ADVERTISEMENT

Collegiate Duals 2.0

Brooks got caught. It happens...

...but it won't happen again.

Better it happen in December than March. He will see Coleman again and that match will look very different from this one. History shows that with Brooks.

Oh by the way Max is back.

Two really good observations.

Let us be reminded that Brooks took care of Amine on the big stage after losing on the small one.

Just a friendly reminder that if you don’t plan on keeping Rokfin as a paid subscription, go cancel tonight before you go to sleep.

I should. Bitches wanted to pimp me for 15 bucks on top of the monthly fee.

All I wanted to do is watch on my new 65" 3 grand Sony A95K....... lol....

Reactions: Hotshoe
Love AB. Never thought I’d see him lose another college match. Just goes to show anyone could take an L. Feel bad for Coleman if they meet again.

Feel good about Van Ness. Not concerned. RBY is so good in every position it’s wild how much he’s progressed each year. Little Beau going to be in every match, looks strong for the weight and always in control. Carter was off tonight it happens. Facundo solid defensively but can’t see him scoring on Carr if they wrestled 2 more times. I hope Levi is our guy at 157. Steen..we’ll, tough 2 days.

MAD MAX!! Total control!! Nice win!

Enjoy the holidays boys!

Carter being interviewed by JB now--JB says he has the February rematch w/ Washington circled on his calendar, Carters, says "so do I."
Carter should be the post-game interview every time. This is hilarious.

Not the least of which: We peak in the postseason, Iowa State peaked today. It'll be fun to see us improve while they decline.

Biggest surprise for me on the PSU side was Dean beating Bastida 4-1. I actually thought Bastida was a horrible matchup for Max especially on the feet. Felt like Max was going to have to win it on the mat. People think Bastida is still horrible on bottom but he has improved a ton. Wrestling is such a crazy sport. Max wins on his feet and Bastida gets out from bottom.
I feel great about our freshman and that includes Levi. SVN wins that match going forward I think. Facundo showed well. Carr absolutely ran through Kennedy in the Iowa dual so only giving up 1 Td to Carr is impressive. Now the coaches have very specific things they can work on for next time. I think after this weekend you have to pull Levi’s shirt. Bearclaw is good but Levi is just better and has a better chance of placing

I’m still not sure about Levi. Look at RBY freshman year and now. Not sure I want to take away later years Levi for Levi-now. I’m not sure I see difference making points this year.

I’m on board, but want to hear more. Continue…
Because Bartlett, SVN and facundo are going to place. I didn’t see facundo doing this well. Thought he would struggle offensively. But his pace (and SVN) are going to be a huge weapon come end of the season.

Bartlett looks like a for sure top 5.

And Haines? He could just be bonus. Kerk daddy is the clear #1.

Biggest surprise for me on the PSU side was Dean beating Bastida 4-1. I actually thought Bastida was a horrible matchup for Max especially on the feet. Felt like Max was going to have to win it on the mat. People think Bastida is still horrible on bottom but he has improved a ton. Wrestling is such a crazy sport. Max wins on his feet and Bastida gets out from bottom.
I feel great about our freshman and that includes Levi. SVN wins that match going forward I think. Facundo showed well. Carr absolutely ran through Kennedy in the Iowa dual so only giving up 1 Td to Carr is impressive. Now the coaches have very specific things they can work on for next time. I think after this weekend you have to pull Levi’s shirt. Bearclaw is good but Levi is just better and has a better chance of placing
Pretty much my take too. I knew Alex would have a very hard time beating Carr--but I was curious if his elite D was elite enough to slow him down, and it definitely was. Carr works for finishes so well, and only got one on Alex. Will it be enough to place in a stacked weight? I think it might. SVN can totally win that match again. I think Levi is getting better the more work he gets.

Reactions: mcpat and zzs006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT