ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Alright nerds, new #SuicideSquad trailer hit tonight....

Ehh...
Not sure what they are going after with the trailer. Comedy?
Still looks interesting.

This is going to be a dark movie, with dark themes. Hell, the good guys are bad guys. Or - are the bad guys the good guys... :confused:o_O...either way, they're anti-heroes. Its not exactly Superman, truth, justice and the American way! It looks bleak, and dreary and depressing and - damn...what it needs is a bit of humor to keep it fun. So it could be perfect if they play it that way.

I'm hoping it becomes a great Nihilist Comedy. "We're screwed, but let's go save the world" - if its a perfect blend of dark and depressing and funny, it could be great.

Reactions: simons96
I did not see Deadpool yet. Worth it? This movie looks very entertaining.

Ryan Reynolds just won the MTV movie award for best comedic performance, and Deadpool won the award for best fight

it is an insanely violent and hilarious hard-R satire of super hero films

Reactions: hlstone
The Deadpool effect I think. Once Deadpool hit big with R rated raunch/violence, they went back for re-shoots to make it a bit funnier. Has the right tone I think.

I had heard one of the reasons they went back for the re-shoots is that they thought the tone of Batman V Superman was too dark.
Re-shoots scare me. LOL.

Reactions: simons96
I had heard one of the reasons they went back for the re-shoots is that they thought the tone of Batman V Superman was too dark.
Re-shoots scare me. LOL.

jai courtney has publicly dismissed that rumor. he said there were a number of reshoots for technical reasons, and a few needed rewrites

Oh, and I think Margot nails Harley Quinn.

We could do a whole thread on her. (Margot or Dr. Quinzel - take your pick)

Shall we then?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT