ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State earns victory No. 5, defeating Big Ten newcomer UCLA on Saturday

How will this affect rugby punts?

The errant snap situation that happened in the Kentucky-Mizzou game doesn’t appear to impact rugby punts. Based on the wording of the rule, players who roll out to the right or left and attempt a fairly common rugby-style punt will not lose any protection from being run into or roughed unless they move 5 yards back from where they previously were.

Here’s how the rule reads in the updated rulebook. The usage of the word “behind” makes it clear that a player can move more than 5 yards laterally and keep his protection as long as he stays within the tackle box.
Announcing team should have stated that too. I did not know that either

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
If you're incapable or unwilling to be reasonable, to the point where you eschew basic literacy and insist your gibberish is correct, you're just going to be ignored going forward. If there's disagreement, it needs to be in good faith. Instead, you've opted to be a flagrant troll.
I'm reasonable all the time--your obsession with me blinds you from that.

• Haha
Reactions: Nostraduzzi
Blatant holding on that failed 4th Down attempt - no comment from Klatt on absence of flag???

I thought there was holding early on in the drive on two pass plays to the left. OL had their arms extended out to the side and the rushers looked to get taken down by it.

K. Allen now at 21 carries for 78 yards. When was the last time PSU had a 20 rush game from a RB? I hope he gets a breakaway to get that average up. He's been running hard all day and really deserves a big run!

Noticed before this game, UCLA was never run on in any if their losses. I'd have to go back and check to see how it compares, but they seem to have a solid rush defense.

Jesus. That is the fourth time today the QB told everyone he was going to throw it to the back, and we are not there to drop the guy.

Looked like he stepped our with right foot there as it slid slightly after plant into OB Stripe, but FOX provides an awful replay so you can't tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT