ADVERTISEMENT

FC final chapter not written about Hack says GM

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
For a guy who hasn't played, he gets a lot of pub

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-on-christian-hackenberg-hasnt-been-written/
Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan made quarterback Christian Hackenberg a second-round pick during the 2016 draft, which might lead some to assume that he’d like to see Hackenberg play in a game at some point.

On Tuesday, though, Maccagnan said he was just fine with coach Todd Bowles’ decision not to get Hackenberg into a regular season game in either of his first two seasons. Hackenberg is the third quarterback since the merger to get

drafted in the first two rounds and not play in his first two seasons.

Despite that, Maccagnan said that he thinks Hackenberg has improved over his first two years in the NFL and spoke about him as if he’s part of the team’s plans for the future.

“Players develop at different paces,” Maccagnan said, via the New York Daily News. “Christian is only 22 years old. I don’t think his final chapter has been written yet.”

It’s hard to write a final chapter when you refuse to write the first one, but it’s hard not to draw some conclusions about what one might put on paper about a player who sat behind Bryce Petty for the final weeks of a 5-11 season.

Reactions: step.eng69
I got a grand that says no NFL team is gonna buy a pig in a poke based on GM speak.
I suspect you're right- but nothing ventured nothing gained. a couple of their coaches have already talked him down to minimum value.

I was listening to people who cover the NFL talk about today's QB's. Said the new breed of QB who are viewed as being successful at the NFL level all have a profile. Not so much running QB's, but QB's who have ability to extend play, QB's who can succeed outside the pocket, and QB's who can deliver accurately while running outside the pocket. The old narrative was ability "to throw into tight windows."

Rodgers, Wentz, Goff, Wilson, Mariota, Jameis, all fit this bill. The Brady's of the world and pocket passers are no longer viewed as being the QB's who will be successful.

Read the attributes above, sound like Hack?

I was listening to people who cover the NFL talk about today's QB's. Said the new breed of QB who are viewed as being successful at the NFL level all have a profile. Not so much running QB's, but QB's who have ability to extend play, QB's who can succeed outside the pocket, and QB's who can deliver accurately while running outside the pocket. The old narrative was ability "to throw into tight windows."

Rodgers, Wentz, Goff, Wilson, Mariota, Jameis, all fit this bill. The Brady's of the world and pocket passers are no longer viewed as being the QB's who will be successful.

not in anyway, no

Certainly not. And I agree with them to a certain extent. Did I miss that Brady's team missed the playoffs this year? Thought the Pats gave up Jimmy Garofollo? All very interesting.

Certainly not. And I agree with them to a certain extent. Did I miss that Brady's team missed the playoffs this year? Thought the Pats gave up Jimmy Garofollo? All very interesting.

The Pat's will dread the day that they made that trade. My prediction is that the Niners are the surprise team next year in the NFL. There is always an exception to every rule. You won't see another Brady. Big Ben was also another QB that fit the profile, especially early in his career. Who does Hack remind me? Nick Foles with less accuracy.

His football career right now is at a crossroads
I went down to the crossroads,
Fell down on my knees.
Fell down on my knees.
Asked the Lord above for mercy,
"Save me if you please."

Tried to flag a ride.
Tried to flag a ride.
Nobody seemed to know me,
Everybody passed me by.

I'm going down to Rosedale,
Take my rider by my side.
I'm going down to Rosedale,
Take my rider by my side.
You can still barrelhouse, baby,
On the riverside.

You can run, you can run,
Tell my friend-boy Willie Brown.
You can run, you can run,
Tell my friend-boy Willie Brown.
And I'm standing at the crossroads,
Believe I'm sinking down.

The Pat's will dread the day that they made that trade. My prediction is that the Niners are the surprise team next year in the NFL. There is always an exception to every rule. You won't see another Brady. Big Ben was also another QB that fit the profile, especially early in his career. Who does Hack remind me? Nick Foles with less accuracy.

Ya that 13-3 record and bye are killing them. You are aware that they gifted Garapolo to the Niners just so Jimmy could play.....right?

Ya that 13-3 record and bye are killing them. You are aware that they gifted Garapolo to the Niners just so Jimmy could play.....right?

Yeah the Patriots of all teams are really big on charity and doing everything they can to help other teams. Brady is 40 and a statue, he could be done at the drop of a dime.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT