ADVERTISEMENT

First offensive play call tomorrow

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
No, not the jet sweep. Maybe later in the game.

I'm going with an end around or reverse. Oh that Donovan.... He's soooo tricky. Getting the ball to the speedsters......

How about two tight ends ... I formation ISO play... Line up up and play basic fundamental football.

I'm going with an end around or reverse. Oh that Donovan.... He's soooo tricky. Getting the ball to the speedsters......
Any play called by Donovan is offensive.

Probably a handoff to Lynch that gains 17 yards, at which point we'll abandon the running game and go with what we know - the sack game.

Even more basic...pass or run. I'll go with a run as I just have a feeling were going to use a 2 TE - 1 true TE, 1 hybrid TE/H-back "base set" and pound awa6 at them especially 1st Half. If we were going to try the Spread HD, I'd go with pass, but don't think it's going to happen.

5) The wildcat - Hack split out wide left.
4) The wildcat - Hack split out wide right.
3) The wildcat - Hack centering the ball.
4) Hack - five wideouts, QB draw.
1) McSorley with a full house backfield - running the wishbone.

Why should a team try a trick play early against a team they should beat easily?
The time for unconventional plays is when you are desperate. The Steelers did that last night early - they were moving the ball steadily with runs and passes, then for some unknown reason they tried a RB pass. The result was an 8 yard loss and the drive stalled. Dumb.
PSU should try to establish the run, and get TEs in the passing game.

Why should a team try a trick play early against a team they should beat easily?
The time for unconventional plays is when you are desperate. The Steelers did that last night early - they were moving the ball steadily with runs and passes, then for some unknown reason they tried a RB pass. The result was an 8 yard loss and the drive stalled. Dumb.
PSU should try to establish the run, and get TEs in the passing game.
Well....you're no fun....no fun at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT