ADVERTISEMENT

Flo’s lawsuit against Willie and Rokfin

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I'm having real problems with my Youtube account, where videos stop uploading at the 99% mark. It's happened 5 times now, and I'm working on workarounds. Will get back to you.
@tikk10 ...WHERE'S THE WILLIE VIDEO!!!! THE VIDEO!!!!!
giphy.gif

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I'm having real problems with my Youtube account, where videos stop uploading at the 99% mark. It's happened 5 times now, and I'm working on workarounds. Will get back to you.
No problem.

I'll summarize the parts that I listened to yesterday. Willie is a bit of a mess on the stand,but at least he was polite and respectful to Karen. The judge is awesome and can't wait to get rid of Karen. Karen is struggling to establish her narrative and it is leading her to get yelled at a lot. CP and Willie's relationship began to crater when CP became his boss. Any time Willie said anything mildly critical of a program in any sort of public forum, CP would jump on him about it. Apparently CP got physical with Willie and Nomad? Willie was supposed to quit and go to UNC as a recruiter, but Flo may have low key squashed that behind the scenes. After that, he went the Rokfin route. Willie's defense is pushing that Flo had the proverbial "dirty hands" in regards to accessing Willie's private email. The feed ended yesterday right when the judge was beginning to rip into Karen yet again for giving her a meandering goofy answer to a straight forward question about whether or not she had time for another line of questioning.

I figured out the tech problem and will have Monday and Tuesday up tomorrow at some point.

Reactions: eet5017

I think the link always changes but I've learned to just search in Youtube for "Travis County 261"

Pretty cool. Just saw my spreadsheet - among a bunch of others - on a document presented into evidence.

Wonder if FLO will lay claim to ownership of this as well??? (JK)
Just don't call it a "Big Board."

coming back now.

Martin not happy. "You've put up a ton of people's phone numbers! A ton!"

So did Flo really lose many subscribers when Willie first left (before the lawsuit stuff)? I kinda find that hard to believe.

Locking the people out again. But not before CP says that ranked wrestlers never quit

So did Flo really lose many subscribers when Willie first left (before the lawsuit stuff)? I kinda find that hard to believe.
Yes they did and they've not returned now with the trial and not having the Big 10 they're hurting for subs now.The idea to do the tournaments was to drive subs.If subs would've remained high we never would've seen this weight brackets

Yes they did and they've not returned now with the trial and not having the Big 10 they're hurting for subs now.The idea to do the tournaments was to drive subs.If subs would've remained high we never would've seen this weight brackets

I'm asking when Willie first left. I find it hard to believe they lost many subs from November-February, particularly because the season was in full swing. Once March came, covid hit and the season ended, I'm sure they lost a bunch of subscribers. But I doubt there were more than maybe a couple that could be attributed to Willie (I believe according to prior testimony, looking at the "why did you cancel" screen, literally 1 person mentioned Willie).

Not watching. What was the thrust of this question re: 2024 ranked kids all wrestling in college. Why would they ask it?

Don't remember exactly, I mostly started paying attention when Judge Livingston started saying "someone has never broken their leg and not be able to wrestle anymore, or decide wrestling wasn't for them"? I think it was something about whether or not his spreadsheets about the Class of 2024 would still be helpful to him 4 years from now?

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
The lawyers are all dismal. I'd hire the paralegals, Hank and Val. Maybe Brutocao.
Edit- Okay, just Hank.

Last edited:
Not watching. What was the thrust of this question re: 2024 ranked kids all wrestling in college. Why would they ask it?

I think the point was that even if Willie took rankings with him (ie the 2024 big board) that the value is limited to a short period of time because these are constantly changing.

CP didn’t help himself by asserting that no wrestlers ever quit to the judge. Soltaro made this point on cross when he asked CP about Cade Olivas.

I'm asking when Willie first left. I find it hard to believe they lost many subs from November-February, particularly because the season was in full swing. Once March came, covid hit and the season ended, I'm sure they lost a bunch of subscribers. But I doubt there were more than maybe a couple that could be attributed to Willie (I believe according to prior testimony, looking at the "why did you cancel" screen, literally 1 person mentioned Willie).
People dont always put why the cancel.But yes they lost a significant amount during that time frame.Willie has a big high school and jr high following.I know its easy to only focus on Ncaa but most of Willie followers come from high school and jr high

Reactions: 1032004
Other than his statement about ranked guys never quitting, I think CP actually came off OK here. Seemed clear that he cares/cared about Willie and didn't want him to get sued. I'd assume he didn't really want to testify but was forced to.

Reactions: tewlepz and rmg78
Is it me, or is Veliquette trying to be coy, or at least not making it easy on her?

Also, when she thought she had him in a perjury trap, she was like a dog on a bone.

And, Kelly needs a new microphone, or needs to learn how to use the one she has.

I’m seeing videos 2 & 4 on your YouTube channel. Are they mislabeled or are we still waiting for 1 & 3,
No, not mislabeled, 1 & 3 had technical issues. I'm running into an error message that only appears at the last possible moment (uploading 1g+ files to YT takes awhile):

screenshot-studio.youtube.com-2020.11.13-09_22_46.png

The fixes to that problem advise uploading in "classic uploader" but YT has since deprecated classic uploader entirely, and provide zero answers to how one can easily remedy this. Multiple searches have revealed that I'm one of many many people running into the same issue.

FWIW, Texas' "rule of optional completeness"--the thing they just spent a half hour fighting over--is an evidence rule that provides one party an opportunity to rebut potentially misleading testimony, such as if a party offered a statement into evidence like "I didn't shoot the defendant" while omitting "before 11 pm." I really don't get why FloKaren saw the need (and neither did the judge) to employ this because (a) all this evidence can be repackaged at closing and has already been heard; and (b) it's a bench trial, not a jury trial, so jury prejudice isn't really a danger.

Is this kinda what Rokfin tried yesterday with CP? Tried to get CP to admit the lawsuit was about "Martin" but CP said (paraphrasing here) it was about "Martin continuing to take Flo employees"

No, not mislabeled, 1 & 3 had technical issues. I'm running into an error message that only appears at the last possible moment (uploading 1g+ files to YT takes awhile):

The fixes to that problem advise uploading in "classic uploader" but YT has since deprecated classic uploader entirely, and provide zero answers to how one can easily remedy this. Multiple searches have revealed that I'm one of many many people running into the same issue.
You're probably way ahead of me, but have you tried a different browser?

You may need to pour holy water onto the motherboard. 🤔

Hmm. Would it be too much work to convert the video to lower resolution and retry? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Not sure if this will load at the 14:00 mark, but that's where you should start, if you don't have time to watch the whole thing. Here Come the Judge.

Judge: What is Flo's secret sauce behind rankings?
CP: I don't know.

Judge: What involvement did Willie have in NLWC's decision to use Rokfin to stream?
CP: Well, my understanding.
Judge: Nope. What do you know.
CP: In that case I don't know anything.

Reactions: PSU_Lion_Fan
Okay, so I created a new YT account, thinking that might help, and it does seem to have helped.

All the trial videos, except for two on 11-6 (b/c I appear to have hit some daily cap), are here now, sorted by day.

Last edited:
Bummer. Is there another platform besides YouTube that you can upload content to? I guarantee this would never have happened if you were uploading to your Rokfin Channel.

e

Bummer. Is there another platform besides YouTube that you can upload content to? I guarantee this would never have happened if you were uploading to your Rokfin Channel.

e
See comment immediately above yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT