ADVERTISEMENT

Edinboro open

Jax is an animal. Doesn’t look that good but he can wrestle. What are they doing in that room? It is a shame we won’t see him win this year at Hershey. He would have a serious shot at scoring technicial falls for four straight years at states. Jax is a must get for Penn State. He has more potential than Shapiro
NO way does he have more potential than Shapiro. Shapiro is going to be a generational-type talent before its all said and done. Plus, he is handling opponents at 149 (not 125) being 17/18 years old.

Forrest is best at McCort, but I think 3rd/4th best in HS right now, behind Lilledahl, Shapiro, Duke, and possibly Valencia

aden valencia took a high school loss this year and forrest split with lilledahl.
Still think Lilledahl has higher ceiling, but that is JMO. Valencia alone on beating a college AA gets my nod there too. Like Forrest a lot, just think these guys have slightly higher ceiling.

Reactions: js8793
aden valencia took a high school loss this year and forrest split with lilledahl.
Jax actually leads the series 2-1 against Lilledahl. People are going crazy about Valencia because he won that college open and beat Rayvon but his high school results don’t put him in the category wrestlingmind is. He’s ranked 13th in his weight class and not ranked pound for pound.

Last edited:
NO way does he have more potential than Shapiro. Shapiro is going to be a generational-type talent before its all said and done. Plus, he is handling opponents at 149 (not 125) being 17/18 years old.
How can you be that definitive?! Shapiro is great and probably going to be a multiple time champ or at least finalist but Jax will still have 3 more years of high school to improve. He has jumped levels so much in the past year and a half and I’m pretty sure his trajectory will continue to go up. Shapiro is the best kid high school age this year but I put Jax 2nd and he’s only a freshman. Having 3 more years to develop is a huge deal. I would love to have either kid but Jax is my preference

Reactions: nitlion6
Shapiro is very good but I don’t know if he was scoring 20 on college kids. Jax is a must grab for psu. All in on this boy.
Which college wrestlers though? He's wrestled 3 opens and has two losses, one to Sheldon Seymour and he got teched by Matt Ramos.

Plus, Shapiro is literally hanging 20 on college kids. He's wrestled 4 opens this year. He forfeited out of Edinboro after one match. He won the other 3 (including 2 that Forrest wrestled in and didn't win). He's 14-0 with a 92% bonus percentage.

Shapiro is very good but I don’t know if he was scoring 20 on college kids. Jax is a must grab for psu. All in on this boy.
This is easily looked up on WrestleStat, except for pins, many of which can be found on FloArena with some effort.

Shapiro has 1 regular decision match this year -- 8-3 over Hillegas.

Regardless, is hanging 20 on a 1-5 Open opponent really some kind of selling point for Forrest over Shapiro or vice versa? Mike Evans is not impressed.

Which college wrestlers though? He's wrestled 3 opens and has two losses, one to Sheldon Seymour and he got teched by Matt Ramos.

Plus, Shapiro is literally hanging 20 on college kids. He's wrestled 4 opens this year. He forfeited out of Edinboro after one match. He won the other 3 (including 2 that Forrest wrestled in and didn't win). He's 14-0 with a 92% bonus percentage.
Was Shapiro winning them as a HS freshman? You dont think Forrest will be winning college opens when HE is a HS senior?

He bumped up to 157 yesterday because of the Brayton Lee injury and gave Model a battle before losing on a late TD 11-9.
Began his HS career in Oregon and was always in the rankings around the middle to back half IIRC from my time at Open Mat

Reactions: dicemen99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT