ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman portaled

wow! so how many of these will we get?

Kirkvliet
Busiello
Eierman

and not to forget Echemendia--not a transfer, but reopened recruiting--let not forget that he and RBY both from same school.

I have 0 inside information but I would set the over/under at .5 & take the under. Logically it really does not make any sense that any of the transfer portal individuals would choose PSU.

Not sure I understand hitting the portal with only 1 year of eligibility left. To get a degree you need 60 units at most schools and that means a full year of any kind of scholy out of pocket. Not easy at any school he chooses.

Saw he is a redshirt so maybe he graduates this year during his Oly then use his last year as a grad school transfer. Makes sense now.

Generally those on ORS aren't taking any classes or at most a very small load since they have to pay their own way. Not to mention traveling to international tournaments, etc.

Not sure I understand hitting the portal with only 1 year of eligibility left. To get a degree you need 60 units at most schools and that means a full year of any kind of scholy out of pocket. Not easy at any school he chooses.

Saw he is a redshirt so maybe he graduates this year during his Oly then use his last year as a grad school transfer. Makes sense now.

Grad transfers don't enter the portal.

Iowa Hawkeyes by elimination: RTC is most important So....
PSU is out because of Zain
tOSU is out because of Sasso
Okie State is out because.......6 shooter celebration plus all the new scholarship talent coming
Iowa is in because Lugo is out next year....plus closer to home.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAROY
Mineo's board, should be renamed The Broken Clock. Cannot understand why anyone gives them an ounce of credence.

Example highlighted in the other thread:
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/transfer-portal-is-growing.251503/page-2#post-4448949

I'm not sure I'd go that far. He seems to be right more often than not (and to be fair I think he said the Eierman to Nebraska claim was really just his guess (that he was 99.9% sure of, whatever that means)). That said, I don't think he has too many direct sources, he just seems to read a lot of message boards/twitter/instagram accounts and then is able to get that info out to more people.

Of course he has had some major misses, and doesn't necessarily own up to them (biggest I recall are the Teske arrested "story" as well as I think he is where the recent "Dresser getting fired" story kinda started).

Regardless of the sources, it's in fan's best interest, imo, to be patient and wait for official announcements (in our case, from PSU Athletics/coaches). Too many inconsistent, irresponsible sources … and the adage that "if it's on the internet, it must be true" thing hasn't proven to be solid either.

If Eierman would like to become a more aggressive wrestler wouldn't Nlwc help him in that quest. But the deal breaker would be to put his Olympic red shirt on hold and be ready to roll for the second semester.

I believe:
none of what I hear (brother in law)
half of what I read (Roar included lol)
83% of what I see (Jason Nolf)

Reactions: danoftw
Grad transfers don't enter the portal.
I just watched an interview with Kyle Conel and I swear he said he was talking with a buddy about his interest in PSU right after being in the portal. Maybe I am mis-remembering.

My bad, I thought Kyle came as a grad student since he is taking basically mba classes, but he is listed as senior.

Reactions: nitlion6
I'm not sure I'd go that far. He seems to be right more often than not (and to be fair I think he said the Eierman to Nebraska claim was really just his guess (that he was 99.9% sure of, whatever that means)). That said, I don't think he has too many direct sources, he just seems to read a lot of message boards/twitter/instagram accounts and then is able to get that info out to more people.

Of course he has had some major misses, and doesn't necessarily own up to them (biggest I recall are the Teske arrested "story" as well as I think he is where the recent "Dresser getting fired" story kinda started).
He also deleted the Schon to Rutgers announcement instead of correcting it.

For someone who gets a lot of things wrong, he sure loves to dunk on people with better track records. Especially bad if he doesn't have real sources.

He's probably 99.9% sure Eierman's father wrestled at Nebraska. The other 0.1% is reserved for relevant facts.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
He also deleted the Schon to Rutgers announcement instead of correcting it.

Yeah that's what he did with the Dresser stuff too. Although that one may actually have something to do with why he had to start a new group.

It's being reported that he chose the Iowa Hawkeyes. More power to him.

I just watched an interview with Kyle Conel and I swear he said he was talking with a buddy about his interest in PSU right after being in the portal. Maybe I am mis-remembering.

My bad, I thought Kyle came as a grad student since he is taking basically mba classes, but he is listed as senior.
kind of neat to see kyle invoke the f** word when describing his time with ps thus far.

If Eierman would like to become a more aggressive wrestler wouldn't Nlwc help him in that quest. But the deal breaker would be to put his Olympic red shirt on hold and be ready to roll for the second semester.

Deal breaker? I think we would take Eireman for this year (2nd Semester) or next year at his preference. I also see 149 as the better target, but Nick could redshirt next year as well.

Regardless of the sources, it's in fan's best interest, imo, to be patient and wait for official announcements (in our case, from PSU Athletics/coaches). Too many inconsistent, irresponsible sources … and the adage that "if it's on the internet, it must be true" thing hasn't proven to be solid either.
Agree but nothing wrong with some "what if's" This board would be awful boring and quite without some fan conjecture.

Iowa--Hmm---T & T couldn't coach anyone up to beat Zain for 4 years in college, So, I am guessing they wont be able to do it in FS either.
Best of luck to JE.

Reactions: nitlion6
Iowa--Hmm---T & T couldn't coach anyone up to beat Zain for 4 years in college, So, I am guessing they wont be able to do it in FS either.
Best of luck to JE.
Coach anyone up to beat Zain! You may want to rethink this statement.

If Brands can’t win a title in 2021 with that lineup, he will never win another. The stars, transfers, and 6th years aligned perfectly with us losing several studs to graduation. We will still challenge them, but Brands better win it or he should be fired.

Reactions: diggerpup
If Brands can’t win a title in 2021 with that lineup, he will never win another. The stars, transfers, and 6th years aligned perfectly with us losing several studs to graduation. We will still challenge them, but Brands better win it or he should be fired.
#2021allin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT