too.
True regarding Steiert.

Alber has no business being at 141. I realized that at midseason last year. He'd be much better at 133, and he doesn't even have a big cut to get to 133. In his own words, he just simply didn't want to cut weight anymore, which is fine, but if you are wrestling as a shell of your former self, it's time to reevaluate.

Last edited:
Reactions: nerfstate
i can assure you that all of the above will be discussed. though to be frank, i don't agree w/ some of them.

i can also assure you that i've already brought some of these things up to the developers before and that a redesign is coming sometime in 2019.

and finally, i can assure you that nothing every gets done as fast as i wish haha.
BTW--the new sidebar with faceted filters on individual events on Flo (not arena)--those are awesome, and much needed since the last major redesign.

True regarding Steiert.

Alber has no business being at 141. I realized that at midseason last year. He'd be much better at 133, and he doesn't even have a big cut to get to 133. In his own words, he just simply didn't want to cut weight anymore, which is fine, but if you are wrestling as a shell of your former self, it's time to reevaluate.
Albers cut to 133 is a big cut.Alber is a big weight cutter always has been so when he says he doesn't want to cut to 133 it's not like he's 150 cutting to 133 it's more like 160 cutting to 133.So Alber is still cutting to get to 141 probably more then most 141 are

Yes I'm aware 141 to 133 is 8 lbs.Did you happen to read the article where he says it's not like I walk around at 141.Not here to argue with you was just stating what I know
Some people feel that because they have more bricks in one thing, they have more bricks in everything.

Some people feel that because they have more bricks in one thing, they have more bricks in everything.
Point out where I'm wrong, especially given the fact that west2east said that "Alber has always cut a lot of weight," when Alber, himself, said in the article that he never cut weight until college.

Disprove me, my boy! I'm an honest man and I'll admit where I'm wrong.

Point out where I'm wrong, especially given the fact that west2east said that "Alber has always cut a lot of weight," when Alber, himself, said in the article that he never cut weight until college.

According to the Trackwrestling "weight management" feature, he weighed somewhere between 149.1 and 157 pounds for his certification.

None of the discussion was about how long Alber has been cutting. It was about whether he was cutting from 141 to 133 or more.

west2east: Alber's cut to 133 is a big cut.
You: Baloney. He was cutting 8 pounds: 141 to 133. (See, you never mentioned anything about how long he's been cutting, until now.)

From the article: "“They were cool with it, said whatever you feel will make you wrestle your best is where we want you to be,” Alber said. “You still have to be disciplined with what you eat. It is not like I walk around at 141 pounds. But I feel different. I’m not always drained. I don’t have to focus on making a cut until four or five days out instead of seven or eight days in a row of going hard."

Clearly, he walks around at more than 141. At 141, he was focused on cutting for seven or eight days to get to 133, instead of the four or five that it takes him now to get to 141. So, he was cutting more than 8 pounds, despite your carnival trick ability to determine one's weight by "seeing him over the summer months."

Where you were most wrong, IMO, was this declaration in an earlier, "Alber has no business being at 141." Alber and his coaches are the only people that can make that determination, not some random internet fan with a self-inflated wheelbarrow of bricks. If the kid is miserable pulling down to 133 and wants the sport that he loves to be fun for him again, WTF do you think you are to try to make that determination for him, my boy?

None of the discussion was about how long Alber has been cutting. It was about whether he was cutting from 141 to 133 or more.

west2east: Alber's cut to 133 is a big cut.
You: Baloney. He was cutting 8 pounds: 141 to 133. (See, you never mentioned anything about how long he's been cutting, until now.)

From the article: "“They were cool with it, said whatever you feel will make you wrestle your best is where we want you to be,” Alber said. “You still have to be disciplined with what you eat. It is not like I walk around at 141 pounds. But I feel different. I’m not always drained. I don’t have to focus on making a cut until four or five days out instead of seven or eight days in a row of going hard."

Clearly, he walks around at more than 141. At 141, he was focused on cutting for seven or eight days to get to 133, instead of the four or five that it takes him now to get to 141. So, he was cutting more than 8 pounds, despite your carnival trick ability to determine one's weight by "seeing him over the summer months."

Where you were most wrong, IMO, was this declaration in an earlier, "Alber has no business being at 141." Alber and his coaches are the only people that can make that determination, not some random internet fan with a self-inflated wheelbarrow of bricks. If the kid is miserable pulling down to 133 and wants the sport that he loves to be fun for him again, WTF do you think you are to try to make that determination for him, my boy?
Yeah, and he's been how successful at 141, vis a vis 133, which is how all of this conversation started? 8 pounds isn't much of a cut, given that he was so much better at 133.

I'm an "INTERNET FAN?" Missed three home duals in 22 years as a season ticket holder, my boy. You?

Yeah, and he's been how successful at 141, vis a vis 133, which is how all of this conversation started? 8 pounds isn't much of a cut, given that he was so much better at 133.

I'm an "INTERNET FAN?" Missed three home duals in 22 years as a season ticket holder, my boy. You?
Is that an admission of being wrong, or a second movement of goalposts? Although you did just double down on his cut only being eight pounds, so I'm guessing it's goalpost moving.

Is that an admission of being wrong, or a second movement of goalposts? Although you did just double down on his cut only being eight pounds, so I'm guessing it's goalpost moving.
Someone just posted that he cuts from just over 150, which certainly isn't 160.

Why would I move goalposts for anything? It isn't that important to me, and my life doesn't depend on how well I can predict how Alber cuts weight. My bigger concern is that he wrestle at a weight that is effective for him, and 141 isn't the weight. Already has been pinned at it this year.

Someone just posted that he cuts from just over 150, which certainly isn't 160.

Why would I move goalposts for anything? It isn't that important to me, and my life doesn't depend on how well I can predict how Alber cuts weight. My bigger concern is that he wrestle at a weight that is effective for him, and 141 isn't the weight. Already has been pinned at it this year.

His record at 133: 49-19 (72%)
His record at 141: 26-9 (74%)

The last time he wrestled at 133 in the Grandview Open (11/05/16) he was pinned by unranked Jacob Colon of Grandview in 1:18.

Reactions: danoftw
His record at 133: 49-19 (72%)
His record at 141: 26-9 (74%)

The last time he wrestled at 133 in the Grandview Open (11/05/16) he was pinned by unranked Jacob Colon of Grandview in 1:18.
He'd be better for the team and himself at 133. Trust me; I'll admit if he's doing well at 141. He's not.

Don't take it the wrong way, Ban.

I'm not bothered by it, simply because I don't get it (as I keep saying: I'm an idiot), but it's also fair to say that I've lost my sense of humor on here a while back, so I'm likely not going to take well to any ribbing at my expense.

I'm not anyone's enemy, I just hold differing views from time to time, which is why my signature says what it does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT