ADVERTISEMENT

Football is here! ND vs Navy

Don’t you just love the beginning of college football all of a sudden this team will beat everyone by 50 or this team will lose to everyone by 50 get ready folks

Well, I think most of us just watched that jaw dropping performance by ND. the power and depth in the OL and DL has to be the best in CF. I don't think there's too much argument over that statement.

ND has 3 big games this year, OSU, Clemson and USC. The Irish will dominate all 3 as they just don't have the power and speed that HD possesses.

ND 38 - OSU 14 - this one will be comical and deflate all of the Nuts.
ND 31 - Clemson 7 - Dabo will be shaking his head for months after this one
ND 21 - USC 0 - Offensive genius Lincoln Riley my a$$.

• Love
Reactions: paddoce
Just saw the end of the Ohio St Georgia game from last year because I was bored. Didn't watch it last year. Surprised how Day turtled up at the end. And listening to the multiple long pauses when herbie was supposed to chime in but couldn't as he was deflated, that's priceless.

Reactions: psu00
Well, I think most of us just watched that jaw dropping performance by ND. the power and depth in the OL and DL has to be the best in CF. I don't think there's too much argument over that statement.

ND has 3 big games this year, OSU, Clemson and USC. The Irish will dominate all 3 as they just don't have the power and speed that HD possesses.

ND 38 - OSU 14 - this one will be comical and deflate all of the Nuts.
ND 31 - Clemson 7 - Dabo will be shaking his head for months after this one
ND 21 - USC 0 - Offensive genius Lincoln Riley my a$$.
ND holds OSU to 14? Not likely.

Nobody - absolutely NOBODY - will stop this ND machine. It's a joke that they weren't ranked in the top 2 or 3 preseason. This is the best ND offense - with Hartmann at QB - in decades. 14-0 already against a really, really good Navy team. Good Lord !
They'll meet again in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind, or your feeble one.

Really? OSU with a new QB and OL. This will be like men (ND) against boys (OSU)
OSU has 3 games to get everyone up to speed before ND. It has 5 starters projected to go in the 1st round of the '24 draft. Also, OSU's defense should be much improved. I expect a close game, could go either way.

Harrison will have 200 yards receiving on top of evergthing else they do. This game did nothing to prepare ND for anyone.
My guess is that this ND guy is really Wolve - or it sure sounds like him. He wears different hats on different boards and he's very good at getting people bent out of shape. And I agree that this one was a mismatch from the beginning.

Reactions: LandoComando
My guess is that this ND guy is really Wolve - or it sure sounds like him. He wears different hats on different boards and he's very good at getting people bent out of shape. And I agree that this one was a mismatch from the beginning.

Maybe every once 'awhile he jes like seein' sailor boy get Al Rokered by a light skin irish hoodlem

I'm not at all. WVU hasn't been good under Brown at any point. Fact or fiction?
I won't criticize him as long as we beat WVU. I'm also not going to pretend he's perfect like you do with all coaches. Like all coaches, he makes decisions that justify criticism. Even Saban is subjected to that--doesn't mean Franklin's not a good (great) coach.
Franklin (and Penn State) wasn't good enough in 2020 and 2021. He righted the ship last year and needs to continue to build on that. Pretending WVU is good (like you probably did with Purdue last year) doesn't alter we are supposed to win that game.
Truthfully, we're not going to get Smart or Saban if we get rid of Franklin so until there's someone obviously better that's unattainable I'm not trying to force him out.
Unlike Harsin and Neal Brown. Harsin shouldn't have gotten a 2nd year--it was obvious what would happen. Brown should have been gone after last year. It's obvious he can't win in the Big XII. 14-21 is what is is. Holgorsen had far more success.
Purdue was a pretty good team last year. All P5 teams have the ability to beat anyone…my problem with your troll job is that you’re acting like WVU is a MAC level team and that’s far from the truth. Any win over a P5 opponent is a good win, with some being better wins than others. You write off teams before they even play a game. That’s what you did last year with Purdue…sorry, not even a genius like you can know what a team is going to be before they’ve even taken a snap, but it sets up your troll job perfectly. If PSU blows them out, then you’ll say it doesn’t prove anything. If they win a close one, then you can bash Franklin. And if they lose, you’ll be in heaven.

Purdue was a pretty good team last year. All P5 teams have the ability to beat anyone…my problem with your troll job is that you’re acting like WVU is a MAC level team and that’s far from the truth. Any win over a P5 opponent is a good win, with some being better wins than others. You write off teams before they even play a game. That’s what you did last year with Purdue…sorry, not even a genius like you can know what a team is going to be before they’ve even taken a snap, but it sets up your troll job perfectly. If PSU blows them out, then you’ll say it doesn’t prove anything. If they win a close one, then you can bash Franklin. And if they lose, you’ll be in heaven.
Purdue was not a good team last year.
No not every P5 win is a good win
And WVU is a low level P5 program under Brown. The standings and all metrics prove that.
If they lose I'll be pissed. If they win a close game I won't bash Franklin. I'll simply acknowledge the reality that we have a lot of improvement to do before we play Ohio State and Michigan.
See the line...the expectation is a comfortable win. Why would anyone want less?
You're trying to claim WVU can win 8 games this year with nothing to support that other than we play them so you want them to be good.

Nobody - absolutely NOBODY - will stop this ND machine. It's a joke that they weren't ranked in the top 2 or 3 preseason. This is the best ND offense - with Hartmann at QB - in decades. 14-0 already against a really, really good Navy team. Good Lord !
A really, really good Navy team? Where can I get some of whatever you’re smoking?

Purdue was not a good team last year.
No not every P5 win is a good win
And WVU is a low level P5 program under Brown. The standings and all metrics prove that.
If they lose I'll be pissed. If they win a close game I won't bash Franklin. I'll simply acknowledge the reality that we have a lot of improvement to do before we play Ohio State and Michigan.
See the line...the expectation is a comfortable win. Why would anyone want less?
You're trying to claim WVU can win 8 games this year with nothing to support that other than we play them so you want them to be good.
But I do have something to support it, they have a very good OLine and they will have their really good RB back from injury and their team last year would have won 7 or 8 games had he not gotten hurt and with a little better QB play, which I think they will get this year.

But I do have something to support it, they have a very good OLine and they will have their really good RB back from injury and their team last year would have won 7 or 8 games had he not gotten hurt and with a little better QB play, which I think they will get this year.

That's not support...that's hope or belief while ignore everything you've seen from them since Brown arrived.

If you're right I'll own I was wrong. If Brown gets fired before the season's over I'm guessing you'll still claim he's a good coach and I'm wrong.

Garrett Greene could surprise-

West Virginia Football: Is the effervescent Garrett Greene poised for a breakout season?​

The Mountaineers have a lightning rod at QB - is he good enough to lead us to the promised land (or at least save Neal Brown’s job)?
By Jordan Pinto@Gameday_Shorts Aug 1, 2023, 4:00pm EDT
62 Comments / 62 New

Share this story​

NCAA Football: Oklahoma at West Virginia
Ben Queen-USA TODAY Sports

That's not support...that's hope or belief while ignore everything you've seen from them since Brown arrived.

If you're right I'll own I was wrong. If Brown gets fired before the season's over I'm guessing you'll still claim he's a good coach and I'm wrong.
The fact that they have a very good OLine is not hope or belief, it’s fact. The fact that they have a very good RB who got hurt last year and made them a weaker team is not hope or belief, that’s also fact. Your argument is based on belief rooted in what they’ve been in other years, which doesn’t have much to do with this year. Bill Belichik didn’t do squat at Cleveland…did that mean he was a bad coach?

The fact that they have a very good OLine is not hope or belief, it’s fact. The fact that they have a very good RB who got hurt last year and made them a weaker team is not hope or belief, that’s also fact. Your argument is based on belief rooted in what they’ve been in other years, which doesn’t have much to do with this year. Bill Belichik didn’t do squat at Cleveland…did that mean he was a bad coach?

It's not based on what they've been. It's based on what Brown has demonstrated. He's out of his league. Nice coach for a Sun Belt or MAC school but wasn't ready for this job which is why the article above is about saving his job.

Brown's situation is the same as Harsin last year. Both should have been gone prior.

Coaches develop and grow. Hopefully Brown learns from his and is better at his next stop but he won't be fixing things at WVU.

It's not based on what they've been. It's based on what Brown has demonstrated. He's out of his league. Nice coach for a Sun Belt or MAC school but wasn't ready for this job which is why the article above is about saving his job.

Brown's situation is the same as Harsin last year. Both should have been gone prior.

Coaches develop and grow. Hopefully Brown learns from his and is better at his next stop but he won't be fixing things at WVU.
We’ll see. And if he does go, we’ll see if anyone else can do better.

Don’t you just love the beginning of college football all of a sudden this team will beat everyone by 50 or this team will lose to everyone by 50 get ready folks

Estime showed some ability running the ball, but needs some challenge.

Notre Dame Football: Audric Estime Primed for Massive 2023 Season​

The Irish return one of the top running back cores in the country, headlined by Audric Estime.​

Photo of Michael Owens Michael Owens Follow on TwitterMarch 30, 2023
ECJ20220924038 ND UNC
Notre Dame Fighting Irish running back Audric Estime (Photo by Charles Brock/Icon Sportswire)
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Messenger

You’re playing the classic troll game…down play every opponent so that anything other than a complete blow out gives you the ability to slam Franklin…it’s a game that’s been played for years and isn’t very creative. You’re keeping up with Wallace Breen.
LandoPitt-o, idiot, nic hikacker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT