ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State vs. Michigan

He’s fascinated by 40 times and shuttle times. Weight room heroes and
guys that look like stallions coming off the bus. He has no clue about recruiting FOOTBALL players that help Penn State win FOOTBALL games. He’s killing the history of PSU football, an I’m telling you all - Pat Kraft will not have a long rope on this. He isn’t a Franklin fan, trust me. What we saw today is not going to be ok with him. You heard it here first.

I warned the old board about keeping Paterno after the 1999 catastrophe. I was proven right. I’m telling you now - Franklin’s days are numbered if he continues on this path.

Last edited:
He’s fascinated by 40 times and shuttle times. Weight room heroes And guys that look like stallions coming off the bus. has no clue about recruiting FOOTBALL players that help Penn State win FOOTBALL games. He’s killing the history of PSU football, and m telling you all - Pat Kraft will not have a long rope on this. He isn’t a Franklin fan, trust me. What we saw today is not going to be ok with him. You heard it here first.

I warned the old board about keeping Paterno after the 1999 catastrophe. I was proven right. I’m telling you now - Franklin’s days are numbered if he continues on this path.
Your first graph is excellent. It's why he recruits millions of DB's and these hybrid LB/DE's...because he thinks the flash and speed and athleticism gets it done. It does, but only in part. That can't be the only threat your players pose. We don't muscle anyone, nor bully a legitimate program at the LOS. I don't see a tenacious demeanor or mean streak like Michigan had today. We just go through the motions and JF will be friends with them tomorrow. Look at NFL Sunday's...it's like free advertising for PSU...droves of NFL players he has put out, yet can't win big on the field. And who aren't we seeing dominate in the NFL out of PSU...DL and OL. Look at the last recruiting class and the one upcoming...the interior recruiting has been an absolute joke. But, according to the fanboys who will appear on here tomorrow, we need better facilities and investment. Oh and don't forget this one they say... PSU never has been an elite program and we usually were a 9 and 10 win team in the old days. Excuse after excuse.

• Love
Reactions: psu00 and PSUfiji
No, I don’t wish I was a Michigan fan. You are so transparent, scumbag troll.

So help me out here. I don't know Lando from Adam and I spend most of my time on the Wrestling Board, but Lando has been a member here longer than you and has more posts than you. Yet, because he isn't all sunshine and rainbows, compliments the other team, doesn't bash referees and calls things like he sees them, he's a UM troll?

I've heard of a long con before, but a year plus and 1700 or so posts just to wait for this moment to act like a Penn State fan while secretly being a Michigan fan? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me!

Last edited:
Your first graph is excellent. It's why he recruits millions of DB's and these hybrid LB/DE's...because he thinks the flash and speed and athleticism gets it done. It does, but only in part. That can't be the only threat your players pose. We don't muscle anyone, nor bully a legitimate program at the LOS. I don't see a tenacious demeanor or mean streak like Michigan had today. We just go through the motions and JF will be friends with them tomorrow. Look at NFL Sunday's...it's like free advertising for PSU...droves of NFL players he has put out, yet can't win big on the field. And who aren't we seeing dominate in the NFL out of PSU...DL and OL. Look at the last recruiting class and the one upcoming...the interior recruiting has been an absolute joke. But, according to the fanboys who will appear on here tomorrow, we need better facilities and investment. Oh and don't forget this one they say... PSU never has been an elite program and we usually were a 9 and 10 win team in the old days. Excuse after excuse.
We played for 4 National championships between 1978 and 1986. Four. We’ve played for none since (1994 not withstanding). We were tough, physical and MEAN. I’ll take Shane Conlan over any player we’ve had since - tough, physical, and MEAN! Micah Parsons perfectly encapsulates Penn State football under Franklin: Me-first, great NFL combine numbers, quit on his team in 2020, then left early for the NFL and didn’t play for Penn State in 2021. That is exactly PSU football under Franklin - great athlete that doesn’t give a bleep about Penn State, quits on his team, and becomes an NFL player. Did nothing to help PSU beat Ohio State or win the conference title. Quit on PSU. Didn’t care about his school. exactly a Franklin player - awesome looking coming off the bus. And what did he do for PSU? Oooh, winning the Cotton Bowl. Which means bleep. Franklin personified.

We played for 4 National championships between 1978 and 1986. Four. We’ve p,Ayer for none since (1994 not withstanding). We were tough, physical and MEAN. I’ll take Shane Conlan over ant player we’ve had since - tough, physical, and MEAN! Micah Parsons perfectly encapsulates Penn State football under Franklin: Me-first, great NFL combine numbers, quit on his team in 2020, then left early for the NFL and didn’t play for Penn State in 2021. That is exactly PSU football under Franklin - great athlete that doesn’t give a bleep about Penn State, quits on his team, and becomes an NFL player. Did nothing to help PSU beat Ohio State or win the conference title. Quit on PSU. Didn’t care about his school. exactly a Franklin player - awesome looking coming off the bus. And what did he do for PSU? Oooh, winning the Cotton Bowl. Which means bleep. Franklin personified.
Excellent post...or any of those LB's after Shane...Poz, Connor, Bowman, etc., all throwbacks and hardhats who would wreck ball carriers and the LOS. Parsons was/is a freak athlete and a 5 star...but we got one true year out of him...what a total waste. You know who I did love watching the last couple of years was Luketa...tough as nails...big and strong and played in the bowl game. I gained respect for him that he didn't sit out like the other guys. At the end of the day, we are a soft program that is coached soft, play soft, mentally and physically.

We need SOMEONE who can MOTIVATE the team on gameday. I thought Franklin finally gave in to this notion, as during previous games he showed some emotion on the sideline. But today he appeared to be his stoic self again... Somebody needs to get fire in their belly and the intensity to be nasty... this is TACKLE football, not two-hand touch for cripes sake! Where the heck is a Matt Millen or a Mark D'Onofrio to fire-up the rest of the team??? Verdict: LACK OF INTENSITY.

"2020 we got 4* Jacobs
2021 we got two 3* kids
That's not good enough"

Starting UM LB Michael Barrett was a three star 5-11, 208-pound Dual-Threat Quarterback.

Any questions? Can we stop this? It is scheme and development issues
I agree about scheme but that's not my point. My point is that only one 4* LB in 2 years usually won't get it done against top 5 teams like UM & OSU.

ah, darn I forgot Blanding. ok one guy who probably won't matter. JF has whiffed on Christian Wilkins and others who would be the 'game wreckers' that he has labeled as a familiar term. DT and OL are the two positions he really hasn't had that "dude", that guy that just wreaks havoc. Hence, the two positions that dictate the LOS....go figure.
I actually met Wilkins a couple of years ago, and asked him why he didnt chose PSU. He said something like, "PSU? Why would I go to PSU? I wanted to win National Championships". Just thought it was interesting that PSU wasnt even on his radar and we thought he was a PSU lock.

Reactions: psu00
I actually met Wilkins a couple of years ago, and asked him why he didnt chose PSU. He said something like, "PSU? Why would I go to PSU? I wanted to win National Championships". Just thought it was interesting that PSU wasnt even on his radar and we thought he was a PSU lock.
Unbelievable....and not having anyone like him or Hutchinson, or the Bosa bros or even Chase Young, has been the difference IMO. Those guys singlehandedly could dominate a game, or close out a game because they won their 1-on-1 matchups in key moments. We have had a number of MAC level players up front IMO.

Which leads to the question is Franklin interfering or affecting his play calling?

It’s been 9 years with multiple assistants on both sides of the ball and multiple recruiting classes of players. Eventually the spotlight has to be put on the 1 constant through all those years- Franklin.
I recall seeing that MY had averaged over 40 points a season as an OC at every places he coached …. Until he got with Franklin.

And as I’ve stated many times
4 OCs
3 OL coaches
2 S&C coaches
Same issues every year

the 1 constant is Franklin. He’s the problem.

The funny thing about that - Wilkins was part of the 2015 class. At that point, Clemson had not won a national championship or even seriously contended for one since 1981. College football fans even developed the word Clemsoning to describe a team that failed to win big games. Although Clemson wasn't dealing with the aftermath of sanctions. Granted, they did break through while he was there, but there was certainly no way it was a sure thing when he was being recruited. They were playing second fiddle to FSU in the ACC at that point.

Look at Singleton's arms. He's got no muscle definition. I don't know what it is, strength training, recruiting, practicing, whatever, but Franklin's teams have always lacked physical toughness. You can win against the Purdues and Rutgers of the world just by having superior athletes, but you will always lose to those who match your athletes like USC or to those who are more physical than you like Kentucky. I mean, how in the world does Kentucky have a better offensive line than Penn State? It's one thing to lose, but it's a whole different thing to lose allowing 400 rushing yards. 400 RUSHING YARDS!!!
And the mental toughness is worse than the physical toughness.

Time to give someone new a chance.

We better portal or do something. Oh where have you gone Jimmy Kennedy and Anthony Adams?!
I used to remember when under Bradley when teams would run up the middle against us I would just laugh and say, "Did they watch any film on us, you're not gonna run it up the middle vs our DTs.

Reactions: PSUfiji
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT