ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia boards saying Justin Fields told coaches he's transferring

No, I looked it up. Unlike many here, I have a life and am capable of doing elementary research on my own.:)

That makes you unlike most of us, but in the league of barren and Sandy.

:eek:

I stated this before, but if you looked at Field’s HS tape you could see a fantastic athlete in a really basic offense which was way closer to that PSU plays than what Georgia does. Georgia made a huge mistake promising him playing time. He needed a redshirt year. PSU was honest with him and he went for the flash and promises. It was pretty predictable he was not going to beat out Fromm. This wasn’t a Lawrence-Bryant situation like at Clemson. It was almost the reverse.

Reactions: ralphster and Pride
This kid didn't merely have options, he had unlimited options. He could have literally gone anywhere. Instead, he went to the worst possible place. Just weird.
Doesn't seem like a bad decision without a delusional belief of immediately starting. Really sad if they blew smoke up his ass to sign him. Unfortunate but understandable if he just got cocky due to getting all that attention at an age when very few people can handle it.

Fats has a life? No way. The scum sucker is married to Molly. You call that a life?

And why would Sandy do research on her own when she has 92 AADs at her beck and call?

Perhaps, but I believe you share similar talents as those in the higher echelons of academia. Do you possess a refined palate for onion dip?

Pray tell, who gives a shit?

Based on the comments a lot of people here. Fields is a big time prospect and many people care about things other than just Penn State. If Fields ends up in the Big Ten you should definitely care.

Just like we should all care that Hunter Johnson transferred to Northwestern and whatever QB Michigan finds in a few months if Shea Patterson goes pro. Hell, since we want to win titles (supposedly) we should care anywhere he goes as it can impact us.

Perhaps, but I believe you share similar talents as those in the higher echelons of academia. Do you possess a refined palate for onion dip?

Harumph!!! Well, I never........ I'm more of a fried mozzarella sticks man, myself.:eek:

Reactions: LionJim
Just wondering, who are your sources that can confirm there is nothing to these rumors????
No one...but one would think the sports talk shows or sports opinion writers or anyone in the Atlanta area would mention something. After all, you can't keep secrets in the south. Trust me on that.

Based on the comments a lot of people here. Fields is a big time prospect and many people care about things other than just Penn State. If Fields ends up in the Big Ten you should definitely care.

Just like we should all care that Hunter Johnson transferred to Northwestern and whatever QB Michigan finds in a few months if Shea Patterson goes pro. Hell, since we want to win titles (supposedly) we should care anywhere he goes as it can impact us.

Why? What has Fields actually accomplished in DIv 1 as a QB. Everything you input sounds like one simple case of fear of the unknown. Seriously, I don't give a shit.

Really odd. Good chance Fromm is gone after next year, so assuming Fields transfers within FBS and doesn't receive a special waiver, he isn't going to be the starter at his new school any sooner than he would have at Georgia. Have got to think there's an additional factor at play here.

Reactions: grinagrin
Part of the deal with Fields is that he wanted to play baseball too. I was surprised he picked UGA over Florida State considering He probably would have beaten out Deandre Francois at QB and they have a good baseball program too.

Reactions: flash86
My gut says, “No way”, but does CJF reach out here? Would be a tremendous coup bringing in the missing piece we should have had last year. The flip side would be you might lose one of the QBs already committed. The kid could definitely use a redshirt year to learn an offense wherever he goes. At the least, it’s an interesting topic of discussion until Wednesday.

Reactions: TheGLOV
My gut says, “No way”, but does CJF reach out here? Would be a tremendous coup bringing in the missing piece we should have had last year. The flip side would be you might lose one of the QBs already committed. The kid could definitely use a redshirt year to learn an offense wherever he goes. At the least, it’s an interesting topic of discussion until Wednesday.

Every coach "should" reach out

No chance.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT