ADVERTISEMENT

Flo’s lawsuit against Willie and Rokfin

What is the purpose of the Judge telling witnesses they can’t discuss they’re testimony with others when the proceedings are being livestreamed?

Best comment so far in this trial! "if you think that, you don't know Cael!" says Martin in response to Karen's question. That was great!!

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Best comment so far in this trial! "if you think that, you don't know Cael!" says Martin in response to Karen's question. That was great!!
Yeah, that was great. Alot of the questions are really being centered around NLWC and their events. I think Flo is really upset that NLWC started a Rokfin (the higherups) channel. It seems that Cael reached out to Willie about Rokfin and streaming their events. Obviously the NLWC events are a huge get and not being on Flo hurts them a bunch.

Yeah, that was great. Alot of the questions are really being centered around NLWC and their events. I think Flo is really upset that NLWC started a Rokfin (the higherups) channel. It seems that Cael reached out to Willie about Rokfin and streaming their events. Obviously the NLWC events are a huge get and not being on Flo hurts them a bunch.
The problem with Flo's argument about NLWC is that they're starting from the presumption that but for NLWC going with Rokfin, they'd have landed that event. But that's hardly a given. I mean, maybe that happens, but without Cael's testimony, you can't treat it as a fact, it was just another opportunity that they didn't land.

The reason Flo is spending so much time on the NLWC event is to show that Rokfin competes with Flo, and that's true in a limited sense, but as Rokfin has pointed out, they're apples and oranges as companies. NLWC creating a Rokfin channel and broadcasting the event themselves gives them options for growth that a deal with Flo wouldn't.

Reactions: Ja1339 and rmg78
What is the purpose of the Judge telling witnesses they can’t discuss they’re testimony with others when the proceedings are being livestreamed?
So a witness's testimony isn't colored by discussions they've had with others, including and especially other witnesses.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
The problem with Flo's argument about NLWC is that they're starting from the presumption that but for NLWC going with Rokfin, they'd have landed that event. But that's hardly a given. I mean, maybe that happens, but without Cael's testimony, you can't treat it as a fact, it was just another opportunity that they didn't land.

The reason Flo is spending so much time on the NLWC event is to show that Rokfin competes with Flo, and that's true in a limited sense, but as Rokfin has pointed out, they're apples and oranges as companies. NLWC creating a Rokfin channel and broadcasting the event themselves gives them options for growth that a deal with Flo wouldn't.
Tikk, I seem to recall Cael saying in recent interview that he initially reached out to Flo regarding streaming the NLWC events.

Without the Rokfin platform, the NLWC event possibly never happens, let alone be available as a stream, along with similar events/content by other creators. In the current covid-world, Rokfin is one of the few bright spots for wrestling at all levels..

Reactions: Creek Side
Tikk, I seem to recall Cael saying in recent interview that he initially reached out to Flo regarding streaming the NLWC events.
Yeah, he did. But it's mostly meaningless to the extent Flo is pretending to have suffered damages due to it. And I don't think they are, actually, it's mostly being held out to argue that Rokfin and Flo are competitors and compete. The details are also being used to characterize the nature of Willie's employment at Rokfin to undermine Rokfin's characterization of its business model.

Reactions: Ja1339
Wrestling is a fairly small tight knit community and Flo’s lawsuits against one of the favorites to destroy his career, silence his voice and take his paycheck from him has cast Flo as the enemy. This reminds me in part of NASCAR in the late 90’s at the peak of their popularity made some changes and alienated a large faction of fans. Are the corporate stiffs at Flo completely tone deaf to how this would play out in public? If Willie is influential enough to pull business away from Flo why didn’t they do everything in their power to keep him rather than discard him to the unknown? Flo f&cked up big time. I am a subscriber chomping at the bit to cancel bc I don’t like what they are doing to this guy. I supported Flo in part for content and in part to promote the growth of wrestling. This horsesh!t of silencing and controlling one of the more well liked and intelligent voices in our sport by a bunch of corporate stiffs tells me 2 things:
1. Flo doesn’t give a crap about our sport, just trying to profit
2. Flo is run by non-wrestlers making money for other non-wrestlers

I’ll cling to my ideals on this and support those who support wrestling #1. Keep up the good work Willie. Flo and Karen and the rest of the circus can go pound sand.

Reactions: Dogwelder
When you cancel you're allowed to list your reason, even if the 420 who've so far canceled have not been allowed into court testimony.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunkej01
Wrestling is a fairly small tight knit community and Flo’s lawsuits against one of the favorites to destroy his career, silence his voice and take his paycheck from him has cast Flo as the enemy. This reminds me in part of NASCAR in the late 90’s at the peak of their popularity made some changes and alienated a large faction of fans. Are the corporate stiffs at Flo completely tone deaf to how this would play out in public? If Willie is influential enough to pull business away from Flo why didn’t they do everything in their power to keep him rather than discard him to the unknown? Flo f&cked up big time. I am a subscriber chomping at the bit to cancel bc I don’t like what they are doing to this guy. I supported Flo in part for content and in part to promote the growth of wrestling. This horsesh!t of silencing and controlling one of the more well liked and intelligent voices in our sport by a bunch of corporate stiffs tells me 2 things:
1. Flo doesn’t give a crap about our sport, just trying to profit
2. Flo is run by non-wrestlers making money for other non-wrestlers

I’ll cling to my ideals on this and support those who support wrestling #1. Keep up the good work Willie. Flo and Karen and the rest of the circus can go pound sand.
They are not trying to destroy Willie, just trying to uphold the non-compete agreement they had in place with him and it was for 1 year. After that he would be free to do whatever. Also, he left Flo, he was not fired. I am sure they wanted to keep him. I like Willie and I like Flo and do not feel like I have to choose one or the other.

Yeah, he did. But it's mostly meaningless to the extent Flo is pretending to have suffered damages due to it. And I don't think they are, actually, it's mostly being held out to argue that Rokfin and Flo are competitors and compete. The details are also being used to characterize the nature of Willie's employment at Rokfin to undermine Rokfin's characterization of its business model.
i always thought that this tweet had something to do with Cael looking for an alternative.

I figured out the tech problem and will have Monday and Tuesday up tomorrow at some point.
Any chance you can email me the video files? I know I’m a pain in the ass, but I’m really anxious to catch up.

They are not trying to destroy Willie, just trying to uphold the non-compete agreement they had in place with him and it was for 1 year. After that he would be free to do whatever. Also, he left Flo, he was not fired. I am sure they wanted to keep him. I like Willie and I like Flo and do not feel like I have to choose one or the other.
I choose Willie!

They are not trying to destroy Willie, just trying to uphold the non-compete agreement they had in place with him and it was for 1 year ...
Also, they are not trying to destroy Willie; that would just be the icing on the cake to them. #sidebenefit :)

Reactions: danoftw

I’d argue that apples and oranges, especially as both fruits, are competing for what those in the food industry call “share of stomach” :)

IMO, I do think Rokfin and Flo are competitors, but only because Rokfin (or more specifically it’s content creators) has gotten into events. I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t envision Judge Livingston thinking Willie broke the non-compete because of his rankings and articles. I think it’s going to come down to whether they can prove Willie played a role in bringing events to Rokfin, particularly the NLWC.

I’ve watched a good portion but not all of the trial. I wasn’t aware they were able to confirm previously that apparently Willie was Cael’s first call about Rokfin. But Martin seemed to admit to that today (although he claims Cael was just asking general questions about the platform). Martin also seemed to make it a point of claiming he told Willie he didn’t want him to be involved in events. Which I guess could set up the possibility of Judge Livingston ruling in Rokfin’s favor but not Willie’s, if there is evidence he did it anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: tikk10
Respectfully disagree. I’m not a lawyer and if I needed one I’d call Tikk10. The non-compete issue is the cloak to drive the dagger into grass roots wrestling coverage. This doesn’t sit well with me. These are bad people IMO.

I just wish Flo would die so we can enjoy wrestling on all the other platforms chomping at the bit to provide wrestling.

I just wiish Flo was All-In for wrestling.... only what they cover.. I've complained before. THis trial is not good. Makes me think of ESPN.... anyone remember when they covered sports? Now it is only what they show (for the most part) and loaded with commercials/advertisements

Reactions: donboy6499
I choose Willie!
9f6u9VL.jpg

What does this mean?

I do know that all the competition and criticism has forced Flo to pivot - more money for athletes, more female matches, etc - it’s been pretty obvious.
But I don’t know what @smalls103 is getting at here

Is it showing Flo’s desperation that they aren’t putting everyone and their mom behind a paywall and actually showing something for free? A huge departure from the paywall mission creep we’ve seen?

Reactions: danoftw and tikk10
What does this mean?

I do know that all the competition and criticism has forced Flo to pivot - more money for athletes, more female matches, etc - it’s been pretty obvious.

Is it showing Flo’s desperation that they aren’t putting everyone and their mom behind a paywall and actually showing something for free? A huge departure from the paywall mission creep we’ve seen?
Yesterday in court Flo was saying those companies were competitiors

What does this mean?

I'm not ascribing much meaning to Willie's reply, which wouldn't be helpful if this exchange took place months ago (because Flo's argument is that they are competitors, Rokfin's argument is that they aren't). I think he's just winking at Flo suddenly shifting from leader to imitator.

Does anybody know when a judgement is going to be ruled on? This can't be cheap for either company with all the people that are on the screen when I check this out every couple of hours. I would guess both parties are paying in excess of $1,000 a day at minimum correct?

And it apparently was scheduled to end yesterday, but I don’t think Karen is even done calling witnesses, and the defense hasn’t called any yet. I can’t imagine Judge Livingston will let it go past next week. But I don’t believe they’ve even blocked off more than 2 days yet (can’t remember exactly)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT