ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman portaled

This blows my mind since his dad is huge around the Mizzu program

Are we a likely place for him? I guess Nick could RS, or someone could go up to 149 for a year. Still, maybe he ends up somewhere else?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Pretty interesting development given the relationship between Mizzou and his father/coach Mike Eierman, who also coaches J'den Cox. I have to figure (this is pure speculation, I know nothing) that some rift developed between Mike Eierman and the Mizzou staff; or some opportunity opened for Mike Eierman with another staff. Hell, maybe Jaydin is going out on his own completely, and that's the rift. I could be totally off base but I'd have figured Jaydin as one of the least likely suspects to transfer out of his situation.

Reactions: diggerpup
Yes and looking for a location with a strong RTC
Maybe his dad got a job at Coe College.

Seriously: gotta think this will go down pretty quickly. If this isn't about Olympics training, then why not wait until after the Trials?

No inside info, thinking Wisconsin makes a ton of sense. Their RTC coach made the Olympics with a similar style, and they know each other.

Wisconsin does make some sense. J’den’s coach at this point is mostly KJ, right?

Maybe Mike is moving too. Maybe him and Papa Fix are teaming up.

I would still like to see him and here.

Well for years we heard about "The Spencer Lee effect". Truth be told Iowa has rebuilt and I think they can credit both Desanto and Teasdale to Spencer.

We now have the Snyder effect....

Check that, the DT, Zain, Bo, Nolf and Snyder effect....

Check that, the Cael effect!

To be honest; and of course I admit I am a total homer and as biased as they come, I can't see why PSU isn't a slam dunk for Eierman, Kerk, Echemendia, and Busiello.

Money aside, everywhere else is a distant second best. One would think we should land at least two of them.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand hitting the portal with only 1 year of eligibility left. To get a degree you need 60 units at most schools and that means a full year of any kind of scholy out of pocket. Not easy at any school he chooses.

Saw he is a redshirt so maybe he graduates this year during his Oly then use his last year as a grad school transfer. Makes sense now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Not sure I understand hitting the portal with only 1 year of eligibility left. To get a degree you need 60 units at most schools and that means a full year of any kind of scholy out of pocket. Not easy at any school he chooses.

Saw he is a redshirt so maybe he graduates this year during his Oly then use his last year as a grad school transfer. Makes sense now.
Maybe he graduated on time in 4 years?

If not, it doesn't have to be that onerous. Schools process transfer waivers. And the financial piece after 1 year ... if put on staff, he gets an employee discount.

To be honest; and of course I admit I am a total homer and as biased as they come, I can't see why PSU isn't a slam dunk for Eierman, Kerk, Echemendia, and Busiello.

Money aside, everywhere else is a distant second best. One would think we should land at least two of them.

I don't really understand the desire that we get every single top transfer or recruit. First, we only have 10 spots. Second, at some point, I'd rather just go with our guys. Those guys all had their chance to come here and chose somewhere else.

This seems odd to me. Even if he is looking for a better RTC situation, I would think J’den’s experience and growth at the OTC would look good to him. Finish college and then go out there.

I don’t see us as a good fit with Zain in the room already, but I guess you never know.

I’ll be interested in anything else that comes out, or at least baseless speculation from the end result.

Could look at this a few ways. First and foremost I believe this is the least likely off all the names swirling right now to land in happy valley. Pro’s: he wrestling’s at 41/49 next year when Iowa has their last shot with spencer, then after you have a guy in the room at the same weight as zain but as said before iron sharpens iron. Cons: just one year of eligibility, and it’s not even going to be for another year, then he’s here post grad at a weight we really don’t need, and it may not have a positive effect on zain. The staff will know what is best.

Bader just posted an interview with Eierman on Flo, which I assume is behind a paywall. Key takeaways:

*He's leaving MIZZOU because he was stagnate there and it's just time to move on.
*His paramount consideration is finding the best RTC program to help him develop and pursue his post-college wrestling career.
*He knows already where he plans to go -- has only 1 school in mind -- and is talking to those coaches now and will visit soon. He hopes to start training at that location soon in prep for the U.S. Open.
*Bader pressed him several times for the name of the school, but Eierman said "you'll know soon enough."
*Eierman said he's always wanted to go to this particular school but he prematurely committed to MIZZOU as a high schooler without fully considering options.

wow! so how many of these will we get?

Kirkvliet
Busiello
Eierman

and not to forget Echemendia--not a transfer, but reopened recruiting--let not forget that he and RBY both from same school.

If Kerk or Echemendia come to PSU, folks at HR be like
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT