ADVERTISEMENT

Comparative scores that might be relevant

Sportfan2017

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2017
Puritin from Nebraska( Pinned Verk ) defeated an unranked kid from Michigan State 3-2 in Nebraska

Peyton Robb ( Defeated Pipher 5-3)lost to Jake Tucker of Michigan State 7-5 at home in Nebraska.

Schultz ( who defeated Shak 3-1) Defeated unranked May.....3-2

Caffey of Michigan State defeated Venz at Nebraska ( 11-6) Venz defeated Brooks 9-5

Reality check...….should we ignore it? I would say No......but still be optimistic. Definitely going to need improvement in the next 2 months

Puritin from Nebraska( Pinned Verk ) defeated an unranked kid from Michigan State 3-2 in Nebraska

Peyton Robb ( Defeated Pipher 5-3)lost to Jake Tucker of Michigan State 7-5 at home in Nebraska.

Schultz ( who defeated Shak 3-1) Defeated unranked May.....3-2

Caffey of Michigan State defeated Venz at Nebraska ( 11-6) Venz defeated Brooks 9-5

Reality check...….should we ignore it? I would say No......but still be optimistic. Definitely going to need improvement in the next 2 months

Ignore it. Using the transitive property in wrestling is a fools errand.

Ignore it. Using the transitive property in wrestling is a fools errand.

Well.....clearly I fit any reference to 'Fool". But in this case I think you have to admit that:
1. Not much in the way of points coming from 125...big ten or NCAA's
2. Not much if any points coming for 149....certainly few bonus if any wins at all.
3. Not many....if any coming out of 157 ( considering no Berge ). And that would include anyone advancing to NCAA's
4. Shak currently deserves a ranking about 18-20.....Not projecting many points at Big 10's or Ncaa's
5. Brooks has potential but maybe a fringe 7-16 place finisher at this time. Iowa match is huge for him. Very tough in Carver Arena to beat Assad....but I am hopefull.

Well.....clearly I fit any reference to 'Fool". But in this case I think you have to admit that:
1. Not much in the way of points coming from 125...big ten or NCAA's
2. Not much if any points coming for 149....certainly few bonus if any wins at all.
3. Not many....if any coming out of 157 ( considering no Berge ). And that would include anyone advancing to NCAA's
4. Shak currently deserves a ranking about 18-20.....Not projecting many points at Big 10's or Ncaa's
5. Brooks has potential but maybe a fringe 7-16 place finisher at this time. Iowa match is huge for him. Very tough in Carver Arena to beat Assad....but I am hopefull.

I wasn't trying to say that you personally were a fool. More that you shouldn't put much stock into scores of other results. For example:

Peyton Robb lost to Hayden Hidlay 3-2.

Taylor Venz 8-7 loss to Zahid, and has pinned both DePerez and Darmstadt.

Schultz beat Warner, who beat Brucki.

Too many A>B>C>A situations out there.

Basically, unless a wrestler is undefeated, you could pick and choose results to make a case for pretty much any wrestler to beat(or lose, depending on your argument) anyone else.

I wasn't trying to say that you personally were a fool. More that you shouldn't put much stock into scores of other results. For example:

Peyton Robb lost to Hayden Hidlay 3-2.

Taylor Venz 8-7 loss to Zahid, and has pinned both DePerez and Darmstadt.

Schultz beat Warner, who beat Brucki.

Too many A>B>C>A situations out there.

Basically, unless a wrestler is undefeated, you could pick and choose results to make a case for pretty much any wrestler to beat(or lose, depending on your argument) anyone else.

Not to mention the psychological challenge of getting up for MSU two days after you lose your super bowl dual by 2 points.

Reading too much into a single dual -- especially when much of the team appears to deviate from the norm, is not usually a good read.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT