ADVERTISEMENT

duhO$U WR Kaleb Brown apparently entered the Portal yesterday on the last day it was open.

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
Pretty highly rated 2022 recruit - wonder if we go after him (and if he's interested in PSU).

Pretty highly rated 2022 recruit - wonder if we go after him (and if he's interested in PSU).
Top 100 overall player from Illinois. Why 3 Top 100 or better WRs are signing with Ohio St each year makes little sense to me. Their WR coach was known as one of the best in the business although he also has a major drinking and driving issue. But how do these guys not realize that some of them will be processed and that had they signed elsewhere, they would very likely be looking at early playing time.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Top 100 overall player from Illinois. Why 3 Top 100 or better WRs are signing with Ohio St each year makes little sense to me. Their WR coach was known as one of the best in the business although he also has a major drinking and driving issue. But how do these guys not realize that some of them will be processed and that had they signed elsewhere, they would very likely be looking at early playing time.
Because OSU puts WRs into the NFL, competes to win the Big 10 every year, and makes the playoffs to compete for a national title regularly. It's not hard to figure out why they go there. Sometimes kids will prefer contributing less on a one of the best teams with arguably the best WR coach in the sport over playing time at a lesser program.

We certainly love leftover osu wrs around here. We seem to forget that we have been putting our own share of wrs into the nfl!

• Haha
Reactions: blair10
We certainly love leftover osu wrs around here. We seem to forget that we have been putting our own share of wrs into the nfl!
While not an indictment of our WR room, the fact is that Coach Franklin still has interest in other WR's that are in the portal.

And judging by the last minute portal entry, I suspect that he was still coveted by OSU. Sometimes the competition is really close and coaches don't alwys select the right player.

Reactions: Online Persona

He's not a leftover WR. He was only at duhO$U last year and we are looking for WRs in the Portal.

He's from Chicago - Catholic school St Rita - and ND was a major player for him before he chose OSU. The rumor right now is that he wants to stay close to home and - of course - playing time is also critical. Look for Notre Dame to land him. Of course, NIL could change all this. Another school to watch - although farther from home - is Nebraska. He's been mentioned on a couple of their sites and both _ Nebraska and ND - pushed for him hard in HS.

Something tells me that Nebraska is gonna be a big factor in the B1G West over the next couple of years with Rhule there now

Truth be told, a highly rated kid like this transferring out one year in is proof positive kind of what Persona is saying: you are stepping into a room with the best of the best. Why sign the LOI to leave after 1 year in the program (or less, I don't know when he arrived)?

Jameson Williams I can understand. Multiple years. Never broke through. Took what he learned, made an impact at Bama, went 1st rd.

You can make the argument for either side of this. Just how it goes. I know.

Something tells me that Nebraska is gonna be a big factor in the B1G West over the next couple of years with Rhule there now

Going to take better than 29th nationally and 5th in the Big 10 to be a big factor. And this is before USC shows up.

Frost was hyped up too. It's not 1990 anymore.

Reactions: Delco Lion
Because OSU puts WRs into the NFL, competes to win the Big 10 every year, and makes the playoffs to compete for a national title regularly. It's not hard to figure out why they go there. Sometimes kids will prefer contributing less on a one of the best teams with arguably the best WR coach in the sport over playing time at a lesser program.
True.

Truth be told, a highly rated kid like this transferring out one year in is proof positive kind of what Persona is saying: you are stepping into a room with the best of the best. Why sign the LOI to leave after 1 year in the program (or less, I don't know when he arrived)?

Jameson Williams I can understand. Multiple years. Never broke through. Took what he learned, made an impact at Bama, went 1st rd.

You can make the argument for either side of this. Just how it goes. I know.
Agree with your logic but keep in mind that almost every top 100 - high 4 and 5 star recruit has complete confidence in their own ability and have one goal - a future in the NFL no matter how some like to push the education stuff. All of the top schools recruit the same core of top blue chip players and throw the same stuff at them telling them they can POSSIBLY play early and be on their way to the NFL in a 3 or so years.

If you were a super WR, why wouldn't you want to play under Hartline? Georgia is kind of doing the same with their defense now. If I was a super HS defensive player, I'd definitely give playing under Kirby a long, hard look

Last edited:
Going to take better than 29th nationally and 5th in the Big 10 to be a big factor. And this is before USC shows up.

Frost was hyped up too. It's not 1990 anymore.
Not arguing that but with a top coach a the absolute best and most loyal fan base in the country, I really think they can turn the tables.

A major drinking and driving issue lol

Agree with your logic but keep in mind that almost every top 100 - high 4 and 5 star recruit has complete confidence in their own ability and have one goal - a future in the NFL no matter how some like to push the education stuff. All of the top schools recruit the same core of top blue chip players and throw the same stuff at them telling them they can POSSIBLY play early and be on their way to the NFL in a 3 or so years.

If you were a super WR, why wouldn't you want to play under Hartline? Georgia is kind of doing the same with their defense now. If I was a super HS defensive player, I'd definitely give playing under Kirby a long, hard look
They must not understand numbers then. You simply cannot have 3 or 4 top 100 WRs per class and get all of them on the field. They have to be smart enough to realize that the washout rate is going to approach 25 to 50%. Top 100 WRs don't show up to maybe get some reps their senior year.

To that I say, why are you leaving? I completely understand WHY you chose to go there. It's why one would leave so quickly that is baffling if you went for the reason stated.

Not arguing that but with a top coach a the absolute best and most loyal fan base in the country, I really think they can turn the tables.

22 years and counting. Rhule has got to leverage NIL and bring in some difference makers.

They must not understand numbers then. You simply cannot have 3 or 4 top 100 WRs per class and get all of them on the field. They have to be smart enough to realize that the washout rate is going to approach 25 to 50%. Top 100 WRs don't show up to maybe get some reps their senior year.
They are young all think they will be better than the other guys. Jaxon Smith Njigba and Jameson Williams were rated as something like in the top 50-70 players- not top 5 or 20. Chris Olave was a 3 star. They also figure they will be coached up and if can't get playing time early, it is easy to leave. (and more power to the right of players to leave if they don't get playing time)

His second incident in 10-12 years. There probably is an issue.
I think the key is that there has been zero consequences on his career after 2 DUIs. It is the greenlight for this behavior not just for Hartline but it tells anyone in the Ohio St program that they can drive drunk and Ohio St will cover for them.

That is until an incident like Georgia just had occurs that takes lives. But that's what happens when winning is all that matters and even coaches are modeling criminal behavior without consequences.

....and if it doesn't work out for you at OSU, transfer to Alabama and get drafted in the first round anyway....beyond the ranking out of high school, I think there's a different attitude towards competition and improvement between our two schools, and hopefully the new WR coach can close some of those gaps.

....and if it doesn't work out for you at OSU, transfer to Alabama and get drafted in the first round anyway....beyond the ranking out of high school, I think there's a different attitude towards competition and improvement between our two schools, and hopefully the new WR coach can close some of those gaps.
Except life doesn't always work out that way. Suppose Jameson Williams had transferred to Bama and gotten even a minor injury that prevented him from becoming an All-American over the WRs at Ohio St that he couldn't see playing time against? You would have had a 1st rd pick that would have been of football because he made the wrong decision on which school to commit to out of HS and then stuck with it to long.

IMO, the only way you are picking Ohio St as a WR right now is if you do what Kaleb Brown did and leave after the 1st year if not seeing time. You need to get on the field somewhere and the lowest probability of that at the WR position right now is at Ohio St. Otherwise you are very much risking your opportunity to showcase what you can do for the next level. If you have no aspirations of the next level, by all means stick it out at Ohio St as they recruit over you.

Kids aren't afraid of competition. It why Georgia Alabama and Ohio State recruit how they do every year. If it doesn't work you leave. Not a big deal.

Reactions: Eph97
He was on an ATV. Literally no one cares other than a handful of people here. Might hurt him if he wants to be a HC but zero impact in his current role
And I'm not up on all of the details, but wasn't he also on private property - his own - and not endangering the public?

Reactions: PSU_Nut
And I'm not up on all of the details, but wasn't he also on private property - his own - and not endangering the public?
I guess the law ceases to exist on private property in Ohio. Maybe that is what Terrelle Pryor meant by "“Not everybody’s the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever.”

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
I guess the law ceases to exist on private property in Ohio. Maybe that is what Terrelle Pryor meant by "“Not everybody’s the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever.”
Lol that has nothing to do with a dude riding an ATV on his own property. This is the stuff that resulted in people enjoying Paterno's fall from grace. This holier than thou bullshit.

We all break laws every day. Most people have driven at some point when they shouldn't have whether that's a vehicle or ATV. Doesn't make you a bad person. Now killing and stealing is a different story but these posts come off as "Ohio State is better than us so I need to attack them over something no one else cares about"

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
Right on cue - it's about Ohio State

Right on cue - it's about Ohio State
Yes you are. So do we have you in the camp that a 2nd DUI incident that required hospitalization isn't a big deal since it occurred on private property?

Seriously, you wonder why Ohio St players have quotes like Pryor's. They are being taught, no trained, that there are zero consequences to multiple offenses at a crime that kills thousands of innocent people every year. Where is your line? Is it if you find out that Strauss sexually assaulted your own son that you sent to Ohio St in the heyday of their sex scandal? When your son comes and tells you this, do you finally think that there ought to be consequences for crimes committed in that program?

Is it if you find out that Strauss sexually assaulted your own son that you sent to Ohio St in the heyday of their sex scandal? When your son comes and tells you this, do you finally think that there ought to be consequences for crimes committed in that program?
Jesus man. Why would a PSU fan bring this up? Your fellow PSU fans have to be cringing on this board. You said yesterday it was others bringing the sexual stuff up, BUT IT'S YOU. You're a sicky

Jesus man. Why would a PSU fan bring this up? Your fellow PSU fans have to be cringing on this board. You said yesterday it was others bringing the sexual stuff up, BUT IT'S YOU. You're a sicky
You sent your own son to Ohio St in Strauss's heyday and still defend crimes within Ohio St's program. You are the sicky. It's your own freaking son for God sakes.

Jesus Christ man. Do you even think through what you're posting on this board?
Would you send your own son to a program that covered up thousands of sex abuse cases by one of their doctors? The Ohio St fanboy that posts as a ND fan did. He admitted it on this site. And he is still trying to defend other repeat offenders of serious crimes in that same program.

Would you send your own son to a program that covered up thousands of sex abuse cases by one of their doctors? The Ohio St fanboy that posts as a ND fan did. He admitted it on this site. And he is still trying to defend other repeat offenders of serious crimes in that same program.
Seriously, you're coming unglued. You need to quit bringing this topic up and I have the feeling that many of your fellow PSU fans wish the same thing

Last edited:
Seriously, you're coming unglued. You need to quit bringing this topic up and I have the feeling that many of your fellow PSU fans wish the same thing
Is that why the same buckeye fans including those such as yourself that are so insecure that they need to post as if they were a fan of another program always show up to defend REPEAT OFFENSES OF SERIOUS CRIMES within the buckeye program? None of you have any morals whatsoever. You only want to hide the crimes within your program.

Here we have a thread that that initially drew insecure Ohio St fanboys because of a top WR leaving your program. But now you have all have lined up like good little soldiers to come down on the side of defending repeat crimes, in this case a crime leading to a hospitalization and thank God not worse. But that is coming if you keep covering these patterns of crime up and having zero consequences for the offenders. It teaches everyone in that buckeye program that it is perfectly fine to commit crimes and even have a pattern of serious crimes because Ohio St will make sure it goes away.

Is that why the same buckeye fans including those such as yourself that are so insecure that they need to post as if they were a fan of another program always show up to defend REPEAT OFFENSES OF SERIOUS CRIMES within the buckeye program? None of you have any morals whatsoever. You only want to hide the crimes within your program.

Here we have a thread that that initially drew insecure Ohio St fanboys because of a top WR leaving your program. But now you have all have lined up like good little soldiers to come down on the side of defending repeat crimes, in this case a crime leading to a hospitalization and thank God not worse. But that is coming if you keep covering these patterns of crime up and having zero consequences for the offenders. It teaches everyone in that buckeye program that it is perfectly fine to commit crimes and even have a pattern of serious crimes because Ohio St will make sure it goes away.
Whatever.

I guess the law ceases to exist on private property in Ohio.
He admitted to had been drinking before...he never said how much. Was it two beers or was it 12 beers? Secondly I imagine the majority of this board have operated a motor vehicle while drinking on private property. Ever have a beer golfing while driving a golf cart? Technically you can get a DUI on that but do you see the cops patrolling the golf course?

I always laugh when Penn State fans on this board support Online Persona...dude doesn't understand any sport and is literally just envious of all other programs to the point he cries about stuff constantly. Good luck with that

He admitted to had been drinking before...he never said how much. Was it two beers or was it 12 beers? Secondly I imagine the majority of this board have operated a motor vehicle while drinking on private property. Ever have a beer golfing while driving a golf cart? Technically you can get a DUI on that but do you see the cops patrolling the golf course?
Won't do any good trying to explain stuff to him. It's about OSU. Get ready for his return rant.

And yes, I've also operated vehicles on private property while drinking

I always laugh when Penn State fans on this board support Online Persona...dude doesn't understand any sport and is literally just envious of all other programs to the point he cries about stuff constantly. Good luck with that
He's in another world and impossible to have an open conversation with - especially anything OSU when he just goes off the rails. If you disagree with him, you're automatically tagged an OSU fanboy

Reactions: LandoComando
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT