Dementia Don

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I see NBC is projecting the house at 2:20 for the Republicans now, do you realize they gain more seats to years ago when Trump was on the ballot? With worse conditions in the country and the middle of a president's first term? Something that history says always leads to some serious losses for the party holding the presidency ?

Jerry

May 29, 2001
But seriously, you and I both know we will vote for the nominee and fight for the nominee. You know we will be hopeful on election day, you know we won't quit until it's over. Remember 2016 I just had a feeling he's going to win.
There is still hope this can be fixed, Lakewood and the governor ship of Arizona would help. That my estimation puts the Republicans at 2:44. Potentially Arizona, I mean Nevada to. That puts the count around 250. We then have to win a Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. States that might prove to be impossible.
However with the "hero's journey" we can potentially take Virginia it is crazy it sounds maybe New Jersey or New York. However I do not see those last two states because of ballot harvesting but it's two years away
Trump making nice with DeSantis and DeSantis running and campaigning with him might be unstoppable. Trump putting his white behind DeSantis might make that happen. I say might or maybe.
But please do not buy into the main stream media manipulation that I see going on, they obviously want Trump gone. Why do you think they want him gone so bad? Because he's a threat if he was an easy opponent they would prop him up. Trumps current machinations has caused the media to somewhat support DeSantis.
Anna Navarro on CNN accused Trump of election fraud by helping Ron DeSantis fight election fraud L O L. The Lincoln project has defended Ron DeSantis not that I want those scumbags back. I can't recall the others but there have been some others. You do understand with Trump out of the way all guns are pointed at DeSantis, right?
Trump being Trump makes these people defend DeSantis. Your typical Republican pundits were more concerned about their bank accounts than actually winning or having a field day of talking about Trump. These guys they could never win an election for dogcatcher.
As much as I love Ben Shapiro's thoughts he's annoying to listen to he couldn't win a state assembly ship unless it was a total red area his ceiling might be a state center in Pennsylvania in the right spot. But he'd have a hard time winning in real Pennsylvania because he's annoying.
Do you need charisma to win and the machine behind you, unless you're Trump. His charisma forced machine to back him

I have no illusions that if DeSantis were to win the nomination, Dem-Media would throw everything plus the kitchen sink at him.

I think Dem-Media wants Trump to win the nomination. I think they're salivating at that prospect...and for good reason.

I mentioned an unscientific impression from the comments sections at some conservative sites that Trump is losing some significant support from long-time fans. Copied below is one sample to show what I mean. This guy is far from alone:

>>...speaking personally as someone who gladly supported Trump in 2026 and 2020, I don’t know a single conservative who thinks Trump is not past his sell date. I wholeheartedly agree that Trump was attacked by the media nonstop from the day he took office until the day he left and beyond. But so was Bush. And so will be DeSantis. And even RINO squishes like Romney and McCain were briefly Nazis until they lost and dutifully returned to the fold, at which point they again became “mavericks”. Trump is utterly unelectable in 2024, and that is largely due to his own behavior, especially over the last two years. You can whine and shriek that I’m a brainwashed dupe of The Establishment (spoiler: I despise McConnell and Co. as much as I do Biden) but you are falling for the Leftist trap of false dichotomy. It isn’t either/or. We can run conservatives who both oppose the Swamp and aren’t Trump. In my opinion, DeSantis could win by Regeanesque margins and govern just as conservatively, if not more. And for “conservatives” lashing out already at DeSantis simply because Trump is (and please point to any instance of DeSantis criticizing Trump), I ask you…if you could trade your current state governor for DeSantis, would you? I rest my case.<<

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
I seriously compared the situation with Trump and DeSantis to WWE last night. Is my current believe that Trump is Drai flack and distraction one because he loves attention and secondly because he wants attention. But while he is drawing attention to himself DeSantis isn't being attacked, DeSantis is being propped up by the main stream media in a way that's about the best I've seen for Republican in a long time maybe since George W. Bush right after 9/11.
So one of two things happen, and this is just a guess. First Trump continues being Trump and for the sake of unity he throws his white behind DeSantis similar to Randy macho man versus hulk hogan will it became the mega powers. Do you remember when watching madness tonight with hog mania?
Don't forget that much of politics is showmanship and Trump is the best at it. No maybe Trump just wants to shore up his possession but the man does want to win and who is the best chance of helping him in the ticket? That's Ron DeSantis.
What would your average independent or woman think if Trump and DeSantis won the same ticket? Their sights are well, DeSantis is there till he is the guy I want. Also why this plays out it does not look like a Ron DeSantis is leaving Florida in a lurch. How do you think it would've looked if he decided he was going to run for president before he won every election in Florida?
In a certain amount of time we could have Trump versus DeSantis until it's almost a call for him to run against Trump and at that point Trump can help him out one way or another or vice versa. That potentially might be a workaround from the ballot harvesting but I'm not sure.
You want DeSantis to be Pence to Trump? I don’t think DeSantis is willing to be the servant to Trump.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I have no illusions that if DeSantis were to win the nomination, Dem-Media would throw everything plus the kitchen sink at him.

I think Dem-Media wants Trump to win the nomination. I think they're salivating at that prospect...and for good reason.

I mentioned an unscientific impression from the comments sections at some conservative sites that Trump is losing some significant support from long-time fans. Copied below is one sample to show what I mean. This guy is far from alone:

>>...speaking personally as someone who gladly supported Trump in 2026 and 2020, I don’t know a single conservative who thinks Trump is not past his sell date. I wholeheartedly agree that Trump was attacked by the media nonstop from the day he took office until the day he left and beyond. But so was Bush. And so will be DeSantis. And even RINO squishes like Romney and McCain were briefly Nazis until they lost and dutifully returned to the fold, at which point they again became “mavericks”. Trump is utterly unelectable in 2024, and that is largely due to his own behavior, especially over the last two years. You can whine and shriek that I’m a brainwashed dupe of The Establishment (spoiler: I despise McConnell and Co. as much as I do Biden) but you are falling for the Leftist trap of false dichotomy. It isn’t either/or. We can run conservatives who both oppose the Swamp and aren’t Trump. In my opinion, DeSantis could win by Regeanesque margins and govern just as conservatively, if not more. And for “conservatives” lashing out already at DeSantis simply because Trump is (and please point to any instance of DeSantis criticizing Trump), I ask you…if you could trade your current state governor for DeSantis, would you? I rest my case.<<
Watch this and listen to Milo's explanation. I'm very serious about that blue-collar high school educated voting block. People like my wife who never voted before 2016, ever. She never liked politics Trump was the one that made her realize she was more Republican conservative if he just gets railroaded she sees no use for the rest of the republican party, especially after what we've seen go on in the last two elections. They did not do enough to secure these elections.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

This is where they are at now Gerry, we actually have a Caligula's horse. In ancient Rome Caligula was assassinated before he could appoint his horse to the Senate, however in the United States we elected one. This is a huge FU to the common people it's a huge flex about what kind of power they have now.
I do not believe the normal Republican structure has the balls to stand up to this kind of nonsense. Hell, they created this problem , in the state of Pennsylvania. They gave us John Fetterman, the Democrats didn't.

Reactions: Jerry and Ski

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
We are not winning with any candidate other than Trump because they face the same hurdles that he faces via the ballot box.
Right now, on this very internet Board, a whole bunch of your fellow conservatives are expressing their profound dissatisfaction with Trump and lobbying for his dismissal as de facto head of the Republican Party. Meanwhile, you, Dr. Conspiracy Guy, and a precious few others (like Elise Stefanik and Kari Lake) are still lobbying for Trump and asserting that the failure of the "Big Red Wave" to materialize was because of mass "ballot harvesting."

First, are all of your conservative colleagues RINO's? Are you still clinging to the notion that any Republican who does not genuflect to Donald Trump is a RINO? He will die one day, you realize. What are you gonna do then?

Second, it's time to put up or shut up with the "ballot harvesting" assertions. If you have solid evidence that is occurring, BY ALL MEANS come forward with it. My guess is that you will simply resort to more conclusory statements about "ballot harvesting," "voter fraud," and "corrupt Democrats," without introducing ANY evidence to prove it. At most, some anecdotal report about a single Democratic voter voting twice, voting in the wrong precinct, etc. That proves NOTHING.

To be clear, if you have proof of ANY Democratic voting fraud, particularly widespread voting fraud, I would join you in wanting to see those who engaged in it prosecuted, tried, and punished.