ADVERTISEMENT

fC: San Jose State not going back to campus in fall. Psu plays San Diego state

Looks like a fantastic opportunity to set up a system and dorms for 100+ individuals and control the environment to ensure safety while holding on line classes that they can take while at school. Now do you think anyone will try to set up a system to do this?
MLB and NBA pretty much looking at just that.

Reactions: Fayette_LION
I discovered this band from the series finale of Longmire...have really enjoyed listening to them ever since.

What is the rationale behind announcing on May 12th that you will not start school (check calendar) in 3.5 months (!!)?

Why not assume you will be on campus and make contingency plans (regarding online classes, tuition, on campus support staff, etc) if you cannot return to campus?

Why make this decision so early?

Having worked for multiple universities (and worked closely with many others) I do not understand this logic at all.

It's also not clear to me why the mantra appears to be "We cannot have sports without student athletes on campus"?

The metric should be "athletes are student athletes so long as they are doing the same coursework as non-athletes". If the rest of the student body is completely fall coursework entirely online, then there is no reason that student athletes couldn't do the same.

What is the rationale behind announcing on May 12th that you will not start school (check calendar) in 3.5 months (!!)?

Why not assume you will be on campus and make contingency plans (regarding online classes, tuition, on campus support staff, etc) if you cannot return to campus?

Having worked for multiple universities (and worked closely with many others) I do not understand this logic at all.

Because it’s Cali.

It isn’t logical at all. Excellent post.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

I’m sure a dookie had a hand in this logic.

;)

SDSU president (yes, I realize we play SJSU) has just said that they have not ruled out sports for the fall (per Brett McMurphy on twitter)

I have to imagine if one CSU is considering it many (all?) are.

I think no fall sports would be a death blow to all of those athletic departments.

Last edited:
Looks like a fantastic opportunity to set up a system and dorms for 100+ individuals and control the environment to ensure safety while holding on line classes that they can take while at school. Now do you think anyone will try to set up a system to do this?
I don't know what you're referring.......50k + students on campus, I don't know if this will happen. Speculation.

P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S

If San Jose St is not playing this fall, we would just find opponents from among other teams that have cancelled games. For example, if San Diego State is not playing as well, they are hosting UCLA the same weekend we are playing San Jose St - in theory, we could get UCLA to come to Beaver Stadium instead (wouldn't that be a crazy switch!)

There would be some movement, but I don't think teams will ultimately have trouble scheduling games as long as most schools end up playing.

San Jose State is pretty much at the epicenter of Covid 19 early cases in California..

San Jose State is pretty much at the epicenter of Covid 19 early cases in California..
Deaths or positive tests? If deaths, I'll bet they are old folks, not SJS students. Positive tests? Good for them. Their immune systems are good and they're good to go.

Somewhere in suburban Columbus, Andy Katzenmoyer is musing, "Why didn't they have this in my day? Think of it, online Golf 1."
82d2fb51-d2da-4715-9bb8-46cdd7ac7745_2.72083f37cb6f703185cb6e6fbbf3aaac.png

And the revenue would certainly cover the costs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT