ADVERTISEMENT

Cynthia Baldwin D Board Hearing in Pittsburgh

wensilver

Dec 9, 2012
Briefly, I am curious if anyone here plans to sit at Baldwin's hearing on May 22 & 23 at the D4 offices at 437 Grant Street, The Frick Buidling, Pittsburgh. 9:30 AM. It is open to the public. I'd love a first hand account of what went on. I did find Stacy Parks-Miller's hearing helpful in understanding the process & putting a face to these people.

I'd like to hear how Sam Napoli argues his case against Baldwin. He was a hard guy to get anything out of over the phone. Interestingly, Baldwin is still pointing to a "conspiracy" by the Admins to bolster her argument.

A "conspiracy" that was tossed out of court last year by a jury. Baldwin needs to blame McGettigan and Fina for her travails. They were advised NOT to use her in their case "strategery" because it stank, and they did it anyway.

And here we are.

Thanks.

Briefly, I am curious if anyone here plans to sit at Baldwin's hearing on May 22 & 23 at the D4 offices at 437 Grant Street, The Frick Buidling, Pittsburgh. 9:30 AM. It is open to the public. I'd love a first hand account of what went on. I did find Stacy Parks-Miller's hearing helpful in understanding the process & putting a face to these people.

I'd like to hear how Sam Napoli argues his case against Baldwin. He was a hard guy to get anything out of over the phone. Interestingly, Baldwin is still pointing to a "conspiracy" by the Admins to bolster her argument.

A "conspiracy" that was tossed out of court last year by a jury. Baldwin needs to blame McGettigan and Fina for her travails. They were advised NOT to use her in their case "strategery" because it stank, and they did it anyway.

And here we are.

Thanks.
Isn't there a spot waiting for her 2nd tour of duty on the PA Supreme Court, esteemed jurist that she is?

Reactions: 91Joe95
I’d like to hear her explain how her representing Tim Curley and Penn State was not an obvious conflict of interest but, as the Irishman said, never attribute to conspiracy anything that can be explained by incompetence.

giphy.gif

I see that Cindy is actually the victim in this case......
'committed no violations, and if anything, Baldwin was made a victim of Spanier, Curley and Schultz's actions.'

Reactions: ChiTownLion
"LurkerLazarus, post: 3471972, member: 84922"]They are going to see that she's retired anyhow, so nothing matters. We've seen this movie, or other variations of it, too many times.

If anyone REALLY wanted to get to any "Truth" vav Baldwin:

1) CSS woulda' probably had to file criminal malpractice claims.
Really, really difficult to win - and the odds would have been stacked pretty high - but that would have at least provided a venue to expose some truth, even in a "losing" battle..
CS, of course, made it all moot from their end when they pled guilty.

or

2) The content of the "Freeh File" would have to be discussed.
That wouldn't - of course - have led to any legal findings..... but it surely woulda', coulda' exposed the actual "Truth" vav Baldwin (among numerous other issues).
But that ain't gonna' happen either (Hell, the entire topic even gets scrubbed from this board - - - even though it was purported to be the "Most Important Event" of the entire fiasco).

In any event, ain't no one - at the top of the food chain, down to even the relative peons - wants any of that stuff to see the light of day.[/QUOTE]

Please don't give Charlie Thompson any clicks.

From the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette:

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...ham-Spanier-Gary-Schultz/stories/201805220097

I understand that Fina took the stand and testified that the OAG had the Schultz files.

Which we ALL have known for years - but Louis Freeh still insists to this day that those emails were the most critical piece of evidence he and his team uncovered during their investigation.

Bruce Beemer is testifying too I believe.

Last edited:
Please don't give Charlie Thompson any clicks.

From the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette:

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...ham-Spanier-Gary-Schultz/stories/201805220097

I understand that Fina took the stand and testified that the OAG had the Schultz files.

Which we ALL have known for years - but Louis Freeh still insists to this day that those emails were the most critical piece of evidence he and his team uncovered during their investigation.

Bruce Beemer is testifying too I believe.
LOL, was Fina sworn to tell the truth?

Reactions: 91Joe95
Some highlights from today as I understand them.

Sam Napoli opens with his statement and gets right to it.

DeMonaco (Baldwin's lawyer) went on talking about himself.

Napoli stated that Baldwin did not adequately or efficently disclose the facts and her COI of representing PSU and CSS.

DeMonaco kept citing the Freeh report.

DeMonaco said CSS pointed the finger at Baldwin, Superior Court broke the law with their ruling, Kane was bad. Everyone is at fault except for Baldwin.

A professor was the expert witness. He explained Upjohn, and at no time did Baldwin make that clear to CSS and she had ample opportunities to do so.

They tried defending Baldwin with the fraud CSS placed on her, that CSS lied. The professor then explained that Baldwin got into the Grand Jury room - and she shouldn't have.

Beemer is slow to answer and looks dense after the professor's testimony.

Fina went on about Sandusky and is about as boring as Beemer. He said McQueary saw anal rape.

Fina is a shitty witness.

That's interesting when one considers the fact McQueary himself never said he saw anal rape and Sundusky was found not guilty of that.

This article is poorly written but highlights the confusion as to what happened that night in Lasch. According to this, Mike describes a scenario where the most logical conclusion is that a rape is occuring, but he never commits and actually uses the word rape. And here’s where the disconnect comes in for me: Did Mike describe what he saw in detail to Shultz and Curley (we know he didn’t with Joe per Mike’s own testimony), or did he just share that with the Grand Jury? I just don’t think Mike told any of Shultz, Spanier, his dad, or Dranov what is reported in this article, otherwise they would have told him to phone the police or they would have done it themselves. After all, Dranov is a mandatory reporter and to date hasn’t been charged with anything. So Mike doesn’t tell anyone he’s sure Sandusky was raping a child, but then 10 years or so later tells that to a grand jury? He’s okay for all those years seeing Sandusky at golf tournaments and knowing that he hasn’t been arrested or, to his knowledge, even investigated by the police??? This is the part of it that I just can’t make sense of.

https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...ublic-account-what-he-saw-sandusky-do/334170/

Some highlights from today as I understand them.

Sam Napoli opens with his statement and gets right to it.

DeMonaco (Baldwin's lawyer) went on talking about himself.

Napoli stated that Baldwin did not adequately or efficently disclose the facts and her COI of representing PSU and CSS.

DeMonaco kept citing the Freeh report.

DeMonaco said CSS pointed the finger at Baldwin, Superior Court broke the law with their ruling, Kane was bad. Everyone is at fault except for Baldwin.

A professor was the expert witness. He explained Upjohn, and at no time did Baldwin make that clear to CSS and she had ample opportunities to do so.

They tried defending Baldwin with the fraud CSS placed on her, that CSS lied. The professor then explained that Baldwin got into the Grand Jury room - and she shouldn't have.

Beemer is slow to answer and looks dense after the professor's testimony.

Fina went on about Sandusky and is about as boring as Beemer. He said McQueary saw anal rape.

Fina is a shitty witness.
Please excuse my language, but Fina needs to get his head out of his @ss.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and alton11
This article is poorly written but highlights the confusion as to what happened that night in Lasch. According to this, Mike describes a scenario where the most logical conclusion is that a rape is occuring, but he never commits and actually uses the word rape. And here’s where the disconnect comes in for me: Did Mike describe what he saw in detail to Shultz and Curley (we know he didn’t with Joe per Mike’s own testimony), or did he just share that with the Grand Jury? I just don’t think Mike told any of Shultz, Spanier, his dad, or Dranov what is reported in this article, otherwise they would have told him to phone the police or they would have done it themselves. After all, Dranov is a mandatory reporter and to date hasn’t been charged with anything. So Mike doesn’t tell anyone he’s sure Sandusky was raping a child, but then 10 years or so later tells that to a grand jury? He’s okay for all those years seeing Sandusky at golf tournaments and knowing that he hasn’t been arrested or, to his knowledge, even investigated by the police??? This is the part of it that I just can’t make sense of.

https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...ublic-account-what-he-saw-sandusky-do/334170/
.....According to this, Mike describes a scenario where the most logical conclusion is that a rape is occurring, but he never commits and actually uses the word rape....
Here is TWO of the key issues throughout the TSM-Sandusky Scandal:
  • The ability to hide the details of an event by having many years between the event and the testimony given
  • The ability to create speculative mis-information based upon a current "reading" of what could have happened years before
This Time-Bias feature created by a 10 year event being reconstructed is at the core of this scandal - AND - this feature was NOT AN ACCIDENT!

The OAG who crafted all of this and the actions taken by the State of PA in all its dealings with Penn State over the past 7+ years strongly validates that what is "public knowledge" - the core of this "Story" - is based upon the above Time-bias principals.

The article quoted concerning MM's testimony was December 2011 - a period in time when the State of PA held all the information "hostage" concerning Sandusky and Penn State via its unlawful use of the Grand Jury process - it was based on this limited, and known to be manipulated, set of facts.

However, even in 2011 with the unique benefits to control information, the State could not hide the fact that MM testimony only "assumed" there was "a rape". Also, remember...this was, based on OAG statements, the rape of someone "...known but to God..." involving a public figure (Sandusky) who AT THE TIME had no reason to be questioned as to general criminal activity.

The creation in the public's mind that the investigated and closed 1997 event should have been the trigger for the OAG's assertion of criminal activity is nothing more than a construction SELECTIVELY created to support - not the law - but to support their "Story" and out-side of the law objective.

Today...a better way of uncovering what REALLY happened with MM's testimony is not the testimony itself. Time- biasing and OAG manipulation POSSIBILITIES should have alerted everyone that a better method of "getting MM's message" would be to examine the ACTIONS of everyone who MM spoke to in 2001. In 2001 no one acted like a crime was being reported or committed. Numerous unconnected persons confirmed this fact BY THEIR TESTIMONIES AND ACTIONS universally exhibited in 2001.

The actions taken in 2001 is the real testimony. The OAG engineered "Story" only can exist when these action confirmed facts are ignored. The "Story" the OAG created and was sold to the public and is how a $250M theft of public funds and criminal abuse of the power of the State was accomplished.

Do not forget what the "Story" to this day is..... the "Public Truth" - Joe Paterno and the Administration of Penn State University" conspired for years to hide the sexual criminal activities of Jerry Sandusky - the Football Coach at PSU. This statement itself is absurd, but today...."for years" and conspiracy elements of this falsehood have now been revealed as an engineered LIE - legally and factually.

Without the benefits obtained by the ability to BEND testimony on an event that happened 10 year prior and without the ability to craft a "Story" based upon KNOWN bad recounts into the OAG Presentment, the "Penn State Sex Scandal" would not be possible.

Maybe we should look at the one common element here - the "suspicious" actions and motives of the PA OAG and all State of PA agencies and personnel directly involved.

As a public.... we have more than enough known information today to allow us to SERIOUSLY ASSUME those involved in the State are fundamentally lying about PSU and have been consistently acting beyond what is legal.

Reactions: Michlion
Most of the serious charges against CSS were tossed because of Baldwin's conflicts & misbehavior, not on their own demerits.

If she hadn't done what she did, CSS would have had to stand trial for perjury, and would have been in quite a bit more jeopardy for conspiracy.

Napoli is a one arm paper hanging. Unlike Baldwin, he has no support. Fox Rothchild partner DeMarco represents Baldwin. He is aided by co-counsel as well as an associate.

Napoli’s expert, a practicing criminal and civil rights lawyer for the past 50 years and part time professor at Penn happened to be Baldwin’s co-counsel teacher at Penn. The student cross-examined the teacher which made for interesting theatre.

I thought the expert did an extremely good job.

DiMonaco has made Baldwin’s defense all about Sandusky. He is arguing that C/S/S withheld their “criminal” behavior from her and that they (C/S/S) were engaged in a criminal conspiracy.

He is arguing he that the appellate court got it wrong g and that the Disciplinary Panel should instead rely upon the lower court’s ruling on the matter.

Beemer testified that he intended to appeal the appellate court order to the state Suoreme Court but learned via a press release on the day the filing was due that then Solicitor General Bruce Caator decided against such an appeal. Frankly I did not find his testimony very helpful to Baldwin.

Fina took the stand next. He is good. On direct examination he apent an inordinate amount of time discussing Sandusky. Talked about Freeh. Acknowledged he worked closely with Freeh group and even shared information about the direction of the investigation with Freeh group. This was startling testimony to me if only that he admitted to this inappropriate conduct. Freeh and his group are not officers of the law and had no legal authority to receive that information.

Fina also discusses how he found the Schultz file. Wasn’t Freeh but Fina!

Amy McCool, former PSU lawyer in General Counsel’s office under Baldwin. She wasn’t too helpful to Baldwin in my view.

Today we hear from Baldwin’s expert as well as Baldwin herself.

One item worth noting is that DiMarco team attempted to have matter dismissed after Natoli expert completed testimony. Motion DENIED.

I do feel like I’m living in an alter universe.

Most of the serious charges against CSS were tossed because of Baldwin's conflicts & misbehavior, not on their own demerits.

If she hadn't done what she did, CSS would have had to stand trial for perjury, and would have been in quite a bit more jeopardy for conspiracy.

Or maybe, since she wouldn't have been there fact-finding, the whole scenario would have unfolded differently.

That doesn't make any sense. If there was more evidence they could have still been tried on the charges. We need some better trolls with private jets and ac.

That doesn't make any sense. If there was more evidence they could have still been tried on the charges. We need some better trolls with private jets and ac.

The commonwealth knew they had nothing against CSS, and tossing these charges saved them from further embarrassment. It was embarrassing enough that they only tricked two of them into pleading guilty to misdemeanors by promising no jail time.

They wasted so much time and money on their witch hunt. Resources that could have been spent on helping to prevent future abuse.

Acknowledged he worked closely with Freeh group and even shared information about the direction of the investigation with Freeh group. This was startling testimony to me if only that he admitted to this inappropriate conduct.

Time marches on, people let their guard down, they forget what is the truth and what wasn't. The truth always comes out.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT