ADVERTISEMENT

Dec 22

Thanks for posting this, but I followed NLWC and still always have trouble finding the live event - everytime. They have all the past/recorded events very visible, but not the main event. Only thing close to the live event is a link to the lineup and article. What am I missing? I always eventually figure it out, but it takes me forever.
Kids move out of the house too? I feel your pain.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Thanks for posting this, but I followed NLWC and still always have trouble finding the live event - everytime. They have all the past/recorded events very visible, but not the main event. Only thing close to the live event is a link to the lineup and article. What am I missing? I always eventually figure it out, but it takes me forever.
I think where most people struggle is the link doesn’t appear until they are actually live. I have never had trouble finding it after the stream has begun

Unofficial Drinking Game:

• Take A Drink IF:
    • Someone gets put on the :30 clock
    • You predict a winner incorrectly
    • You predict a challenge incorrectly
    • Someone throws for 5 and scores it 5
    • You audibly hear something from the NLWC corner
    • Someone gets a score of 2+ for an action started in the boundaries and continued out of bounds
  • Give A Drink IF:
    • You predict a winner correctly
    • You predict a challenge correctly
    • You're the first to call "GROUNDED" on an OOB situation where the attacking wrestler doesn't score due to grounding
  • Take A Chug (3-5 Drinks) IF:
    • A new country is represented (I think I found 5 in the card)
    • A wrestler "calls out" a new opponent
  • Finish Your Drink IF:
    • Grinch beats Santa
    • NLWC corner raises their voice at an official
    • Either club alludes to or drops news about a next card in January

This is a working document, open for suggestions.

Last edited:
I'm grateful for this event and I fully admit this is nitpicking, but I'd have preferred Kerkvliet to face the more highly touted Heavy. Is that wrong?
Neither is likely to push Kerk anyway. May as well give the perceived tougher test to Snacks.

• Take A Drink IF:
    • Someone gets a score of 2+ for an action started in the boundaries and continued out of bounds
  • Give A Drink IF:
  • Finish Your Drink IF:
    • Grinch beats Santa

Things the announcers say?

Also there should be extra drinks if the Grinch cheats to beat Santa -- such as hits Santa with a chair while the refs is distracted.

Things the announcers say?

Also there should be extra drinks if the Grinch cheats to beat Santa -- such as hits Santa with a chair while the refs is distracted.
I watched on mute last time, so I'm open to an announcer-related rule, but wouldn't know where to start.

If Santa takes an unprotected chair shot to the head, I volunteer to help him deliver all of the gifts on Christmas Eve this year.

I had trouble as well in the past so I bookmarked it for all future events...

Reactions: jtothemfp
I watched on mute last time, so I'm open to an announcer-related rule, but wouldn't know where to start.

If Santa takes an unprotected chair shot to the head, I volunteer to help him deliver all of the gifts on Christmas Eve this year.
Drink twice if Santa cheats to beat The Grinch?

I will throw out my random prediction and say Santa vs. The Grinch = Ed Ruth vs. Bo Nickal. I have no inside information and I have now set the bar pretty high so don't get upset when I am most likely wrong.

I will throw out my random prediction and say Santa vs. The Grinch = Ed Ruth vs. Bo Nickal. I have no inside information and I have now set the bar pretty high so don't get upset when I am most likely wrong.
Both of those guys are far too big I think. I would expect someone like Nolf or Cenzo or Zain to be involved. Gilman would not surprise me either. I know Zain and Nolf have done fake WWE style wrestling together at some camps so I will go with those two hamming it up. Someone who knows how can locate and post the video :)

Reactions: regularfan

• Take A Drink IF:
  • Give A Drink IF:
    • You're the first to call "GROUNDED" on an OOB situation where the attacking wrestler doesn't score due to grounding
  • Finish Your Drink IF:
    • Grinch beats Santa

Shoot yourself if anyone gets called for an illegal fist to the back.

Reactions: Ja1339
Devine v. Baylor Shunk

Shunk up 2-0 end of 1.
Shunk gets exposed, reverses. 3-2.

Shunk in on several nice singles, but not converting quickly.

Devine with TD. 3-4.
And, Shunk gets last second TD for the win. 5-4.

Great finish by Shunk to convert that same single he'd had trouble converting earlier.

Trombley v Meredith

Meredith gives up 2 exposures.
Down 0-4 after 1.

TD Meredith 2-4.
But, Trombley laces him and finishes the tech.
2-12.

Reactions: Chris Watts
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT