Dementia Don

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Well said, Ted, and I don't disagree with you...except to think things may already be irreversible. Then again, I'm a pessimist.

Re Trump, don't get me wrong: there's no question he was treated unfairly. Hell, he was treated outrageously. The Bad Guys basically spent four years subverting his presidency (and in the process the Constitution).

Also, it's a given that he's preferable to a Dem-Mediacrat. Far preferable. Not even close. In fact, that was always the main argument in his favor in my mind...and why I voted for him twice. But I voted for him without illusions as to his character, convictions, or intellect.

The equation has changed now. He's become an albatross and a destructive force with the beneficiary being Dem-Media World. Closing in on 80 years old. Under federal investigation. Running disapproval numbers that are prohibitive and make the man unelectable.

And now this utterly juvenile, bizarre, unprovoked attack on DeSantis. This is what we have to look forward to if he throws his hat in the ring again as will apparently happen next week. This is why Dem-Media is salivating at the prospect.

Trump can not win. He should not run. And if he does, he will blow up the Republican Party and hand the White House to Dem-Media on a silver platter. That's just the bitter reality of the situation.
If nominated, the number of Never Trumpers in the Republican party will grow. He would loose by 10% points or more.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Well said, Ted, and I don't disagree with you...except to think things may already be irreversible. Then again, I'm a pessimist.

Re Trump, don't get me wrong: there's no question he was treated unfairly. Hell, he was treated outrageously. The Bad Guys basically spent four years subverting his presidency (and in the process the Constitution).

Also, it's a given that he's preferable to a Dem-Mediacrat. Far preferable. Not even close. In fact, that was always the main argument in his favor in my mind...and why I voted for him twice. But I voted for him without illusions as to his character, convictions, or intellect.

The equation has changed now. He's become an albatross and a destructive force with the beneficiary being Dem-Media World. Closing in on 80 years old. Under federal investigation. Running disapproval numbers that are prohibitive and make the man unelectable.

And now this utterly juvenile, bizarre, unprovoked attack on DeSantis. This is what we have to look forward to if he throws his hat in the ring again as will apparently happen next week. This is why Dem-Media is salivating at the prospect.

Trump can not win. He should not run. And if he does, he will blow up the Republican Party and hand the White House to Dem-Media on a silver platter. That's just the bitter reality of the situation.
Well Jerry, I just hope your wrong about things being irreversible, but I’m equally concerned about the future of America. Meanwhile, our enemies and people that want to see a weakened America sit back and laugh at us and wish us the worse.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
one lasting effect is that i do not think the voters are ever going to let the R party go back to a Bush/Romney type of presidential candidate. That ended in the 2016 primary and there are enough alternatives that the milquetoast brand is done for good. If someone like that tried to run it would be roundly rejected in the primary
Well, I like that you found at least something positive in all of the doom day predictions being advanced. I remain an optimist and wish the midterms turned out to meet all the “red wave” hype and expectations, but I also know that a big county like this with all its biases and emotions, positive incremental changes are unusually slow to occur.

I’m very concerned maintaining our democracy and voter integrity and trust, and will still remain in the fight. This country has been good to so many people and it’s worth fighting to preserve our freedom, rights, and liberties. Our kids and grandkids depend on us.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
one lasting effect is that i do not think the voters are ever going to let the R party go back to a Bush/Romney type of presidential candidate. That ended in the 2016 primary and there are enough alternatives that the milquetoast brand is done for good. If someone like that tried to run it would be roundly rejected in the primary
I hope so, because republicans are more at fault for voter fraud in Pa. than democrats. They did not agree to a good plan. They wanted to get rid of the straight party vote, they got that for this flawed and easily gamed system.
It's like hanging out at the Second Mile, Jerry might not get his hands on you, but does it matter when your own family molests you. I believe Oblivax has said Ohio offered them a more secure system but they didn't bother. Florida has a strong system also.

Reactions: royboy and Hotshoe

SLion

May 29, 2001
How was Florida able to do it?
There are some valid points here. It comes down to FL laws and tech. State invested big after 2000 debacle. All mail in ballots have to be dropped off at county offices so no collection wait times. Regardless, it does not make elections any less verifiable. The same process produced lots of R winners in the past.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I don't discount the cheating that goes on in certain Democrat controlled states. And ballot harvesting makes it worse where it is allowed, however, While I agreed with Trump on issues, and while I believe he was effective in spite of all he had to deal with when President, I believe he is damaged goods, and his negatives alienate large groups of voter blocks.
It doesn't matter
I don't discount the cheating that goes on in certain Democrat controlled states. And ballot harvesting makes it worse where it is allowed, however, While I agreed with Trump on issues, and while I believe he was effective in spite of all he had to deal with when President, I believe he is damaged goods, and his negatives alienate large groups of voter blocks.
I got this last night from my friend who worked with project Amistad:
That's Maricopa County The 1st address my
investigators checked in 2020. It was foreclosed on 8
years ago. There were 75 newly registered democrats
at this address. After we checked this address when
we began to pull records on the others we were told we
had to leave because they were closing it because of COVID.
A picture of an abandoned shack was sent with that text. The level of fraud that have made possible will win every swing state .
And in Pa. Republicans helped make it happen. Michigan is the same . Look at Arizona, Nevada . It doesn't matter who the republican nominee is now, maybe Trump might win. Probably not.
But they now want him to win. Desantis can't beat him but if he does they'll blame the primary fight. If Trump wins , he destroyed the party .
Trump is cover for stupid Republican decisions and Democrat thievery.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
There are some valid points here. It comes down to FL laws and tech. State invested big after 2000 debacle. All mail in ballots have to be dropped off at county offices so no collection wait times. Regardless, it does not make elections any less verifiable. The same process produced lots of R winners in the past.
Exactly , Pa. And Michigan do not have the same security and can be gamed. Florida, Ohio, and Georgia can't .

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
those expectations were largely created in the final week

in the summer it was predicted that neither house would change

the reality is that only a few seats changed in either direction

the predictions and polls are utterly worthless

the media as usual has spun up a story out of thin air, and a non-event is being reported as earth shattering
Over the past few elections, the Republicans have made some small or modest incremental gains and although I was hoping that the “red wave” hype was real, I was very skeptical and never bought into it. I just didn’t think that big Republican gains were in the cards.

Putting aside voter fraud and cheating issues and the “red wave” hype, it looks like there was a lot of positive news to come out of the midterms for Republicans. The Republicans made moderate gains in black, Hispanic, and Women turn out. But I think they were killed by the young more idealistic voters as I understand it. Additionally, there were key pick ups and they did unusually well in some strong Democrat districts as well.

Time will tell what the mood of the country is going into the 2024 election and if some other obstacles can be overcome, but I’m not prepared to be discouraged and throw my hands up in the air at this time. I just hope the Republicans don’t abandoned what got them here and learn and act on as much as possible from the midterms.

SLion

May 29, 2001
Exactly , Pa. And Michigan do not have the same security and can be gamed. Florida, Ohio, and Georgia can't .
My Orange overlord claims corruption in GA and FL. Oh, who to believe? What conspiracy can I make up to fit the narrative rather than accept truth that my party puts sh&t candidates out there?

I was all in for Ron, and he beat Gillum, but after the Race, when votes were being stolen by the corrupt Election process in Broward County, and Ron was going down ten thousand votes a day, along with now-Senator Rick Scott, I sent in the FBI and the U.S. Attorneys, and the ballot theft immediately ended, just prior to them running out of the votes necessary to win,’ said Trump. ‘I stopped his Election from being stolen'

• Haha
Reactions: franklinman

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Key part, cultists..just like stock market moving upward and unemployment moving downward. Stop assigning what was already a trend and patting Orange idiot on back

"This is the fifth consecutive annual decline in poverty."

Here's the trend of job openings during Obama's last year in office.

united-states-job-offers.png

Here's the trend of job openings the next three years.

Stop relying on the emotion of HATE and get facts for once.

Reactions: jjw165

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
Therefore to my point, if it works and is valid in Florida, why are democrats so opposed to following such a model?

SLion

May 29, 2001
Here's the trend of job openings during Obama's last year in office.

Here's the trend of job openings the next three years.

Stop relying on the emotion of HATE and get facts for once.
How about you show a trend of Trump's last year? How about overlap debt here? You see adding 2T to debt via tax cut, while increasing spending is really parlor trick. You are calling Biden's economy a hoax though it produced better results than Trump. We can all play this game of tables and lies. The fact is Fed manipulation and increased spending is name of game and no president who plays it should be viewed with any reverance. Trump was about the worst spender ever, especially for one term loser.

Last edited:

SLion

May 29, 2001
Therefore to my point, if it works and is valid in Florida, why are democrats so opposed to following such a model?
NJ/NY/CT did not have issues. FL is called but you realize that FL is still counting votes, right? It is much easier when outcome is determined. If FL came down to a few ballots then you would holding breathe wondering why it took so long.

Reactions: NJPSU

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
It doesn't matter, neither candidate has a path that includes Pa. and Michigan due to the ballot harvesting. Fetterman was an experiment that was successful. It's silly to argue quality of candidates when one side can put up a cognitively impaired person suffering from stroke induced brain damage. It's silly to say one candidate is toxic on the Republican side when one side can nominate a Golem and win.

Ski

May 29, 2001
He has finally lost me. This is pathetic. We have the Walker runoff coming up and he cannot wait to start bashing other Republicans at a time when we need unity. Run Ron run. You got my vote.

I have to say I am with you. I have been loyal Trump until the last two days. He has lost the big picture. Sucks, because he is a proven fighter, and we need a fighter. I hope DeSantis fights like Trump but is not so focused on himself to the detriment of the party.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
those expectations were largely created in the final week

in the summer it was predicted that neither house would change

the reality is that only a few seats changed in either direction

the predictions and polls are utterly worthless

the media as usual has spun up a story out of thin air, and a non-event is being reported as earth shattering
The republicans had a +5.8 or so lead on the generic ballot. At that level of favorability it's usually an epic bloodbath. My pie in the sky predictions were based on history forgetting the rule changes that have been put in place.

Reactions: Ski

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I have to say I am with you. I have been loyal Trump until the last two days. He has lost the big picture. Sucks, because he is a proven fighter, and we need a fighter. I hope DeSantis fights like Trump but is not so focused on himself to the detriment of the party.
The big picture is the Republican establishment has created this disaster. McConnell stupidly poured money in the Colorado race leaving Masters out to dry. A candidate that is still technically in the race. He didn't put enough in Oz's race. Ryan, McCarthy, and McConnell need to go. Whoever in Pa. gave us the Democrat voter fraud act should probably hang.
These problems are not Trump caused, it's on the establishment. Mainly because they don't care about winning, just keeping their positions and power. I prefer the Orange prick over those spineless fools.

Reactions: jjw165 and Ski

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
How about you show a trend of Trump's last year? How about overlap debt here? You see adding 2T to debt via tax cut, while increasing spending is really parlor trick. You are calling Biden's economy a hoax though it produced better results than Trump. We can all play this game of tables and lies. The fact is Fed manipulation and increased spending is name of game and no president who plays it should be viewed with any reverance. Trump was about the worst spender ever, especially for one term loser.

LOL... Are you really that infantile? Trying to use a global pandemic to confirm your bias?

You are an extraordinary cultist. You've been proven wrong. Definitively. No parlor trick. Just data. Accept it. Working Americans advanced under Trump and it wasn't a "trend". These same working Americans are falling behind under Biden.

SLion

May 29, 2001
LOL... Are you really that infantile? Trying to use a global pandemic to confirm your bias?

You are an extraordinary cultist. You've been proven wrong. Definitively. No parlor trick. Just data. Accept it. Working Americans advanced under Trump and it wasn't a "trend". These same working Americans are falling behind under Biden.
You are mindless seriously. Why not show the eight years under Obama. What about GDP? I thought we would be to 6 - 7% under Dump. Instead you show one year to make it seem like things were down slide. Talk about bias and a cultist. Look at the downslide in second half 2019. You simply buy the hubris of 'greatest economy in the hisotry of mankind'. You don't want to look at underlying reasons. Look at Trump's FoxConn failure in WI which had zero to do with pandemic. Biden has Intel in OH and Micron in Syracuse. Talk about advancing working Americans. You refuse to see truth.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
You are mindless seriously. Why not show the eight years under Obama. What about GDP? I thought we would be to 6 - 7% under Dump. Instead you show one year to make it seem like things were down slide. Talk about bias and a cultist. Look at the downslide in second half 2019. You simply buy the hubris of 'greatest economy in the hisotry of mankind'. You don't want to look at underlying reasons. Look at Trump's FoxConn failure in WI which had zero to do with pandemic. Biden has Intel in OH and Micron in Syracuse. Talk about advancing working Americans. You refuse to see truth.

But, but, but, but....... Look over there, not here....

LMFAO.... You were proven wrong.

I will give Obama credit for being so bad that he did help Trump look good.

Americans got ahead under Trump. They aren't getting ahead under Biden. Deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: franklinman and Ski

SLion

May 29, 2001
But, but, but, but....... Look over there, not here....

LMFAO.... You were proven wrong.

I will give Obama credit for being so bad that he did help Trump look good.

Americans got ahead under Trump. They aren't getting ahead under Biden. Deal with it.
Here is the truth. Obama and Biden won in 2008 and 2012. Won again 2020 and on Tues, just mopped the floor with your narrative that Americans are not getting ahead. Your Orange Khan got trounced..bigly. Sane America sees the better party very clearly and rejected insurrectionists, anti-women rights and democracy deniers. Deal with it.

WexfordWarrior

Aug 30, 2017
Somewhere in the Carolinas.
I was going to post this too, Roy, but you beat me to it.

This latest blathering rant, which triples down on the idiotic shot he took at DeSantis the weekend before the election, shows the maturity and intellect of a 6th-grader...and a pretty dumb 6th-grader at that.

As if the juvenile tone and ridiculous insults weren't bad enough, he also makes the astounding claim that he sent in the FBI to save DeSantis from defeat during the recount of his razor-thin win over Dem-Mediacrat Gillum in 2018.

Yeah, I'm sure the FBI hopped right on that. I mean, they were always in Trump's corner and stuff. Please. This is toxic nonsense.

An unscientific glance at the comments section over at Breitbarts, a site that appears to remain pretty firmly in Trump's pocket, suggests that about 50% or so of his diehard supporters are peeling off or at least having second thoughts. They're not buying these attacks on DeSantis.

The other 50% are taking refuge behind one of three claims: A) Trump, as always, is one step ahead of the game, playing 3-dimensional chess, like he always did in the White House; or B) anyone who criticizes Trump, even if they voted for him twice for President, automatically becomes a "NeverTrumper" and an unpatriotic American to boot; or C) DeSantis is actually a product of the Swamp which gave him the mission of taking down Trump; or D) some combination of those three.

This is delusional stuff.

Trump is going to blow up the Republican Party and deliver the 2024 presidential election to a Dem-Mediacrat on a silver platter.
Not if we don't let him.

keanu-reeves-say-no.gif

Reactions: Jerry and Nitt Fan

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

Ron Desantis committed voter fraud....by committing to increasing election security? Uh, he increased security and then governed as best as is possible.

Reactions: royboy

SLion

May 29, 2001

Ron Desantis committed voter fraud....by committing to increasing election security? Uh, he increased security and then governed as best as is possible.
I always take my news from a young guy on a youtube channel who looks like he just robbed a safe. Where the hell to the Rs find these people? Nutso

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Once again the Democrats out smart the Republicans. They successful damage Trump short of indictment, so he can run again, and even Biden can beat him. The only thing to save the Republicans is if he loses the primary. Even then, will he throw in his support and resources to who ever beats him?
C'mon, SR. You KNOW your question (which I bolded, above) is rhetorical. There is NO WAY Trump gives any meaningful part of his campaign stash to any other candidate. He's unlikely to give any other candidate meaningful non-financial support, either, particularly if that candidate beat him in a presidential primary.

The best case scenario for you Republicans is getting Cheeto out of the picture as fast as possible, so that he and everyone else on the right can adjust to the new reality long before the 2024 election campaign gets going in earnest.

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
I always take my news from a young guy on a youtube channel who looks like he just robbed a safe. Where the hell to the Rs find these people? Nutso
I think he became known for covering the Occupy Wall Street protests. He was a progressive Democrat and then had a change in political ideology.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
I just read through this thread and the general theme is that if the State produced a Republican winner it was a fair and “secure” election but if the Democrat won it was because of fraud and “ballot harvesting”.

Do I have that right? Sounds very Trumpy.

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
To you few conservatives/Republicans out there who are still Trumpies, please look at how the Left-turds on this board have been reacting to how Trump influenced the mid-term elections and now how Trump is targeting other Republicans as he bloviates and blusters at these now pathetic rallies he's holding to promote the Trump cult. They are gleeful that he's about to announce his candidacy and he's re-running his same Sideshow Don tactics he used in 2016. Why do you think MSDNC and CNN talk about little else than Trump during 80% of their air time? Because they are obsessed with him? Yeah, keep believing that you fools. They are doing it because it's their ticket to success in 2024 and as long as the fat blowhard is willing to keep up his antics, They couldn't be happier than to cover every stupid or mocking utterance he's making.

Republican Party leaders have to come out in a united front and tell him to go away. But, more importantly, you Trumpies need to wake up and join the crowd that is telling this bizarre would-be "Emperor" that he has no clothes on......YUK...I'm not going to get that sick image out of my head for weeks.... If you can't understand anything else, realize that he is enabling the Lefties to keep power and you are enabling Trump to have the power to do so......if you follow the logic chain here, you must see YOU are enabling Soc/Dems to keep power....deny it all you want, that's what's happening...

Last edited:

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
To you few conservatives/Republicans out there who are still Trumpies, please look at how the Left-turds on this board have been reacting to how Trump influenced thye mid-term elections and now how Trump is targeting other Republicans as he bloviates and blusters at these now pathetic rallies he's holding to promote the Trump cult. They are gleeful that he's about to announce his candidacy and he's re-running his same Sideshow Don tactics he used in 2016. Why do you think MSDNC and CNN talk about little else than Trump during 80% of their air time? Because they are obsessed with him? Yeah, keep believing that you fools. They are doing it because it's their ticket to success in 2024 and as long as the fat blowhard is willing to keep up his antics, They couldn't be happier than to cover every stupid or mocking utterance he's making.

Republican Party leaders have to come out in a united front and tell him to go away. But, more importantly, you Trumpies need to wake up and join the crowd that is telling this bizzarro "Emperor" he has no clothes on......YUK...I'm not going to get that sick image out of my head for weeks.... If you can't understand anything else, realize that he is enabling the Lefties to keep power and you are enabling Trump to have the power to do so......if you follow the logic chain here, you must see YOU are enabling Soc/Dems to keep power....deny it all you want, that's what's happening...
Bad news though my Trumper cousin who lives in Pennsylvania was still posting Trump Truth Social stuff on Facebook this afternoon. He still has her in his corner apparently.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
To you few conservatives/Republicans out there who are still Trumpies, please look at how the Left-turds on this board have been reacting to how Trump influenced the mid-term elections and now how Trump is targeting other Republicans as he bloviates and blusters at these now pathetic rallies he's holding to promote the Trump cult. They are gleeful that he's about to announce his candidacy and he's re-running his same Sideshow Don tactics he used in 2016. Why do you think MSDNC and CNN talk about little else than Trump during 80% of their air time? Because they are obsessed with him? Yeah, keep believing that you fools. They are doing it because it's their ticket to success in 2024 and as long as the fat blowhard is willing to keep up his antics, They couldn't be happier than to cover every stupid or mocking utterance he's making.

Republican Party leaders have to come out in a united front and tell him to go away. But, more importantly, you Trumpies need to wake up and join the crowd that is telling this bizarre would-be "Emperor" that he has no clothes on......YUK...I'm not going to get that sick image out of my head for weeks.... If you can't understand anything else, realize that he is enabling the Lefties to keep power and you are enabling Trump to have the power to do so......if you follow the logic chain here, you must see YOU are enabling Soc/Dems to keep power....deny it all you want, that's what's happening...
They will lose 5% or so of his voters they won't get back. The last thing the Republican leadership needs to do is to tell me what to do.
Go ahead see what happens . I'll quit the team. And why not? The leadership is useless . Trump brought in a cabal of blue collar workers , Obama voters , and Bernie Bros.
Good luck with being a permanent minority party.

Ski

May 29, 2001
Here is the truth. Obama and Biden won in 2008 and 2012. Won again 2020 and on Tues, just mopped the floor with your narrative that Americans are not getting ahead. Your Orange Khan got trounced..bigly. Sane America sees the better party very clearly and rejected insurrectionists, anti-women rights and democracy deniers. Deal with it.

The Democrats mopped the floor by getting 6 million votes less than the Republicans did. Kind of like the Russians are mopping up in Ukraine. And the election results don't mean Americans have been getting ahead under the POTATUS. It just means Democrat voters are almost as stupid as you are and that is a very low bar to achieve.

maypole

May 9, 2022
They will lose 5% or so of his voters they won't get back. The last thing the Republican leadership needs to do is to tell me what to do.
Go ahead see what happens . I'll quit the team. And why not? The leadership is useless . Trump brought in a cabal of blue collar workers , Obama voters , and Bernie Bros.
Good luck with being a permanent minority party.
You’ll take your ball and go home, eh?
Will you also quit posting on this board, whiner?
I think not:
Last post yesterday: 12:53 am
First post today: 4:23 am
Get a life!

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The Democrats mopped the floor by getting 6 million votes less than the Republicans did. Kind of like the Russians are mopping up in Ukraine. And the election results don't mean Americans have been getting ahead under the POTATUS. It just means Democrat voters are almost as stupid as you are and that is a very low bar to achieve.
Very true. Too many people that supposedly distrust the media trust it way too much.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009

Pandazapper: Shhhhhhhsh. You're letting the cat out of the bag. Go Cheeto!

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021
Unfortunately, It’s not that easy to discard Trump and just vote for someone other than Trump in a Republican primary. If Trump is focused on running again, and I think he probably is, he is in it to win at all cost. I still like Trump and the direction he takes this country, but his methods to achieve his goals can be destructive and self defeating and I don’t like that at all. I’m afraid we are in for trouble.
how many months ago did I predict Trump will hurt the republican party because of his ego?