ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State set to take on Michigan State

gl V
It’s a drop of 5 spots which is generally what tends to happen after losses. They got beat bad….at home… with everything on the line. I may be wrong but I don’t see the committee giving them the benefit of the doubt after that loss.
They will be ahead of Bama

It’s a drop of 5 spots which is generally what tends to happen after losses. They got beat bad….at home… with everything on the line. I may be wrong but I don’t see the committee giving them the benefit of the doubt after that loss.
They won't drop 5 spots IMO. Tennessee fell 4 spots when they lost to Georgia. I think that's the max.

We'll see how ND looks tonight if they beat or hand with USC then Ohio State is in great shape. If ND gets blown out then maybe they fall as far as you think but I can't see it. Also, Tennessee did fall 5 last week but that was mainly because they lost Hooker--that dropped them an extra spot or two.

We play short yardage defense better on first down than we do 4th and less than 2. Linebackers not filling gaps.

We have 11 wideouts on our roster and we can’t find one to stretch the defense our get open

Reactions: psu00
We are sleep walking
Our O strategy seems to be hope a RB breaks one
How about some downfield passing

Reactions: psu00
Yes, I know. You already claimed we were fine and would badly outscore them in the 2nd half. You act like this game's in the bag. That's why I wonder how much football you have watched.
Listen, Michigan State isn't a very good football team. If we lose this game Franklin needs to go. They aren't going to lose this game.

We are sleep walking
Our O strategy seems to be hope a RB breaks one
How about some downfield passing
Our OLine isn’t blocking well and our receivers aren’t getting open, so that causes slight problems with passing downfield.

Reactions: BudatPSU
Clifford does this way too often against "Max-Pressure". MSU brings the house and Cliff is bouncing around on his toes like he's got all day! They brought more blitzers than we had blockers! Cliff has to know that he's only got a couple seconds to make a decision and get that ball out of there.

Reactions: BudatPSU
MSU is playing the run.

I don't understand why, historically, PSU tends to ignore the short center of the field in the passing game. I think the last time we did that well we had Norwood and Butler on the field, and they're not even big. What a waste of tight ends.

Our OLine isn’t blocking well and our receivers aren’t getting open, so that causes slight problems with passing downfield.
No argument but running between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down is playing right into their hands.

Listen, Michigan State isn't a very good football team. If we lose this game Franklin needs to go. They aren't going to lose this game.
lets see what MSU does on this drive. last series, pass on 1st down for 11...1st and 10 run for no gain, run on 2nd 2 yards, 3rd and 8 clifford sacked, punt...offensive play calling ?????

ADVERTISEMENT