ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State set to take on Michigan State

Michigan State gets on the board right before the half with an impressive 51-yard field goal. Nittany Lions will go to half up 14-3 but leave points on the board with Jake Pinegar missing two field goat attempts.

What were we doing on that last drive in the red zone? three straight runs. It looks like we are afraid to throw to the receivers

Reactions: Onionbelly
Is Sahaydak the FG kicker next yr? That's another area that has to be championship level, ala Moody at Michigan who is nearly automatic...just can't have a shaky kicking game and expect long term results for the most part.

Reactions: CltDon1 and psu00
Is Sahaydak the FG kicker next yr? That's another area that has to be championship level, ala Moody at Michigan who is nearly automatic...just can't have a shaky kicking game and expect long term results for the most part.
Not only is PSU’s field goal kicker lousy, but how often does an opposing kicker come into Beaver Stadium and kick like Adam Vinatieri?

Reactions: Onionbelly
I was disappointed in that last defensive series in that Franklin did not call time out on 4th and 1. Looked like we were not ready on the defensive line for a short yardage play.

Also noticed that on similar short yardage plays our DL moves a little slow compared to the OL.

I hope they start the second half with Singleton he seems to be hot today

Reactions: psu00
Tell me the teams ranked above them on Tuesday even the favorites all win
I’m going to guess Georgia, Michigan, TCU, USC, LSU, and likely Alabama depending on what beating they put on Auburn. I’d say it’s 60/40 to 70/30 for Bama to jump OSU (obviously depending on Bama’s final score- currently 42-21).

PSU struggled to throw deep downfield even with Washington. Without him it seems much worse.

I’m going to guess Georgia, Michigan, TCU, USC, LSU, and likely Alabama depending on what beating they put on Auburn. I’d say it’s 60/40 to 70/30 for Bama to jump OSU (obviously depending on Bama’s final score- currently 42-21).
I don't see how Alabama jumps them--that's a very far fall from #2. Giving up 21 points to Auburn is a ton.
Assuming no upsets I'm saying Georgia, Michigan, TCU, USC, Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Oregon, Penn State...
I do think if it was close Ohio State would have been 4 on Tuesday but they let it get out of hand.

Running game and TFLs have been very good this year and has improved greatly from 2021. Meanwhile, the pass game and special teams have declined and must get better in 2023. Can't waste easy FGs. And, our WR room needs a big time step up to stretch the field. I'm surprised how well the Running game has done despite zero deep passing game this yr.

Reactions: bdgan
Why are our guys slipping all over the place? You think they would have the correct cleats on at this point.

MSU is daring Clifford to throw. Staff isn't helping IMO. Almost no throws on 1st down.

Understand, Penn State is establishing the run, it takes time. Michigan did the same today. Games are won in the 3rd and 4th qtr.
ok, 3rd qtr now....14-3, offense still struggling against a team that is 5-6...lost to indiana
But, I'm patient. I can wait until mid 3rd and 4th qtr

Just a stupid game and game plan. I thought we learned something over the last 3 weeks, but this offense just plain sucks to watch.

ok, 3rd qtr now....14-3, offense still struggling against a team that is 5-6...lost to indiana
But, I'm patient. I can wait until mid 3rd and 4th qtr
Also a team that beat Illinois…just saying.

I agree this offense is not exciting at all they seem to bog down to much

I applaud JF for his loyalty to older guys and those especially who have battled, ala Effner. But, next yr, he simply can't be the starting RT if u want to be where Michigan is. Hopefully I'm wrong, but just isn't big enough or talented enough to be a regular starter. Depth yes...no question. But, not a starter

I don't see how Alabama jumps them--that's a very far fall from #2. Giving up 21 points to Auburn is a ton.
Assuming no upsets I'm saying Georgia, Michigan, TCU, USC, Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Oregon, Penn State...
I do think if it was close Ohio State would have been 4 on Tuesday but they let it get out of hand.
It’s a drop of 5 spots which is generally what tends to happen after losses. They got beat bad….at home… with everything on the line. I may be wrong but I don’t see the committee giving them the benefit of the doubt after that loss.

On PSU's last play, the announcer says they "brought 5", when there was clearly 6 white jerseys in PSU Backfield....

MSU is stacking the LOS every play.

Reactions: bdgan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT