ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz complains about Referines (link)

Could holding be called on just about every offensive play, of course. But nobody can say there isn’t a distinct pattern of it not getting called on Michigan or Ohio state as much as it is the rest of the conference.

That “clipping” call on the Iowa OL at the line of scrimmage was classic Referines!
The announcers and even the expert in the studio (Periera?) agreed there was no foul there. Sure scotched the Iowa drive though.

Could holding be called on just about every offensive play, of course. But nobody can say there isn’t a distinct pattern of it not getting called on Michigan or Ohio state as much as it is the rest of the conference.
Add to that the timing of the calls. Typically the calls are “evened out” after the outcome is no longer in question.

Add to that the timing of the calls. Typically the calls are “evened out” after the outcome is no longer in question.
Exactly. The holding that didn’t really happen normally saves Michigan from giving up a 15 or 20 yard run while the holding they call on Michigan with three minutes to go in the fourth quarter while up 17 would have only given them a 1 yard gain.

There are iffy calls in every game but if Ferentz really wanted to dig into the main problem with his team in this game - and many games this year - he needs to look into the mirror. Specifically, why he has his son Brian as the OC. The guy is just totally incompetent and his development of QBs is just shockingly BAD. Michigan was there for the taking.

Their QB - Petras - consistently missed open receivers the whole game and some by a wide margin. That team looks totally LOST on offense and that all traces back to daddy Ferentz. Think he'll ever replace his worthless son as an OC? Not a chance but he'll blame everyone and everything else.

• Love
Reactions: BlkNGld71
There are iffy calls in every game but if Ferentz really wanted to dig into the main problem with his team in this game - and many games this year - he needs to look into the mirror. Specifically, why he has his son Brian as the OC. The guy is just totally incompetent and his development of QBs is just shockingly BAD. Michigan was there for the taking.

Their QB - Petras - consistently missed open receivers the whole game and some by a wide margin. That team looks totally LOST on offense and that all traces back to daddy Ferentz. Think he'll ever replace his worthless son as an OC? Not a chance but he'll blame everyone and everything else.
College football, nepotism, and an incompetent son. Where have I heard that before?

You’re creating a strawman. The refereeing was comically one-sided and biased. Iowa’s offensive ineptitude is a different discussion entirely

You’re creating a strawman. The refereeing was comically one-sided and biased. Iowa’s offensive ineptitude is a different discussion entirely

It's a typical scUM fanboy diversion tactic..... The bad calls happen to everyone.... blah, blah, blah.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
The announcers and even the expert in the studio (Periera?) agreed there was no foul there. Sure scotched the Iowa drive though.
Didn’t watch either game but the announcers and officiating expert in the booth both said calls which went in Michigan’s favor in the Maryland and Iowa game were wrong. Frankly, I think one of the opposing coaches needs to call into question the integrity of the zebras officiating Michigan and OSU games.

Ferentz: “I’m not questioning anybody’s integrity. I’m not going down that road”

It seems like he forgot about his questioning of James Franklin and the Penn State Football program just last year :rolleyes:

Or that he questioned the integrity of B12 Officiating in the ISU game... Iowa's program is repleat with hypocrisy like most of the parochial, myopic traditional-b1g... - but we already knew that didn't we?

Last edited:
Reactions: ram2020
Or that he questioned the integrity of B12 Officiating in the ISU game... Iowa's program is repeat with hypocrisy like most of the parochial, myopic traditional-b1g... - but we already knew that didn't we?
I would have more respect for him if he just came out and said that Michigan, as per usual, was the beneficiary of several calls and non-calls rather than talking like a politician. We all know what he meant and, being the most tenured coach in this conference, could have had a positive effect.

Regarding college football officiating, I don’t know why there has to be conference officials anyway. In college basketball, there are no conference officials; they officiate games in multiple conferences. When you have conference officials, they more likely are going to come from areas within that conference and definitely could have biases for and against certain schools.

I’m not a conspiracy advocate, but favoritism towards OSU and UM have existed since Hector was a pup. Live with it, because it’s never going to change. Sadly it’s so infuriating that I actually have to say this. We all know life isn’t fair, and what we see weekly on imaginary calls proves it.

I watched just a little bit of that game and had had enough. It did look like the fix was in. Sickening.

We know what to expect in our next game. The B1G wants its big game to be really big. This year presents a rare opportunity. Just have to deal with Penn State.

I’m not a conspiracy advocate, but favoritism towards OSU and UM have existed since Hector was a pup. Live with it, because it’s never going to change. Sadly it’s so infuriating that I actually have to say this. We all know life isn’t fair, and what we see weekly on imaginary calls proves it.

When teams are reasonably matched this sort of thing is insurmountable. That is the problem. You have no chance unless OSU or UM gives the game away.

I watched just a little bit of that game and had had enough. It did look like the fix was in. Sickening.

We know what to expect in our next game. The B1G wants its big game to be really big. This year presents a rare opportunity. Just have to deal with Penn State.

I do agree with you - scUM is going to be permitted to hold along the OL with impunity. Outright tackles of defenders will go uncalled. Meanwhile, even if PSU breaks a b1g play early, it won't matter as it will be wiped out by the cheating10 clowns. FOX has called out horrendous officiating in scUM's favor in each of the last two weeks (with FOX's Rules Consultant saying they were inexplicably bad calls in each of the last 2 weeks), but everybody's just imagining these things... lol

Kirk disappoints me. All these years and he still doesn't recognize that he plays in a two team conference.

If you read the fine print that was 5 years ago. The complaint was filed in the circular cabinet and we continue business as normal

I know it was 5 years ago, but it isn't coincidental that coach after coach is questioning the bias of calls specifically in scUM games. You do realize that FOX has questioned the bias and correctness of calls in each of scUM's last two games which were both televised by FOX?

I know it was 5 years ago, but it isn't coincidental that coach after coach is questioning the bias of calls specifically in scUM games. You do realize that FOX has questioned the bias and correctness of calls in each of scUM's last two games which were both televised by FOX?

If you read the fine print that was 5 years ago. The complaint was filed in the circular cabinet and we continue business as normal
GO JIM - GO BLUE !!!!!!;););)

This is absolutely correct. In the rare occasions when OSU or UM are getting hammered you get a fair game because the refs can’t save them.
So in this grand conspiracy that has the corrupt officials essentially paving the way for OSU and UM, who do they side with for "the game"? Coin flip? Better potential for conference success?

If you can't win you can always find blame somewhere else. That is one thing WE ARE good at.

So in this grand conspiracy that has the corrupt officials essentially paving the way for OSU and UM, who do they side with for "the game"? Coin flip? Better potential for conference success?

If you can't win you can always find blame somewhere else. That is one thing WE ARE good at.

Yea, I guess everybody at FOX is part of your "WE ARE" bullshit - kind of funny how FOX came outright and said that multiple calls have stunk in scUM's favor the last two consecutive weeks.

Yea, I guess everybody at FOX is part of your "WE ARE" bullshit - kind of funny how FOX came outright and said that multiple calls have stunk in scUM's favor the last two consecutive weeks.
While you may hang on FOX' every word when it supports your rants I couldn't care less. You blatantly did not answer the question about who gets the calls in "the game". I'll just assume that it was beyond your capabilities. As Clint would say, "a man's gotta know his limitations".

Only thing I've seen so far that is consistent in the whole discussion is your bitching and moaning about the whole landscape is tilted against poor PSU. When you can't find a way to win, always use an excuse.

It's a shame to see a sport with such excitement and pageantry get corrupted like this. Like the US Congress, the only people that can fix the system are the people benefiting from the system.

Think coaches making millions and athletic directors in cushy overpaid jobs are going to rock the boat? Not a chance. Kirk grumbles a bit and then goes home. He's got it good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT