ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman portaled

They certainly do look tough in 2021. Well, after we win again this year, if they pull it off next year, then we'll just have to follow-up with ANOTHER 9 out of 10 from 2022 to 2031.

WE ARE!!!

Reactions: danoftw
Bull, that board whines like little kids. I hate the portal, slush fund, donations. Just like the bullshit slamming Gavin and DeSanto. Now they're rock star worthy and the portal is awesome. Get real. Tell Vodka to have another drink so he can keep talking sh%t yer claiming he's not talking sh%t. Y'all got a wrestler through the portal today yet had a post complaining mostly about the portal. It's a giant conspiracy and the whole world cheats except Iowa. I forgot, Cael doesn't develop wrestlers, only recruits and that came from a 5 million dollar donation. We know because a Iowa insider said so. Lmao.
bnicolls cracked the case!!!

Just because one may be rich does not mean you can’t be off your rocker (e.g. Elon Musk, etc). They have a few guys who clearly are respected professionals - given their twitter profiles, but are near-complete lunatics when it comes to their Iowa wrestling against the world mentality.

I was so tempted to ask bnicolls and WWdM - both Inner Circle leaders and acolytes of Gable - what they thought of Gable’s very flexible use of in-State scholarships for non-Iowans. So flexible that his interpretation of the rule was shared by almost no other big 10 coach in any sport to the same degree. Too bad the NCAA only reviewed a short period of time as we only got a partial picture of what he was up to.

Iowa has to be considered the favorite in 2021 at this point, but a lot can happen in a year.

Just because one may be rich does not mean you can’t be off your rocker (e.g. Elon Musk, etc). They have a few guys who clearly are respected professionals - given their twitter profiles, but are near-complete lunatics when it comes to their Iowa wrestling against the world mentality.

I was so tempted to ask bnicolls and WWdM - both Inner Circle leaders and acolytes of Gable - what they thought of Gable’s very flexible use of in-State scholarships for non-Iowans. So flexible that his interpretation of the rule was shared by almost no other big 10 coach in any sport to the same degree. Too bad the NCAA only reviewed a short period of time as we only got a partial picture of what he was up to.
Yeah, the booster who funded the slush so Cael could win titles a couple years after Cael started winning titles and paid to have new facilities built in some year when facilities weren't built, told him all about it over lunch.Doesn't seem to make sense, but he's not trying to give some PSU history, he's just telling the facts.

Iowa looks tough in 2021? Hell, enjoy 2020!
Cael, Cody, Casey and team have put forth a huge effort to give us something to enjoy and have fun with in 2020, and those same ingredients combined with time will take care of 2021.

Bwi = a guy posts he would rather just root for our guys
HR = good lord Cael just cheats and brings these guys in overtop of his own. The portal is a tool instituted by Cael for Penn State, blah, blah, blah, wonk, wonk, wonk.
Turk = plenty of bitching on both boards.
Yeah, OK.
Do you not actually read both forums? There is plenty of whining on bwi.

Reactions: WildTurk
Transfer coming in to replace graduating transfer. Tommy is the best developer of talent and knows how to get the most out of guys.

Lugo before Iowa = 0 time AA.
After Iowa = AA and currently ranked top 6.

Desanto before Iowa = 0 AA
After Iowa = AA and currently ranked 2nd at 133.

Seems to me that TnT must be doing something right. Apparently, Eierman agrees.

Is anyone saying that TnT aren't good coaches? Anyway, Lugo and DeSanto probably aren't the examples you want to use. Lugo was the NCAA 8 seed for Edinboro in 2017 and underperformed. DeSanto was the 7 seed for Drexel in 2018 and then lost his mind. Both were AA-level talents before going to Iowa. Good for TnT for recognizing already established talent to transfer in to fill in the gaping chasms of their recruiting. They're adding new chapters to the 3 inch binder.

Last edited:
Here I thought danoftw was being sarcastic. I didn't realize he was being sincere in his praise of Brands.o_O

FIFY

Yep, gotta give TnT credit. DeSanto didnt try to break anyone's arms last season and Lugo outperformed his seed this time. And if you didnt recognize what danoftw was saying then :confused: back at ya. (Channeling my inner Roar didnt last very long. Sorry. :))

Is anyone saying that TnT aren't good coaches? Anyway, Lugo and DeSanto probably aren't the examples you want to use. Lugo was the NCAA 8 seed for Edinboro in 2017 and underperformed. DeSanto was the 7 seed for Drexel in 2018 and then lost his mind. Both were AA-level talents before going to Iowa. Good for TnT for recognizing already established talent to transfer in to fill in the gaping chasms of their recruiting. They're adding new chapters to the 3 inch binder.

> 83% of the banter about iowa on this forum is about the lunatic fringe of the tHR.

××× Maybe once or twice at most I think someone posted a dancing video of brands but that was good humor and people laughed. ×××

Until they process it's the board not the team that draws out the nonsense, the nonsense will continue.

Ya'll are pissing and moaning about the amount of pissing and moaning on wrestling-centric online forums.

Friends, it ain't that serious. If it is, I say we settle it with WAR GAMES. TWO RINGS. A STEEL CAGE THAT COVERS BOTH. EACH GROUP STARTS WITH 1 MAN IN THE CAGE. OVER TIME, TEAMS STAGGER ENTRIES WITH TIME PERIODS. ONCE EVERYONE ENTERS, A MATCH PARTICIPANT IS ONLY ELIMINATED BY SUBMISSION, SURRENDER, OR KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS. LAST TEAM MEMBER'S STANDING WINS.

Iowa looks tough in 2021? Hell, enjoy 2020!
Cael, Cody, Casey and team have put forth a huge effort to give us something to enjoy and have fun with in 2020, and those same ingredients combined with time will take care of 2021.

You bet. Iowa didn't see Teasdale or Eireman coming in their wildest dreams this time last year, they have really upgraded their team. We have a few holes next year - who knows what might happen between now and then. I am going to sit back and enjoy 2019/2020 and trust in Cael.

Reactions: diggerpup

That is weak example of cause and effect. Ever consider that Desanto and Lugo might have achieved similar results without transferring? :oops:

I will be nice to find out how much Iowa paid him to go there. @Iowaslushfundstrikesagain

Iowa has to be considered the favorite in 2021 at this point, but a lot can happen in a year.

I am not losing any sleep over Iowa. In 2021 PSU is adding 5 guys to the roster that will be Freshman eligibles but are Sophmores and Juniors in disguise due to greyshirting and redshirting. Plus these guys will have been rolling around with some of the best wrestlers in the country in the NLWC. Lee, Starocci, Brooks, Beard and Nevills will keep PSU at the top.

That must have slipped passed Vodka somehow...

Reactions: Hotshoe and danoftw
Here I thought danoftw was being sarcastic. I didn't realize he was being sincere in his praise of Brands.o_O

FIFY
Sorry for the confusion. It is sarcasm.
I save all my Tommy praise for the Cael cheats,recruits over guys,poaches,slush,roids,isn't loyal,can't coach,threw a chair, etc threads on your board

Truly focusing on what's important and our loyalties a fans, and the answer to how to deal with fringe fans from other teams is really, really, really, really easy. Penn State, Cael and the rest of the coaches, the state of Pennsylvania, you name it -- none of them need to be defended in the way some do.

I've been blessed to be able to travel for wrestling duals and tournaments. Along the way, have had many respectful, candid conversations with fans from other teams. A high majority are solid, wrestling-loving folks that root hard for their team without bashing others. Yet some focus on the one-percenters. The one-percenters get a big, fat meh from me. Quote I heard recently, from a well-respected man -- "you don't need to be a jerk to be a fan".

To be fair, if the shoe was on the other foot -- i.e., ADS and Lugo making gains in NCAA placement while wearing the PSU singlet -- there would be no shortage of posters here giving credit to Cael for helping them to get there.

Remember, part of the formula is having guys ready psychologically and physically come March; it's not 100% about innate talent. We've been touting that as one of Cael's greatest skills as a coach for years now. Where ADS & Lugo fell short (no pun intended) in prior years, they made gains in March 2019, on Iowa's watch.

Iowa has a good team, and it's good for the sport, but they're just not that important right now.

First dual is this Sunday, and it's against NAVY. For now, that's my focus. Line 'em up, and let's get started.

:)

giphy.gif

Reactions: danoftw
Truly focusing on what's important and our loyalties a fans, and the answer to how to deal with fringe fans from other teams is really, really, really, really easy. Penn State, Cael and the rest of the coaches, the state of Pennsylvania, you name it -- none of them need to be defended in the way some do.

I've been blessed to be able to travel for wrestling duals and tournaments. Along the way, have had many respectful, candid conversations with fans from other teams. A high majority are solid, wrestling-loving folks that root hard for their team without bashing others. Yet some focus on the one-percenters. The one-percenters get a big, fat meh from me. Quote I heard recently, from a well-respected man -- "you don't need to be a jerk to be a fan".
so, you're saying these boards don't represent the entire fan base? :rolleyes:

PA, PA Transfer, Transfer, PA, Illinois, PA

Yep. T&T has found a formula. 2/3 PA, 1/3 Transfers and a random top 3 recruit.

But it's funny to go to an RTC that has no success except at 57 thinking you'll be better off there than at the NLWC.

Not an Iowa guy, but who has earned a medal, at the Senior World's or Olympics, from the NLWC at 57/65? At the lower weights, Iowa has proven to be a better room. That's just facts. I know you won't see it that way, but look objectively and not with your blue and white shades on.

Gilman made multiple teams and was a World Silver. Ramos made multiple teams. The NLWC had Molinaro at the Olympics, once and no World's, and Zain not putting up very good showings at his 2 Worlds.

If we're keeping count, that's 1-0, in the medal count, and at least 3-1 (Possible 4-1. Can't remember if Ramos wrestled for bronze once or twice.) in wrestling in a medal match. Not to mention a 4-3 advantage at making World teams, in the last 5 years.

Reactions: Grip220
Not an Iowa guy, but who has earned a medal, at the Senior World's or Olympics, from the NLWC at 57/65? At the lower weights, Iowa has proven to be a better room. That's just facts. I know you won't see it that way, but look objectively and not with your blue and white shades on.

Gilman made multiple teams and was a World Silver. Ramos made multiple teams. The NLWC had Molinaro at the Olympics, once and no World's, and Zain not putting up very good showings at his 2 Worlds.

If we're keeping count, that's 1-0, in the medal count, and at least 3-1 (Possible 4-1. Can't remember if Ramos wrestled for bronze once or twice.) in wrestling in a medal match. Not to mention a 4-3 advantage at making World teams, in the last 5 years.
Fair point at 57/61 kg.

Who at Iowa has merited being in that conversation at 65/70 kg?

Two entirely different discussions.

Gilman is stuck behind Fix, and is Lee’s knee gonna still be in one piece come April.

Zain and DT are legitimate threats to make not just a World Team, but the OLY team.
Do you seriously think HWC has more potential than NLWC??

Fair point at 57/61 kg.

Who at Iowa has merited being in that conversation at 65/70 kg?

Two entirely different discussions.

Molinaro qualified for the 2016 Olympics. What else has NLWC done at 65/70? Honest question.

Back to my original point, why wouldn't he want to train in IC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT