ADVERTISEMENT

Dec 22

i know that 1 covid test came back negative even know there are symptoms.

Interesting, to me at least, that the image above shows 11 on both teams, with RBY being one of our 11, but Sterling is not on the other side, so one of the Wolpack might not get a match up?

Interesting, to me at least, that the image above shows 11 on both teams, with RBY being one of our 11, but Sterling is not on the other side, so one of the Wolpack might not get a match up?
Camacho would be the odd man out, unless he's willing to bump up enough to face Bartlett.

Though that might not be the only outlier ... would need to look at the respective rosters. (For example, is NC State bringing 2 heavies not named Gwiz or Boykin?)

I started charting possible matchups; green = confirmed by NLWC.

EpNd89KXMAQOvDO

We've learned that matchup weight-classes are extremely fluid during this new Card-Making Era (we heard next to zero about them during NLWC#3 in November--no weights listed in promotion tweets, and Jeff Byers not mentioning a thing about them spoke volumes with its omission), so obviously there's a lot of flexibility here. Also, some of the names here we only learned from the Journeyman's image-tweet.

Some notes:
PSU/NLWC Athletes maybe available, but not listed in the Journeyman's tweet image:
- Zain
- Nolf
- Cenzo
- Bekzod
- Gomez
- Beard
- Espinal
- Taylor (who's got a booking with Burroughs in early Jan)
- Nickal (who had to cancel Nov 24 vs Nate Jackson & who just got married)

Highest Confidence (not yet confirmed):
- Nick Lee vs Tariq
- Brooks vs Trent Hoagie

Lightweights / Possible Camacho / Trombley opponents:
- Gilman runs it back after Gross this week?
- Josh Rodriguez?
- Jordan Conaway?
- Robbie Howard?
- Brandon Meredith?

In the Scuffle Qtrs, Joe Lee took 5 shots against Thomas Bullard. He scored on the first two; and Bullard scored on the last 3. Fairly easy pick for a rematch to happen here.

But if that happens, would PSU have to dip into its Journeyman-unlisted squad to offer Hayden--or Gantt for that matter, a solid matchup? Starocci would be fyre!

Is Gwiz really not gonna compete? He's been close with the PSU staff for years. Man, I can totally picture the calls & texts flyin between the two clubs right now!

I started charting possible matchups; green = confirmed by NLWC.

EpNd89KXMAQOvDO

We've learned that matchup weight-classes are extremely fluid during this new Card-Making Era (we heard next to zero about them during NLWC#3 in November--no weights listed in promotion tweets, and Jeff Byers not mentioning a thing about them spoke volumes with its omission), so obviously there's a lot of flexibility here. Also, some of the names here we only learned from the Journeyman's image-tweet.

Some notes:
PSU/NLWC Athletes maybe available, but not listed in the Journeyman's tweet image:
- Zain
- Nolf
- Cenzo
- Bekzod
- Gomez
- Beard
- Espinal
- Taylor (who's got a booking with Burroughs in early Jan)
- Nickal (who had to cancel Nov 24 vs Nate Jackson & who just got married)

Highest Confidence (not yet confirmed):
- Nick Lee vs Tariq
- Brooks vs Trent Hoagie

Lightweights / Possible Camacho / Trombley opponents:
- Gilman runs it back after Gross this week?
- Josh Rodriguez?
- Jordan Conaway?
- Robbie Howard?
- Brandon Meredith?

In the Scuffle Qtrs, Joe Lee took 5 shots against Thomas Bullard. He scored on the first two; and Bullard scored on the last 3. Fairly easy pick for a rematch to happen here.

But if that happens, would PSU have to dip into its Journeyman-unlisted squad to offer Hayden--or Gantt for that matter, a solid matchup? Starocci would be fyre!

Is Gwiz really not gonna compete? He's been close with the PSU staff for years. Man, I can totally picture the calls & texts flyin between the two clubs right now!
Gantt is a 74kg guy 163lbs I could see a Gantt vs Starocci matchup be a good test for him

Reactions: jtothemfp
I wish I could be as confident picking AB over Hoagie! Trent is on a tear and AB has had a lul,can see this going the wrong way. What a matchup regardless! Love it

First match-ups could be announced any day now :).

Just happy to see some wrestling. Frankly, I hope to catch some of the RTC Cup tomorrow and Saturday (Dec. 4&5) too.
The model was changed for next week's event. Assuming Covid doesn't impact it, I think you will like what they are doing. Plan on a longer evening, with lots of wrestling. Want to see a favorite wrestler/wrestlers go? It's likely you will see him/them!!

The counterpoint would be that Hidlay has evolved a ton since then and is wrestling really well, beating legit senior level guys. Definitely reason to believe things could go differently. This is probably my NCAA finals pick.

And Brooks hasn't? Both have improved tremendously. As a RS Frosh Hidlay was the #5 seed for NCAAs this year. As a true frosh (who grey shirted so really same class as Hidlay) Brooks was the #3 seed. This should be a great match which I am really looking forward to, assuming it happens.

And Brooks hasn't? Both have improved tremendously. As a RS Frosh Hidlay was the #5 seed for NCAAs this year. As a true frosh (who grey shirted so really same class as Hidlay) Brooks was the #3 seed. This should be a great match which I am really looking forward to, assuming it happens.
Everybody is so sensitive. Of course Brooks has gotten a lot better too. However, I think Brooks is regarded similarly as he was then: a mega talent ready to compete for titles. I don't think Hidlay was thought of that way, but he certainly is now. That's the point. Hidlay has jumped a tier. The question is whether that's enough to close the gap. I'd pick Brooks is forced to pick right now, but I'd confidently say it will be a very competitive match.

The other part is that Hidlay has not just gotten better, but has become much more complete. When they wrestled in high school, Hidlay was one dimensional, completely reliant on his underhook run-through thing he does. If you could stop that, you could beat him. Guys like Brooks, Kennedy, and Ramirez were able to do that. Now, his offense is much more diverse and I think you see that pay huge dividends in these big matches where guys can't just key in on that underhook thing. He'll need that other offense to beat Brooks. We'll see how good it really is.

A wise man once told me (full disclosure, it was the Wino last night) “If you wife asks you if her ass looks big in her new outfit, LIE AT ALL COST

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Everybody is so sensitive. Of course Brooks has gotten a lot better too. However, I think Brooks is regarded similarly as he was then: a mega talent ready to compete for titles. I don't think Hidlay was thought of that way, but he certainly is now. That's the point. Hidlay has jumped a tier. The question is whether that's enough to close the gap. I'd pick Brooks is forced to pick right now, but I'd confidently say it will be a very competitive match.

The other part is that Hidlay has not just gotten better, but has become much more complete. When they wrestled in high school, Hidlay was one dimensional, completely reliant on his underhook run-through thing he does. If you could stop that, you could beat him. Guys like Brooks, Kennedy, and Ramirez were able to do that. Now, his offense is much more diverse and I think you see that pay huge dividends in these big matches where guys can't just key in on that underhook thing. He'll need that other offense to beat Brooks. We'll see how good it really is.
@STAND with PRIDE has an ally!
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT